American House Southgate Senior Living

16333 Allen Road,, Southgate, MI, 48195

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of American House Southgate Senior Living

Caring86789150 June 30, 2014

American House is clean. It seemed right. He's getting help with his medication, so I guess that would be assisted living. He likes it; he likes the food. He's only been there about a month. They've been real helpful and with good attitudes.

We are so glad your loved one is enjoying the food and our wonderful staff. We take great pride in having a real community, where everyone feels happy and cared for. If you ever need anything, please give me a call. I’m happy to talk through your loved one’s care anytime!

Sue3 June 26, 2014

American House was great. The convenience of where it is would be the main thing for us. It is quite close to our family, and it is convenient to everything. The mall is about a mile away, and there are a lot of stores around. However, it was a little expensive for us because they serve all your meals and everything, too. Nevertheless, the atmosphere was really good. They have a patio, which is nice. The staff was very polite and very informative. They were very nice to us and showed us the apartments. It was really good. The apartments were a good size, and they had quite a bit of storage, so we liked that. They have activities. They play cards and different games.

It's always nice to hear good things about our staff and our community, so thank you for leaving your feedback! We strive to make our residents feel at home with our spacious living areas, three daily meals and plenty to do! If you'd like to give me a call personally, we can go over all your needs and see what we can do.

Ericka2 May 11, 2014

American House is in the midst of remodelling, but it’s very clean and neat. The staff seemed so very nice. They do excellently, if you ask me, with my dad, and they’re very pleasant. The apartments are really nice; he has a one-bedroom, and the two-bedroom was also really nice. They play cards, and they do chair aerobics and grocery shopping. There’s something every night. They do Wii bowling and they have movie nights, I think every Friday. He doesn’t have complaints with the food.

Thank you for your kind review! I'm glad your dad is enjoying all the activities we offer here - never a dull moment, that's for sure! If you or your dad ever need anything, please feel free to drop by at any time. I hope you both like the remodeling once it's done (and thanks for bearing with us)!

Caring84225550 April 29, 2014

The people are very friendly and very welcoming at American House Southgate. And you feel like people understand you and what you're going through. You can furnish your apartment the way you want it, and they provide three meals a day. You also have your own home if you want to cook things on your own. They have housekeeping, too. You can go out and drive, and you can keep your car. You're having help, and in the meantime, you can still feel that you can have your independence.

They play cards, they watch movies, and it depends on if the person would like to get out of the apartment or if she wants to stay in her apartment. You have your own choice. They're down-to-earth people. You feel like you've known them for a long time. They make you feel like you're not a stranger and intruder to come in. I spoke to the director there.

You've summed up our community quite well! Thanks for leaving your feedback - I really appreciate knowing that you felt comfortable here. Our residents love the options for as much independence as they'd like here…and we have so many fun activities that makes this a very social community to live in! If I can answer any other questions for you, please call me personally.

Happy Daughter6 December 03, 2013

My Mother has been a resident for 1 week. At this point in time I am very pleased. Her care giver has worked wonders. Mom was cranky, unhappy, and ready to say good bye and on Monday she was happy (actually smiling), content and looking forward to Thanksgiving.

It is still early in this relationship and I don't know how everything will progress but at this moment I am happy to see Mom smiling again.

Nothing makes me happier than to hear how much residents enjoy living here! I'm glad your mom is smiling again. My door is always open, should you or your mom need anything - or just want to say hello!

From American House Southgate Senior Living

Located in the heart of downriver, Southgate is home to numerous dining experiences, golf courses and neighborhood parks. Minutes from the freeway and Detroit Metropolitan Airport, Southgate also boasts close proximity to neighboring downriver communities such as Riverview, Wyandotte, Woodhaven, Trenton and Grosse Ile. American House Southgate is also close to hospitals including Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital and Oakwood Hospital. Southgate Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Apartment options at Southgate Senior Living include 1 and 2 bedrooms – all with full kitchens, dining areas, and private baths. Though currently under renovation, Southgate will ultimately offer property amenities like a full-service dining room, beauty salon/barber shop, fitness room, and activity centers with a dedicated, full-time life enrichment director.

Restaurant-style dining is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational programming. Resident Services also include 24-hour on-site staff and scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Location of American House Southgate Senior Living