Northgate Plaza Independent Living

11030 5th Ave NE, Seattle, WA, 98125

Reviews of Northgate Plaza | Independent Living

May 27, 2015

By prizepig

We are thrilled with the decision to have mom move to Merrill Gardens at Northgate. Since she has moved, she has been rejuvenated. The activities, restaurant options and staff have been positive all around. It's clean and well maintained. She has found friends and is no longer spending all day alone. We feel that she is safer now that there are staff available to her 24 hours a day in the event of a severe need. However, the staff are available for more than a severe need. Cable is included in the monthly fee, and the maintenance staff have been great in helping when there is an issue with her television. We highly recommend this facility.

Thank you so much for this glowing 5-star review! We are so pleased to hear that you are happy with the decision to move your mom to Merrill Gardens. We welcome additional feedback anytime.

May 13, 2015

I was not impressed with Northgate Plaza because the building was too old, and that's mainly it. I didn't have much interaction with the staff. The representative that showed me around had a prior visitor, so that kind of ran over a little bit. Another gal took me through, and it was kind of impersonal, but they were having a little party that was going on too, so it probably was a really busy time. It was clean, and the two apartments that I saw were a decent size. They didn't have full refrigerators -- which I didn't like; they only had half refrigerators. They invited me to have a meal, but I had already eaten. I did have a pina colada because they were serving them. The residents seemed to be happy.

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. Your feedback is very valuable and we will be sharing the information with our team. We wish your experience had been more positive and we would be happy to talk to you further if you would like to reach out to us directly.

May 13, 2015

By Ralph14

I chose Northgate Plaza Merill Gardens, and I am very pleased with it. My overall experience is very good. Most of the people I spoke with choose it over the others that they saw because they like the atmosphere here. It is so comfortable that people feel kind of at home here. I participate in the exercise classes and the music classes. The staff is very friendly and is always willing to help with whatever you need. They are very good. There are 2 hospitals; one is within half a mile, and one is within a little over a mile. There is a major shopping mall and a park across the street.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this positive feedback. We are so glad to hear that Northgate Plaza feels like home. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly if you need anything in the future.

October 11, 2014

By Richard99179150

Merill Gardens is as comfortable as home. The help is as needed and is available at the push of the button 24/7. I would say that the food is just what I need and is always served on time.

September 30, 2014

By Dusty3

A great place to live! I have been here for almost two years. The dining room is social! It's open 12 hours, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. You can sit anywhere anytime and enjoy lots of selections. There are great activities every day and wonderful spaces to enjoy them. Great staff.

September 30, 2014

By Tex2

The service here is top quality. There are friendly, polite people. Good location. Very good food and the menu always has good choices for meals. I would rate Merrill Gardens, Northgate Plaza as being in the top circle.

September 15, 2014

By Steven9

Excellent, clean, attentive, and well-maintained.

September 12, 2014

By Kim95107450

My father has decided to stay at Northgate Plaza. Originally we chose it because of the location. The rooms are spacious and well-maintained. The food is really good. They have a really nice chef and he does a good job, and the dining room is very pleasant. I think I like best the staff; they are very helpful and friendly. It seems like they just go out of their way to make sure that his needs are met. They very quickly remember who the family members are, and they are just constantly asking if there is anything else that we need. They have all kinds of activities, games, and social hours. They have movies and events, people coming in, and exercises appropriate for older people, like yoga and exercises you can do in your chair, that kind of thing. It is clean, pleasant, very open and airy; it has a really fresh, clean look to it and is very inviting. There is a lot of turnover with the wait staff and some of the housekeeping staff, and I guess that would be the one downfall because some of the wait staff will come in and they are really good, but then a new person will come in and they kind of have to learn all over again.

September 05, 2014

By Barbara98463450

I have been here only a week, but already feel at home, because this community is so welcoming and helpful. I'm delighted with the activities and friendship offered.

By Maureen13

The staff here are very caring and do their best to make us comfortable. Besides taking my luggage off the shelf for me, the maintenance man helped set up my new computer and moved the wall unit to plug in my new TV.

By Jbatzel

We had only 3 weeks to move into our new apartment. Everyone has been really supportive We have met so many wonderful and friendly people here. The transition has been much easier than we ever imagined.

By Eloise3

The people are friendly and it is like having an extended family. We have a program called the Ambassadors who mentor new residents. Each new resident has an ambassador to help them learn how everything works and where everything is.

By Shirley98219450

Very pleasant common areas. Nice artwork "décor". My deluxe bedroom very large and comfortable. All my guests have been very impressed with both "care" and personnel they have met.

By Elma2

From the employees to your fellow residents, you will find a friendly, caring community.

By Daisey1

Exceptional quality food/menu dining for assisted living. Peaceful living environment, with daily activities of your choosing. Excellent staff service, as related to each individual apartment (maintenance). Caregivers, nursing etc. as required for each individual tenant - very professional outstanding resident committee representation.

Photos of Northgate Plaza

Features of Northgate Plaza

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Home Sale Assistance

About Northgate Plaza

Conveniently located in the heart of the bustling Northgate retail area with easy access to the I-5 Freeway and local transit, Northgate Plaza offers high-quality care and an enriched lifestyle within a friendly North Seattle neighborhood.

This includes full service independent living, and MBK’s person-centered assisted living program as well as short term and respite stays. Our community is within walking distance to Northgate Mall shops and restaurants and close to parks, houses of worship and a library. The Northgate neighborhood also has high-quality medical practices: Pacific Medical Center, Kindred Hospital, Group Health Clinic and UW Medicine. Northgate Plaza is truly a warm, friendly place full of interesting and active people. You will find us engaged in a variety of activities throughout the day when we aren’t enjoying the excellent cuisine of our chef or the peaceful landscaped gardens around the community. Our team of inspired associates is dedicated to enriching your life and providing a friendly, supportive environment for you and your loved one(s). Your four-legged furry friends are also welcome here.

Northgate Plaza is in the heart of a bustling retail neighborhood that is close to parks, churches and a library. Experience international dining options and a variety of shopping. The Northgate neighborhood also has high-quality medical practices: Pacific Medical Center, Kindred Hospital, Northwest Hospital, Group Health clinic and UW Medicine.

Map of Northgate Plaza