Arbor Landing at Ocean Isle

5490 Arbor Branch Drive, Shallotte, NC, 28470

Reviews of Arbor Landing at Ocean Isle

Caring4ourloved1 July 29, 2015

This is a lovely community that offers independent living with in home aid. This way you only pay for the services that you need as you continue to need more. At first it seemed like a cheaper solution by adding on the aid that you need; However everything is al a cart, so the bill will add up quickly. My mother lived there for two months before we realized that she needed more care then they could offer. The staff was very helpful in working with us until we found another place for mom in assisted living. I had a few concerns with the in home aid, first I noticed that they were not doing everything that we were paying for. I would come for visits often, without them realizing, and when it was time for an event reminder, or her am care it was never done. These were things we opted to pay for and when not being done on the few times I notices was alarming. I also noticed them giving her meds that were old doctor orders, mixing up her meds was a huge concern. I then did what I thought was best for her and took the old RX out of her daily medication box. Only to get a call 5 days later that they could report me to APS!!! I was alarmed and accused when all I was trying to do was fix a problem that they failed to do correctly and that she was paying for!! If I had to rate each separately I would; give Arbor landing a 4.5 would be a 5 but I thought their activities were minimal, only 2 or 3 a day and they didn't reach out to every resident, so their was usually only 1-2 activities that she could or was interested in. Which kept her in her room alone almost all day every day. It is truly independent living but think that over 50% of the residents need more to do. If I rated Summit home care separately I'd give them a 2, messing up meds and paying for services that were not done is a big deal to me. Also by the time you add on all these additional services it ends up costing more then assisted living. However, if your truly independent and don't need additional help, unless minimal I'd recommend this community highly, the final cost just doesn't add up for whats being provided. In addition, even though the activities were minimal, the events they hosted exceeded my expectations by far.

Arbor April 26, 2015

When my youngest sister moved south we knew I it was time to move Mom too. The day after Mom turned 96, she moved into Arbor Landing. She has been there eight months and I cannot say enough about this wonderful facility. Mom is happy and we are so impressed with the kind & compassionate care.

Sheryl7 May 11, 2014

Arbor Landing at Ocean Isle is in a beautiful location. It has services if need be as far as assistance with bathing and medications if necessary. All meals are also included. They have a full-time nurse that is there and nurse assistants. They have a movie theater, workout room, craft room, and they also take the residents to places. They also take the residents to doctors that are within a 30-mile radius if they need help with that. My mom has been there now for four months, and she loves it there.

Randi1 April 30, 2014

Arbor Landing was very nice. I didn't see any problems with it. It's an absolutely beautiful facility, and the people who work there were willing to work with my mom's needs. She's an insulin-dependent diabetic, and she needed, 10 minutes, four times a day, for someone to come in to help with her injections. They were going to help me with that and worked out an affordable package for her. They were just terrific. The facility looked very independent, very homey, non-institutional-like. There's a lot of nature around there, and everything is bright and clean.

Charlene13 November 27, 2013

Arbor Landing is just a couple of miles to my home. It was an absolutely beautiful facility. It was brand new and it had only been opened for a year or two. The dining room was pretty. They did have a nice screened-in porch. Regarding their accommodations, their rooms and everything looked great. For their residents, they did have activities but I don't remember specifically what they were. They did have a gym room and a couple of other things there. They would provide three nice meals a day. They showed me a copy of the menu and it looked very nice. Overall, it was a lovely facility, I just can't get my parents to go there.

Debbie30 July 10, 2013

Arbor Landing is lovely but costs more. They have a homecare agency office in their building with a full time RN who directs care and several home aides that can be hired privately for the facility. It was relatively new, clean, and spacious but with grounds that were still under developed. It's quite a distance from anything else.

From Arbor Landing at Ocean Isle

A unique alternative for seniors, Arbor Landing combines just the right balance of independence and support, security and freedom, privacy and socialization.

You can find comfort knowing that staff is available 24 hours a day 365 days a year. You will also have peace of mind downing that we provide a personalized emergency response system. Our system allows you to receive assistance with the touch of a button.

As a resident of Arbor Landing you will enjoy an array of amenities to enrich your life including 3 delicious meals served in our beautiful dining room with a variety of options to satisfy any pallet, daily activities including wellness programs, bingo, cards, and social outings to area restaurants and events.

Amenities
  • 24 hour staff on site Emergency response system
  • Conveniently located laundry facilities
  • Four Senior Friendly Apartment Styles
  • Life enrichment program including outings and daily activities
  • On-site beauty salon
  • Restaurant-style dining serving breakfast & lunch & dinner
  • Scheduled local transportation to professional appointments
  • Weekly housekeeping

A unique retirement living alternative that combines just the right balance of independence and support, security and freedom, privacy and socialization. Arbor Landing at Ocean Isle is an independent living community that also offers assisted services.

Features of Arbor Landing at Ocean Isle

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental, We require a community fee deposit, which is equal to one month's rent.

• Minimum age: 55