Summerfield Estates | Shreveport, LA

9133 Baird Rd, Shreveport, LA, 71118

Reviews of Summerfield Estates | Shreveport, LA

Lorraine M. March 31, 2016

Our church group would go to Summerfield Estates and sing occasionally. My son-in-law has played there for entertainment. The people are very friendly. I have thoroughly enjoyed my visits when I go there. I think a couple of times we ate lunch, and it was fine. But I did not go into rooms. The place is very attractive. I have been very pleased with what I have seen.

Thomas120553250 February 26, 2016

Summerfield is a beautiful facility. The staff was wonderful and caring. They showed us a very nice, small, one-bedroom apartment with a kitchenette, living room and bathroom. There was a balcony in the ground floor unit, and the one upstairs had one, too. It’s really nice, and I like it.

Sandy116278450 November 25, 2015

My parents are at Summerfield Estates. They like it. The facility is very clean and nice, and the apartments are clean, spacious, and bright.

Jim113444550 September 29, 2015

Summerfield Estates was nice. They rework the apartments as soon as somebody moves out. It had a beautiful entrance. It was well kept. They were very well versed with what they do, and they did a good job with the tour.

Anonymous107012050 May 17, 2015

My sister has been in Summerfield Estates for about two weeks now. At first when I was still trying to find a place for her, the price was within our limit, but the saleswoman just really did a strong sales pitch in the back that some things that she told me was not what was in the contract. When she sent the paperwork, I realized that the paperwork was all wrong, and I called her back. She had to resend it, and I did not have time to read everything. I was kind of disappointed with the salesmanship. I was expecting them to work with me because I was in the middle of trying to figure out where I needed to put her. When I checked her in there, I told them I am afraid that this is not going to work and I am afraid that she is worse then what I thought. She is having extra problems that they did not tell me about.

She has a one room apartment. Everything is in one room. It is the smallest and cheapest one they have. It is on the first floor which is what we had hoped for. She would like to have something bigger, but at the time, we could not afford to get more. They did tell her that if she wants a bigger room, she could do that later. I have not eaten there, but my husband said the food is good. All the residents that I have talked to also said it is really good. However, my sister has diabetes, and she said the meals are not geared towards that. I do not really know all the activities that they have, but they play cards and they take them out shopping and to restaurants. They also have a lot of people come in to entertain them. The management seems to be very nice.

Regina9 February 04, 2015

The staff was excellent at Summerfield Estates. I had nothing bad to say about them. I was very impressed. The dining room was excellent. We had lunch there, and everything was just perfect.

Ona June 19, 2014

Everyone at Summerfield Estates were very nice. They invited me to eat with them, and the food was good. I was able to meet some of the patients, and we played a little game. It was all interesting, and I enjoyed it. I looked at a couple of apartments, and they seemed to be really nice.

Mary80273450 April 22, 2014

We visited Summerfield, and we were treated respectfully. It had a two-bedroom and two-bath apartment, but there was no room for anything else. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. The dining room was beautiful, well appointed, and clean, but we didn’t have time for a meal. They had sign-ups for trips outside the facilities for casinos and shopping. They had an on-site beauty shop. They were plenty of activities available.

Joseph14 May 31, 2013

It was really good when we first got to Summerfield Estates. They were really nice. The assistant managers were okay. But I think the company is going down and it started cutting corners and staff. Several people moved out before we moved out. And they were going to increase the rent this year.

From Summerfield Estates

Summerfield Estates is located in Shreveport, LA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Summerfield Estates for a visit...and stay!

Features of Summerfield Estates

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room