Waterview Court

2222 E Bert Kouns Industrial Loop, Shreveport, LA, 71115

Reviews of Waterview Court

daughter MS July 18, 2015

I am a daughter of a tenant. Since the Waterford was bought out by another company Blue Harbor many things have been repaired and replaced. The outside and inside looks new and clean however, the entire roof needs to be replaced. Multiple tenants have had very bad leaks for a very long time my mother included. Why paint and put down new carpet and wood floor if the roof is in such need of repair. Her ceiling leaked so bad it began to bulge badly and finally burst open. They did a patch job inside and out but it is now leaking and bulging again. It is old and needs to be fixed before any other work is done. They also raised the rent on tenants who are still dealing with this bad roof and leaks in their homes. This I don't understand. No new policies have been written out. All mom has is the old Waterford policies. She loves being there but Blue Harbor needs to do what needs to be done. When they purchased Waterford they knew the roof was bad as well as many other things but I'm sure the roof is the biggest cost. No matter, if you have senior adults living there then they need to do the right thing and fix the leaks not patch until the next bad rain. We want our mom to stay there and we want Blue Harbor to do what is right. Fix the roof. I don't want to walk in her room and see her ceiling bulging and know that when it rains her carpet or more is getting wet. The food is good and it's been a good place for mom but again the roof needs to be replace not patched. I wish other tenants had children who would speak up. Until they do the right thing and fix the roof I cannot give five stars. I'm not sure what to rate it. What do you rate a company that allows senior adults to live with leaks in their homes and still raises their rent?

Mary108553050 June 30, 2015

Waterview Court was great. I saw all they had to offer and all the room sizes.

Christine42 February 11, 2015

My mother had the final say, and she chose The Waterford at Shreveport. Her room's just the right size, and it felt comfortable to her. It is very clean, and the food is very good. I like the fact that she has so many options of activities. The calendar is always full, and then if she just wants to sit outside, there are rocking chairs out there. They have two sides -- the front side and the back side -- and you can just watch the wildlife on the back side of the building. It is really pretty. She is on the second floor with a little balcony, and it's nice because it's not another building she is looking at; it is actual landscape. There are beautiful trees, and it's very relaxing. The people have been there for a long time, and they really like living there. It is lively and has stimulation, and the people that work there have been there since the beginning. It felt like home, but yet at the same time, you don't feel like you were in a locked-in facility. It's nice that she has people that she can speak with, and they have a therapy dog that comes in. They do have religious gatherings on Sundays. Tomorrow night they will have candlelit dinners, and they take them to Wal-Mart or go get their prescriptions or wherever they want to go.

Joseph14 May 31, 2013

The Waterford was really good. They got great food and we had prime rib that night. We're living in an apartment right now, but if ever we have to go back to an independent living facility we'll go to Waterford. We visited other places and we liked it the best.

lovelykat25 June 16, 2012

The facility itself seems well keep. The room was nice as well as the sitting rooms, recreational, and garden areas. It is nice and excepted to have before grounds. It makes it feel more a home. The food was not so great. There were a lot of pureed meals and some things I did not recognize. I understand the majority of the residents may be senior citizens and not able to chew up food well but this was not appetizing at all. There are thermostats in the personal rooms so that one can adjust the temperature individually. It is often that places like this keep it too cold, especially for older citizens who are smaller and get cold easily. Overall I would give the facility a B-

From Waterview Court

Listening. Serving. Caring.

These things matter to you, and to us. Find a new view on life at Waterview Court. Home to exceptional Independent Living services in Shreveport, Louisiana, our community welcomes residents to experience spacious apartments equipped with the most sought-after amenities and safety features. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living. You can be assured that Waterview Court provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment. Whether taking part in special activities such as live entertainment, craft sessions and bridge clubs or enjoying three delicious meals daily in our gorgeous dining room, residents will be embraced by a warm community filled with potential friends and experienced staff. Our Shreveport Independent Living community is just moments away from nearby hospitals, dining destinations, entertainment hotspots and shopping venues.

Features of Waterview Court

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Minimum age: 62

• Technology extra: Satellite TV program, Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits