The Park at Trowbridge

24111 Civic Center Dr., Southfield, MI, 48033

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of The Park at Trowbridge

Caring106116650 May 05, 2015

I did visit my friend on The Park at Trowbridge. The staff is helpful, accommodating, and very friendly. There are a lot of activities in the community for the elderly. There is always something every single day like either selling things or entertainment, bingo, or singing. There is something always there to keep the elderly entertained, and it helps prolong their lives. It is more of a retirement community, and it is clean. One thing that does concern me is that I don't think they really have a good evacuation procedure. Even though they say that the fire trucks can come in to get the people out, the building is really huge, and I can't imagine a fire truck getting a lot closer to the person that is in there now. As far as the person I know, he can't walk and is wheelchair bound. I just thought the evacuation policy needs to be reviewed. My friend is actually a cook, and he doesn't like to eat there. The dining area is nice and clean with white tablecloths. Everybody down there eating seems to be happy. I'm impressed that they know their clients by name and the fact that they have a lot of entertainment so they are not just sitting in the room being ill. When you go up there, the elderly are always moving.

Caring102632350 April 21, 2015

My mother is staying at The Park at Trowbridge, and it's a nice place. Her apartment is beautiful. She seems to like the food. They have a lot of activities.

They have a company that is on-site, and they bring her meals to her and help her shower. This is kind of expensive. They are good, and she seems to be pretty happy there. Right now, the caregivers that are currently working with her have the option to take her down to the meals or bring her meals up. My mother is incontinent. They make sure that her bed stays clean. They help her undress and get dressed. I was a little worried though because they put her down at night at about 6:30, and that's kind of early. I don't want her in bed for 12 hours.

Caring104808850 April 20, 2015

My mother has been in The Park at Trowbridge for two years now. The place seemed to have gone down as far as the food and the amenities that they provide. The dining room floor looks terrible. It's disappointing. The helpers they have don't care. Service is slow in the dining room. If I had known it was going to be like that, I would never put her in there. They have a separate company that passes out the medications; that standard has changed too. They had certain times to give her medications: morning pills, afternoon pills, and then evening pills. Someway, they decided to make a fewer trips and double up the medication. The dispensing of the medication seemed to have changed without our permission. Every year, they increase the rent substantially unbelievably, and I'm feeling worse and worse about it.

The activities are good, and the activities director does a great job. She has people come in and entertain them all the time. They have weddings, anniversaries, and holiday celebrations.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us is not meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

mary4602 February 25, 2015

I will be at Park at Trowbridge, and I'm moving on March 3rd. I like the staff. Some places were cheaper, but this one offers everything you want. They have breakfast and dinner, they have plenty of activities, and they carry you to your doctors' appointments, shopping, or banking -- anything within the 12-mile radius. You don't even have to wait. They have one big bus, and they have a couple of cars. They have a beauty shop and exercise facilities with the physical therapist on the premises.

Caring102458850 February 21, 2015

I put them in a facility, and they stayed there for two years, but the quality started going down. We had my parents at The Park at Trowbridge. They kept going up on the rent, but the quality of the service kept going down. I wasn't satisfied with their service, so I just pulled them out. It was clean, and the services were much better. Now I'm not satisfied with the dining area. They didn't really clean it like they should. Yet they still kept going up on their rent. I complained several times about the table that they were assigned to. The chairs were always nasty, and I had to clean the chair out. Along the wall, someone spilled some red punch, and it stayed on the wall for about four or five months. I kept telling them they needed to clean it off the wall, but no one would do it. If I am paying that much money, the service should have been better than that. The management had a bad attitude. He didn't know how to talk to people. When I went to complain, he had a bad attitude. Seemed like when they changed management, it got bad.

Caring88920850 December 20, 2014

We are happy with Park at Trowbridge. The staff are very helpful and trustworthy, and that is the reason why my sister is there. She has her own apartment. I've been there while she was eating, and the food seems generous as well as healthy. The dining room is homey. They have two of them; one is kind of a cafeteria style, and another is a family style. She is involved in multiple activities, arts, crafts, gardening, and sewing, and there is also physical therapy and occupational therapy available. They go to movies, restaurants, and shopping. There is surveillance all around the building. It is not a gated community; however, there is a 24-hour attendant in the lobby and key card availability. If a resident needs it, they can have a positioning device put with them, so their location is discernible. Anytime they're on the grounds or in the nearby area, they can be located; it's kind of like GPS. It is a wonderful place, and I highly recommend it.

Tim21 October 16, 2014

Trowbidge is nice; the rooms were really nice, and the staff was nice. The dining area was nice, and they have bingo, cards, a game room, TV room, and a gym area.

Nancy112 September 01, 2014

My mother moved into Trowbridge in July, 2014. She has been familiar with this facility for a long time, but after a fall and a dislocated shoulder suffered in June, our family agreed it was time that she leave our family home and move to Trowbridge, the only place Mom ever wanted to move to. From the minute we started dealing with Kelly and Gina in their Sales and Marketing group, we knew we had made the right choice. Mom had been in a rehab facility and was anxious to leave that facility and go home, but with her condition home was not an option. Mom really wanted a 2 bedroom apartment and luckily one became available but wouldn't be ready until early August. As long as we signed a lease, Kelly offered us a 1 bedroom furnished respite apartment for Mom to stay in until her apartment was ready. This was the best of both worlds because Trowbridge has onsite physical therapy through Brookdale Therapy and allowed mom to continue her rebabilitation without leaving the building. It allowed us (her 5 children) to get her home ready for sale and to figure out what furniture we would be moving to Trowbridge. Kelly recommended a company called Gentle Transitioning which was a godsend to us. Janet Stein and her team came to Mom's house and worked with mom to figure out what furniture would move. Her sister Amy, an interior decorator, drew up a workable floor plan which we tweaked a few times, and then finally, the day before the move in August, Janet and her team worked with Mom at her house to figure out what else would move (Clothes, kitchen items, etc.), and packed everything up for us. The next day, the movers came (that Janet had arranged), and moved al the furniture over, and Janet and her team unpacked everything for us. Amy and her handyman came a few days later and hung all the pictures and organized lamps, nicknacks, etc. so when Mom walked into her new apartment, it was ready to go! Mom got a 2 bedroom Telegraph model that she loves. She uses the larger bedroom as her bedroom. It has a walk - in closet and was able to fit mom's entire bedroom set. She uses the second bedroom as a den and it was able to fit mom's big desk, a nice 4 drawer file drawer and another long desk with 2 drawers at each end. And surprisingly we even had room for a twin sleeper sofa in there with an Ottoman that we picked up at Art Van in Royal Oak. So now we still have a place to sleep if we decide to spend a night with Mom. The kitchen is a full galley style kitchen with lots of cupboard space (though some of it a bit too high for Mom to reach), and came with all appliances except a microwave which I purchased separately. Gina even let me ship it directly to her and Kim in maintenance got it set up in her apartment. The living room is quite spacious, the dining room small (about 81 inches square) but Mom only eats breakfast here. During the month before the move, I think we were in contact almost daily with Gina or Kelly just asking them a million questions and they never grew tired of me! Gina and I decided we'd be best friends if we ever lived next door to each other. We thought we ran into a problem with a light switch in the dining room being inaccessible to Mom if she moved in her dining room hutch but Kim and Mike on his staff got creative and were able to put in a wireless switch on another wall. They were so excited that it worked that they said they'd start using this option in all of the other apartments!

The rent includes breakfast and dinner, but for $100 more for month, you can substitute lunch for dinner which Mom does. Mom has been happy with the food at Trowbridge - there are usually 3 choices at dinner and for lunch, she usually grabs soup and a sandwich. She hasn't participated in any of the activities yet, concentrating most on her physical therapy (which she loves!). But soon she'll be able to join activities - right now we think here two favorite activities are lunch and dinner which she talks about all the time. Trowbridge also has a company called ComfortCare onsite which offers optional assisted living services which you buy in a package or alacarte, or not at all. This gives mom the ultimate flexibility with her budget. Mom currently gets a package where the ComfortCare staff comes each morning to dress her, make her bed, etc. and then each evening to help her get ready for bed. She also receives medicine assistance and bathing twice per week. Mom loves the staff at ComfortCare and it gives the 5 of us piece of mind to know they have a nurse on staff along with their caregivers.

As you can see, I cannot say enough about this place. Everyone on the staff that I have met is amazing - many of them have been there many years. The residents are delightful and I love meeting many of them. The grounds are gorgeous and since Trowbridge is pet friendly, there is room for the residents to walk their dog if they have one. They even let my sister bring her dog over to see mom when she visits every week. It's now one month since Mom moved into her new apartment, two months, since moving into Trowbridge and she is still very happy, and we are all at peace, knowing she is being watched over so carefully by the wonderful staff at Trowbridge.

herschel August 17, 2014

Nice and surprisingly affordable. (900 sq ft 2 BR 2B was offered for about $2500/mo. "Why so cheap?" we thought.) Striking high rise architecture with tall central atrium (unlike any other we've seen). Very friendly staff. There seems to be a spirit of love and generosity. My wife and I were strongly considering moving there, but we have decided it is best to stay put for the time being -- but that does not reflect on the community (our own personal situation). Gina is great, and we have been invited to participate in their activities even though we won't be moving there in the near future.

Kristen10 May 20, 2014

The Park had nice rooms. The common area and the dining room were really nice. They have assigned seating, but they would change it if you didn't like who you were sitting with. It was a really nice location. The staff was very nice. They had followed up with several phone calls. They are having a party tomorrow, and they invited my mom to come over. I think it's going to be a few more years before she's ready for a place like that.

The clientele was a little bit older, and I think a little bit less able to live on their own. It was nice because they had physical therapy and everything there. It was a studio apartment. It was just one room. They were very welcoming as far as coming back and having my mom come if she wanted to have a meal there.

Caring1113 August 22, 2013

I visited The Park at Trowbridge because I looked for a place for my mom. The place was clean and we looked at the private room. The staff were very nice.

Deborah15 August 01, 2013

I liked Park at Trowbridge. Their facility was very gorgeous and it was homey. They had all of the amenities. They had housekeeping and laundry. When I was there, they had just finished renewing the marriage vows of residents who were married and it was very touching. The price was reasonable and I would recommend this facility to others.

John65736950 July 24, 2013

The Park is on the top of my list of places visited. It is a high rise which I didn't like but they had an apartment opened at the time on the second floor. I believe they had two bathrooms, and everything I wanted in an apartment they had it there. The living room and the dining area are larger which I preferred.

The staff is pleasant, very helpful, showed me around and took the time. They had a game room and other areas for sitting around and chatting.

Ruthie2 May 20, 2013

The Brookdale Senior Living was an excellent facility, but the price range was too high. It was more like a luxury hotel; they had everything there.

MarshaR July 25, 2012

We find The Park at Trowbridge very pleasing, and that they have skilled nursing staffs and provides really good service to the residents. Mom's room is very nice, and very cozy too. Her unit includes a bedroom, kitchen, living room, and a bathroom. It also has walk-in closet, big enough for mom's stuff. The bathroom is connected through the kitchen, and then there's the walk-in closet to the bedroom. The bathroom is very well cleaned, and it's wheelchair accessible. The food is quite good. Mom likes the food there from what she's been telling. The staff are nice. They seem to know alot and very skilled in what they do, I could see that they are very caring to each patient/resident of the facility.I am very happy that mom is in this facility and i know she'll be well taken care of.

Social Worker # 1 November 11, 2011

Trowbridge Assisted Living would be an excellent choice for anyone that is looking for a permanent assisted living facility. I would recommend it to everyone, anyone, and any specific group of people that are looking for a placement for their friends or a family member.

When I was there in June, 2011, I noticed that it was such a lovely place and I really liked the décor of the entire facility because it was very formal and elegant. The Dining area is very large and can seat over 50 residents at one time. The dining arrangements in the dining room area were all coordinated and matching the walls and carpet. The management and staff are all very professional and team, task oriented in their job duties and performance. The residents there were happy and they all dressed very elegant as if they were going out on a formal function. They all were so well dressed both the men and women. The entire structure of the facility has a very elegant look. The furniture, the resident's apartments were very beautiful and clean and there was no smell just the smell of great cooking food because some of their residents cook their own food in their own apartments. For the resident's it is just like living in their own homes and they have all the freedom that they need. They are free to come and go as they please. They also have happy hour for their residents and they serve alcohol and non alcoholic beverages to the resident's every Friday at 7:00pm is happy hour at Trowbridge Assisted Living and friends and family members are invited to come and enjoy themselves.

Out of five stars, I would rank the grounds a five, the common areas a five, the residents' rooms a five, the staff a five, and the quality of care a five.

Overall, I'd give Trowbridge Assisted Living a rating of five stars because of their professional and excellent resident care and treatment. They also treat their residents like family and their residents love it there. I know that anyone and everyone and any specific group that are looking for an excellent assisted living facility would love it there because they are one of the best number one top priority assisted living facilities in Michigan, for their excellence in patient care.

From The Park at Trowbridge

The Park at Trowbridge provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of The Park at Trowbridge