Waterview Court

2222 E Bert Kouns Industrial Loop, Shreveport, LA, 71115

Reviews of Waterview Court

April 21, 2017

By marchmen454

We were asked to rate the community after our visit on this site. Our family enjoyed the visit and meal. We will be looking to move our parents this year and know when we are ready to sell the home that they will love Waterview.

April 18, 2017

By Toller5264

I have had several close church members that have lost their spouses and moved to this lovely community, The atmosphere is very cozy and southern, The staff are professional and the meals are great! Our church comes to events with the widow club and have always enjoyed our visits and recommend as best place in town!

April 11, 2017

By Brown9898

Once you look at this community and meet with the educated and professional staff, you wont look any further. The compassion and genuine interest is what sold us on this community. We had lots of questions after and were able to call after hours and never felt like we were a burden like other places. The meal we had was very good on our tour and all the residents looked very happy!

Thank you so much for your review. It is so great to hear how our staff was able to make a difference. We feel that our team is our most valuable asset at Waterview Court and it is truly rewarding to hear how we have been able to make a difference in other people's lives. Thanks again for your wonderful review. Sincerely, Team Waterview Court.

March 26, 2017

By meltonshirley

Was contacted quickly after we inquired on weekend and had great tour! Best choice and location in area.

March 24, 2017

By Moore5875

Great location to my parents physicians and very affordable as meals,housekeeping, transportation, utilities are all included.. We had lunch with the marketer and the food is great!

March 23, 2017

By Layfield4525

Great rates and very affordable, Larger apartments than most and great dining room- and we loved the library upstairs.

Dear Layfield4525, Thank you so much for this glowing review about Waterview Court! We're thrilled you had such a great experience with us, and we will be sure to share this with our team! Sincerely, Team Waterview Court.

March 14, 2017

By clawson109

I set a tour with this community and was so impressed with the dining and happy residents we saw! The marketer took her time to explain the services and was very professional. Thank you for a great experience!

February 15, 2017

By Parker4154

We toured this community as my parents were looking at all options. Dad had a set back and needed round the clock care. However, the rooms were spacious, community was clean and they had a very nice menu selection and activities. The staff took their time to answer all of our questions and concerns and I really felt they wanted to get to know what my parents liked. Thank you for making a great impression!

February 14, 2017

By kaganblazee

Great living friendly staff

February 08, 2017

By SHV

I was happy to know they have med management by an RN and caregiver sitter that is optional. They also have a home health company and nurse in the building. Exceeded my expectations compared to Assisted Living pricing!

January 25, 2017

By Tay141

This community is modern, clean and lots of amenities, activities, transportation, meals and very affordable!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback for our team! We are so happy that you had such a great experience with Waterview Court! We strongly believe that the power of caring and thoughtfulness is what helps make Waterview Court special for so many people. Thank you again for sharing your experience and for the opportunity to provide excellent service in the future! Sincerely, Team Waterview Court.

January 07, 2017

By J, Gilbert

I have visited this facility with a group of prospective seniors and done some volunteer work there as well....It is very upbeat ,clean, decorated well and the food is delicious and served in good portions for seniors ..Various activities are always available including field trips away from the facility,,,The staff is friendly and always alot of positive energy.. .Pricillia Griffith is amazing ,always welcoming to new visitors.. Even the kitchen staff interacts well with all the residents.!!!

January 06, 2017

By Bluefamily

Very professional staff, clean and inviting

November 25, 2016

By Dewanna

The people at Waterview Court were very thorough and particular on who they have, making sure that they can facilitate the majority of what the clients need. What I really liked about it was that it had a room with a balcony on the ground floor. The environment was really nice. The dining area was more glamorous than just a cafeteria. They made sure the client matches the conduciveness of the place. They had home health right there in the place.

September 30, 2016

By Robert755738

Waterview Court can be seen from a busy road that we used to frequent, but when you get in there, the openness and the landscaping was really nice. They gave you a resort feel to it. I was impressed with the friendliness as well. I looked at several rooms, I felt it would be a very good fit, and it was very homey. However, some of the rooms were at the end of the hall, and the halls were very long. The layout of the buildings was like a hotel. The food is good and with good variety.

July 07, 2016

By Paul104180

We went to Waterview Court for a visit and the place was good. It’s very clean. The staff was very knowledgeable. They do have some activities for the residents like bingo, domino, and cards and other things. I would recommend them.

March 05, 2016

By Debra121440350

My dad moved to Waterview for a week before his condition worsened. The facility was nice, the employees were very nice and knowledgeable, and I really loved it. The food looks good.

