Gencare Lifestyle at The Ballard Landmark | Independent Living

5433 Leary Avenue NW, Seattle, WA, 98107

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Gencare Lifestyle at The Ballard Landmark | Independent Living

Linda79256150 July 21, 2015

I’d give The Ballard Landmark a top choice. It’s beautiful and well-located, and it is a very-close-to-new facility, so it has a lot of the attributes that having a brand new place has. It’s very light, and being in a place that has a lot of natural light appeals to me.

Karen108493650 June 22, 2015

We chose Ballard Landmark because my aunt knew about it. It was new. It had high ceilings, and the location appealed to her. It is very modern. I would like to live there. It was so comfortable and updated, it smells great, and there were a lot of happy people sitting around the lounging front desk. Everybody that we met was very helpful. My aunt hadn't moved in yet, but there was no pressure. She was able to put her name on the list and place money down into it, and when a two-bedroom on the perfect side of the building came up, she would then begin to pay money and moved in gently. It was totally refundable if she decided not to or something horrible happened between now and when they had a place. It was so perfect.

The apartment was beautiful. You would walk in to a nice kitchen -- which was very complete with small table -- and a living room with beautiful windows and sliding glass doors. To the right and to the left were two bedrooms with two bathrooms with very handicapped access, but it didn't look institutional at all. It was so pleasant, and it looked like a home. She could take her cat there, which was also really important. When we visited one day, there was a wonderful band playing wonderful music and singing in their big lounge. They had a couple of grand pianos and a great swimming pool that had equipment that would allow a person who needed little exercise. There was a nice gym, a beautiful cafeteria that served breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and a big lounge area. If you walked into the main door to the right, there were lots of tables, couches, and lots of light. It was wonderful. We interviewed a number of people who lived there for quite some time, and everybody said the food was great. They were very happy.

Another wonderful thing was, they would take people here, there, and everywhere. They had activities on the property. My aunt loves to play bridge, and they had a regular bridge game going on. There were a lot of activities; plus they would drive her to beauty shop or a doctor's appointment or just to go shopping. I would recommend them to others.

Caring87484150 June 30, 2014

We had a tour at Ballard Landmark. It's a high rise. The rooms were neat, clean, and very nicely appointed. The staff was very friendly. We even ate there; we had salmon. It was very good. They have exercise classes, book clubs, game nights. They have all those standard things that most assisted livings have. They take their people out to museums and plays and things like that. I really liked the rooms. I did not like the price.

Caring7643 June 21, 2013

The Ballard Landmark has nice rooms. They try to have organic or at least whole foods. They also have exercises.

From Gencare Lifestyle at The Ballard Landmark

Welcome to Gencare Lifestyle at The Ballard Landmark, Retirement Living in Seattle

Senior and Assisted Living in Seattle
GenCare Lifestyle at The Ballard Landmark is Seattle’s premier Independent and Assisted Senior Living Community. The Ballard Landmark is situated in Seattle’s Ballard neighborhood, just minutes from highway 99 and I-5. The centrally located Ballard Landmark, is 2 blocks from the Ballard Swedish Hospital, and walking distance to various grocery stores, dr. offices, the library, and a plethora of restaurants located within Ballard.

Life at Ballard Landmark

With its ideal location in the heart of Ballard, GenCare Lifestyle at The Ballard Landmark gives its residents the opportunity to lead an active, healthy life full of new adventures and opportunities. Sitting in the heart of the vibrant Ballard neighborhood allows for our residents to participate in events such as Ballard Seafood Fest, Syttende Mai, and the Ballard Art Walk. Every Sunday, you can step outside the back door and into the Ballard Farmer’s Market. The Ballard Landmark is your destination for a secure, pet-friendly, retirement living community in the city.

Features of Gencare Lifestyle at The Ballard Landmark

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental