Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

From Victory Forest

Victory Forest is a senior apartment community (head of household must be age 62 or older), conveniently located in Silver Spring, Maryland, on a rolling, wooded site in the Capital View neighborhood.

Here, residents enjoy easy access to shopping, restaurants and public transportation which is available at the front entry to the community and on Capitol View.

Victory Forest is affiliated with Victory Housing, a local non-profit organization whose mission is to meet the affordable housing needs of seniors and families in Maryland and the District of Columbia. Victory Forest offers affordable rentals. Financial assistance may be available for financially qualified applicants. Prior Montgomery County residency is not required.

*We are an Equal Housing Opportunity community.

**Income guidelines may apply: Under the tax credit program, a two-person household may not have an annual income greater than $49,320 for eligibility.

Reviews of Victory Forest

Posted by Walter23 May 13, 2015

Victory Forest is very inexpensive compared to most of the others. A one-bedroom apartment is in the $700's. It was very nice. It is in a residential section -- which is kind of nice -- so there is no stores right there that you could walk to easily, but I still have my car, and my daughter lives ten minutes away, so it is a good location for me. I was very impressed that everybody I met -- the woman who was in-charge, the woman who was answering the phone and was the receptionist, the custodian who came by -- was so friendly and so nice. I was really impressed with that. I only saw a few of the inhabitants, but they all seemed friendly and happy, and the place looked clean and well taken care of, so I was very impressed. Whether they have a nurse who is there all the time I don't know, but everybody has one of those alarm things that they wear around their neck, so if you fall down or get ill or something like that, you could just press that button, and they'll come and get you and take care of you.

Posted by Gretchen4 October 27, 2013

Victory Forest is an excellent facility and I like it a lot. The location is good. It has a convenience store and recreation room where you can go and workout a little bit. It also has a community room, beauty salon, wellness center, library, a courtyard, a fireplace, and aquarium. They also have a computer/medial room and arts and crafts room. They have a lot of amenities. They have wonderful, wonderful customer service. The staff is very friendly and very attentive. The only drawback that I can say is that the rooms are a little small.

Posted by Dora1 June 30, 2013
4.0

I have also visited Victory Forest. It was very nice. The people that worked there were all very polite. The residents seemed to be happy as well. Also they have activity rooms in there. However, their apartments I think were the smallest of all the ones that we visited and they also have a long waiting period.

Posted by pianista January 20, 2012

I visited the facility when it just opened. I was doing research for my dad who is able bodied, but a little extra help in a specially dedicated community close to me would be a huge bonus. It is in a lovely little community tucked in to the woods, away from major streets and noise, yet close to amenities. The building is very clean and the on site services were very impressive. It does not feel like an "old folks" home. With a library, fitness center, computer center, laundry, salon/barber on site, you don't even have to leave! And I noticed that most units had a small balcony which is neat. The apartments themselves are sort of small, but I guess that is okay when you have ample outdoor space to explore. The staff were amazingly nice to me to take me on a mini tour of the entire facility. It reminds me of a nice hotel or resort the way it is inside. The winding staircase is so welcoming, I felt like my dad could call this place home if he needed to. I bothered to pay a visit because the rents were very affordable too based on income limits compared to other regional facilities.

Location of Victory Forest