November 11, 2015

By Christian 1235

I am told about leaking roof and ceilings. repairs not getting done. place is just dirty. staff does not show up for work, all over. dead plants in landscape. I saw unpainted walls, walls with holes, Water stains on ceilings and walls. Food is poorly prepared coffee worse. looke at two weeks of menus, and look poorly considered. In all looked like a run down building. Stairwells filthy .

July 18, 2015

By daughter MS

I am a daughter of a tenant. Since the Waterford was bought out by another company Blue Harbor many things have been repaired and replaced. The outside and inside looks new and clean however, the entire roof needs to be replaced. Multiple tenants have had very bad leaks for a very long time my mother included. Why paint and put down new carpet and wood floor if the roof is in such need of repair. Her ceiling leaked so bad it began to bulge badly and finally burst open. They did a patch job inside and out but it is now leaking and bulging again. It is old and needs to be fixed before any other work is done. They also raised the rent on tenants who are still dealing with this bad roof and leaks in their homes. This I don't understand. No new policies have been written out. All mom has is the old Waterford policies. She loves being there but Blue Harbor needs to do what needs to be done. When they purchased Waterford they knew the roof was bad as well as many other things but I'm sure the roof is the biggest cost. No matter, if you have senior adults living there then they need to do the right thing and fix the leaks not patch until the next bad rain. We want our mom to stay there and we want Blue Harbor to do what is right. Fix the roof. I don't want to walk in her room and see her ceiling bulging and know that when it rains her carpet or more is getting wet. The food is good and it's been a good place for mom but again the roof needs to be replace not patched. I wish other tenants had children who would speak up. Until they do the right thing and fix the roof I cannot give five stars. I'm not sure what to rate it. What do you rate a company that allows senior adults to live with leaks in their homes and still raises their rent?

June 30, 2015

By Mary108553050

Waterview Court was great. I saw all they had to offer and all the room sizes.

February 11, 2015

By Christine42

My mother had the final say, and she chose The Waterford at Shreveport. Her room's just the right size, and it felt comfortable to her. It is very clean, and the food is very good. I like the fact that she has so many options of activities. The calendar is always full, and then if she just wants to sit outside, there are rocking chairs out there. They have two sides -- the front side and the back side -- and you can just watch the wildlife on the back side of the building. It is really pretty. She is on the second floor with a little balcony, and it's nice because it's not another building she is looking at; it is actual landscape. There are beautiful trees, and it's very relaxing. The people have been there for a long time, and they really like living there. It is lively and has stimulation, and the people that work there have been there since the beginning. It felt like home, but yet at the same time, you don't feel like you were in a locked-in facility. It's nice that she has people that she can speak with, and they have a therapy dog that comes in. They do have religious gatherings on Sundays. Tomorrow night they will have candlelit dinners, and they take them to Wal-Mart or go get their prescriptions or wherever they want to go.

May 31, 2013

By Joseph14

The Waterford was really good. They got great food and we had prime rib that night. We're living in an apartment right now, but if ever we have to go back to an independent living facility we'll go to Waterford. We visited other places and we liked it the best.

June 16, 2012

By lovelykat25

The facility itself seems well keep. The room was nice as well as the sitting rooms, recreational, and garden areas. It is nice and excepted to have before grounds. It makes it feel more a home. The food was not so great. There were a lot of pureed meals and some things I did not recognize. I understand the majority of the residents may be senior citizens and not able to chew up food well but this was not appetizing at all. There are thermostats in the personal rooms so that one can adjust the temperature individually. It is often that places like this keep it too cold, especially for older citizens who are smaller and get cold easily. Overall I would give the facility a B-

Photos of Waterview Court

• Technology Extra: Satellite Tv Program, Emergency Call System

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

About Waterview Court

Listening. Serving. Caring.

These things matter to you, and to us. Find a new view on life at Waterview Court. Home to exceptional Independent Living services in Shreveport, Louisiana, our community welcomes residents to experience spacious apartments equipped with the most sought-after amenities and safety features. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living. You can be assured that Waterview Court provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment. Whether taking part in special activities such as live entertainment, craft sessions and bridge clubs or enjoying three delicious meals daily in our gorgeous dining room, residents will be embraced by a warm community filled with potential friends and experienced staff. Our Shreveport Independent Living community is just moments away from nearby hospitals, dining destinations, entertainment hotspots and shopping venues.

Map of Waterview Court