Thank you for providing us with this positive review for The Academy. We are happy to hear the great feedback and we will share your comments with our dining team!
Top Nearby Independent Living Communities
Reviews of The Academy, A Merrill Gardens Community | Independent Living
Overview of Ratings
February 29, 2016
I visited this facility
September 29, 2015
I visited this facility
We appreciate you taking the time to write us this positive review! Thank you so much for sharing feedback on your experience at The Academy. Please contact us with any further feedback or questions.
September 18, 2013
I am a friend or relative of resident
"When I found Caring.com and talked with an advisor, my stress just melted. I knew they would find a home for Mom."
- Robin Fritz
Trusted by Families
Founded in 2007, we’ve helped over 500,000 families find the perfect home for their loved one.
We partner with local care providers to keep our service completely free for you.
Our Family Advisors have the latest pricing details for thousands of communities nationwide.
We are here for you – whether you're just starting your search or need to find care fast.
Our knowledgeable Family Advisors will work within your budget and help you find financial assistance.
We’ll help you find providers who can provide the level of care that your loved one needs.
Photos of The Academy, A Merrill Gardens Community
Features of The Academy, A Merrill Gardens Community
- Rent Plus Care Fees
- Entry Fee
- Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
- Studio Apartments
- In Room Kitchenette
- In Room Kitchens
- Dining Room Shared Meals
- Dining Extra: Anytime Dining 7am 7pm
- Beauty Barber Shop
- Resident Transportation
- Party Space
- Hiking Trails
- Tv Room
- Garden And Patio
- Resident Parking
- Security Gate
- Features Extra: Library
- Laundry For Linens
- Private Cleaning Services
- Laundry For Clothing
Technology and entertainment
- Cable In Rooms
- Technology Extra: Emergency Call System
- Medication Management
- Offsite Activities
- Religious Services
- Lectures Discussions
- Book Clubs
- Wii Sports
- Tai Chi
- Fitness Room
- Arts And Crafts
- Activities Extra: Computer Class
- Financing Advice
- Guest Parking
- Guests At Mealtime
- Overnight Guests
- Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 7
- Respite Care
- Minimum Age: 62
- Pets: Small Pets Allowed
- Licenses: Boarding Home
- State Licenses: 1625
About The Academy, A Merrill Gardens Community
The Academy is located next to Mission Park on the bank of the Spokane River in Spokane, Washington. Our apartment-style independent living community offers all of the amenities of a home without the work. Imagine a life without household chores, yard work or home maintenance. Invite guests to a meal, special event or social outing.
Location of The Academy
- Close to medical services, shopping and restaurants - Paved walking paths and garden areas - Landscaped grounds
Services offered at The Academy
- Independent living and assisted living - 24-hour staff - Anytime Dining served restaurant style - Weekly housekeeping and linen service - Full activity program - On-site maintenance
- Studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments with kitchenettes - Comfortable lounge areas and activity room - Private dining room available for special events - Salon and barbershop - Resident and guest parking - Guest suites available for visitors - Small pets welcome - Resident call system in every apartment
- Month-to-month rental, no buy-in required - All utilities included, except telephone and cable - Centrally located laundry rooms - Total apartments: 97