Brookdale Sparks

1900 East Prater Way, Sparks, NV, 89434

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Brookdale Sparks

Caring107948850 September 07, 2015

Brookdale Vista (Formerly Wynwood of Sparks) was nice. They were very friendly, they showed us around, and it looked like they had a good meal program. They invited us to have a meal, but we passed on that. They just gave my friend a pie to take home. They had an exercise activity and various games during the day for the people that live there to participate in. The staff was very good and very helpful, and I enjoyed talking with them. As for the rooms, they seemed to be a little crowded for us and don't let a lot of light in. There were smaller window type openings.

Kristine10 July 29, 2015

The apartment units of Brookdale Sparks (formerly Villas of Sparks) were wonderful. I just thought it was a really nice place, but my parents need a little more care than independent. The entire experience was lovely. Nice person, professional, and sweet. The only thing that I would say about this place is the rooms were really small. They are total pack rats, they have all kinds of stuff, and they would have to pretty much get rid of everything. I was really impressed. I want to move in myself.

Chuck11 February 10, 2015

The Villas of Sparks is the one I chose for my mom, and I am pleased with it. The staff is really nice. When the other facility takes over, there will be a turnover on the staff. The person that shows us the room is great, and she is really nice. The chef is wonderful and is a really nice lady. The facility is kept well, and my mom seems to love it. They have a meeting group. She has her hair done there. There is a tile game that she plays.

They seem very attentive. Nothing has gone wrong there, and we have no problems whatsoever. I think the only thing that can rate them down is that they are an older facility, and there's nothing they can do about that. They can remodel I suppose, but the upkeep is wonderful. They are clean. She interacts a lot in the dining room, and the dining staff there is just fantastic. They seem to make an effort to remember the wants and needs of all the people who live there. They remember their names, and they seem to be people who genuinely care and want to help. I think, generally, it is a great facility.

Ron39 January 13, 2015

I visited the Villas and checked out the retirement part of it. I liked that it was a very nice facility with very pleasant and nice people. The staff seemed to be very good. The dining room was excellent. If I could afford it and was ready for it, I would move in. Their marketing director was excellent. I saw the three different sizes of rooms, and they were occupied rooms -- which were better to see than empty ones. The people that lived there had given us permission to go in and look. They were spacious enough, and I could be fine with a large one-bedroom apartment. I ate lunch there, and the food was very good. The dining room was pleasant and was set up like a restaurant.

It had a very pleasant atmosphere, and it was better than any other facility that I had seen. The grounds were well maintained with green grass and trees. It was neat and clean. It was near the hospital which was just up on the hill.

When I was there, they were putting together puzzles and playing cards, and some were sitting around.

Kathie4 December 30, 2014

My mom's in the waiting list of Villas of Sparks. It was beautiful and clean. The people were very friendly and very helpful. They made my mother felt very at ease. We had lunch there, and it was wonderful. The rooms were all nice. My mom was interested in a studio deluxe. Some of the residents let us come into their rooms so we could see how it looked. They had bingo, places to play cards, they took people places, they had a workout room, and they had a hair salon. I was anxious for her to move in.

Caring73957550 September 25, 2014

Villas of Sparks was one of the best communities in Reno. The staff was caring and sincerely concerned about the individuals. The chef had been working there for twenty years. As a result, the food was excellent. The place was consistent in almost everything. They had the same activities as with the usual facilities. My mother would have stayed there. The problem was they didn't have big apartments. Generally, everything except the apartments was better than the other communities.

Myra3 September 23, 2014

The Villas was very welcoming. They were just absolutely wonderful people to escort us around and showed us all the different activities. They shared a calendar of events of what goes on during the day and the care that my mother would have if she was in there. If she would be sick and couldn't come down for meal, they told us what they would do to help her out. We were able to visit the rooms because the residents that lived there shared their place and they let us go in so we would be able to see how they lived. They had a studio apartment and a regular one-bedroom apartment. They invited us for lunch and had a nice cake or a pie to take home after our visit. They had called me several times and said they would let my mother come and stay for a couple of weeks just to have the feel of it and see if that would be something that she would want to live in and that was very nice.

Caring62551850 May 12, 2014

The people at Villas of Sparks all seemed to be really happy, and this facility is very nice. They have a good setup, and the food was good. The staff was very helpful. I know they have activities, but I really don’t remember in particular.

Caring3248 July 24, 2012

The facility is very nice. It looks very comfortable in all aspects. They showed as a room and it looked clean and comfortable to me. They have everything there. They have a tiny refrigerator and a 2 little cabinets and a sink and a microwave. My mother doesn't like microwaves and they didn't have stove. I guess they didn't have stoves because they don't like people cooking.

From Brookdale Sparks

Brookdale Sparks provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale Sparks

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Housing extra: Cottages
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Sparks