Summit Hills | Independent Living

110 Summit Hills Drive, Spartanburg, SC, 29307

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Summit Hills | Independent Living

FazeOne January 29, 2015

My husband and I moved to Summit Hills March 1, 2014 (almost to the year mark.) It was the best decision we have made for our “Golden Years.” We have met many people from different careers and truly enjoyed their stories of family, professions, etc. The staff at Summit Hills is cheerful; helpful and always ready to meet your needs. They are one “One Caring Bunch.” We are happy.

lottathighs January 29, 2015

I have lived at Summit Hills since July 1998, and I enjoy it more each day. Summit Hills is a loving community, not just a place to pass time until you pass away. The residents are very friendly and really care about each other. It is truly a great place to live. Although I live by myself I have never felt afraid one minute. We have a night watchman who tours the neighborhood once an hour and is ready to be of assistance if one should have a medical emergency in the middle of the night. We have a stellar Maintenance crew who comes to help shortly after called- "not when they have to get around to it."

The food is very good and the food service department works hard to prepare good, balanced meals but the greatest part is I don't have to cook it- it's like eating out every meal- no clean up and no dishes!

I have a two- member housekeeping crew who make sure my house is clean and the linens are changed weekly. If you are bored, it is your own fault because there is always something going on. We have an outstanding Wellness Program featuring everything from physical exercise to water aerobics. There are classes to keep your mind fit also= everybody loves Jeopardy!

Fortunately I can still drive but for those who can't, transportation is available four days a week, and trips to the grocery store, the bank, and to the mall are scheduled each week.

To feed our cultural appetites, transportation is provided to the Symphony, to events at the Cultural Center, to special presentations given by many colleges and churches in Spartanburg.

If it takes a village to raise a child as Hilary Clinton says, it also takes a village to Keep Grandma Going Too! And Summit Hills is that village for me!

SH Mickey January 29, 2015

Summit Hills provides a great lifestyle for all members. When I was looking for a place to call home in retirement, I wanted to live with colleges and cultural events. Thanks to Summit Hills we have transportation. We go to stage plays, jazz concerts, ballet and even athletic events. I love the cultural aspects of Spartanburg. Summit Hills makes that readily available to us.

The second thing is that I am a person who enjoys working out. As I got older, I learned to swim. I learned this in retirement. We have a pool and a superb skill trainer. Our Wellness Director is very wonderful in setting up personalized workout programs for every resident which meet their every needs.

In addition, the members enjoy on-campus lectures, card games, jeopardy, and music and art classes. What more could we ask for- a pool? A gym? Skilled trainers? –We have those also.

About Summit Hills

Summit Hills is an independent living community in Spartanburg, SC designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Summit Hills for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Summit Hills