Tuscany at McCormick Ranch

Overview of Ratings

4.8

June 07, 2015

By Mum's Best Friend

My mum and I first visited Tuscany at McCormick Ranch 8 years ago when we were in the early stages of looking for a suitable residence for her ... it always stayed uppermost in our minds as the perfect place for her to call home. When she finally decided she was ready to make the move to independent retirement living last year (with all of the great perks), the first place we went to was Tuscany! She went on the waiting list in order to get just the right apartment and it was worth the year's wait. She is thrilled -- as am I. Not only does she love her apartment, but she and I got to know the community in the time we had been waiting, as we made many trips there to attend events and just visit to see what was going on during that time. The staff are always incredibly friendly, genuinely interested and amazingly helpful! Cathy has been an absolute angel ... we love her and cannot say enough wonderful things about her!! She is the best representative for any retirement community we have ever visited (and we visited many over the years). After seeing over a dozen places for Mum, Tuscany is by far the tops. Now that she has been living there for a month, she has been treated so well, I feel very relieved that she is in great hands and has many of her needs attended to so I can rest easy knowing she is safe and happy. She has made nice friends and there are always fun and interesting activities. We cannot recommend Tuscany at McCormick Ranch high enough. You will not be disappointed. From the moment you walk in and are warmly welcomed, to the fine dining experience, the rich decorations, beautiful grounds, cozy small family feel, and all else, there is everything to love!

May 13, 2015

I like Tuscany at McCormick Ranch's location. I like that it had a lounge and all the usual amenities. It was well taken care of.

January 21, 2015

By Catherine Cable

Other

For many years I have had the pleasure of working with the staff and several residents of Tuscany at McCormick Ranch. I visit Tuscany monthly and receive friendly greetings from residents and staff members. Tuscany at McCormich Ranch is a beautiful communty and I recommend it to anyone looking for excellence in Senior independent living. Catherine Cable, Medi-Aides Health Insurance Filing and Sales

By twilkinson

I work for a home and facility modification company and I was out to Tuscany for a networking event. Staff were beyond helpful and very welcoming. I could not believe how beautiful Tuscany is, wonderful place. We had lunch catered to us for the event and it was delicious! Fresh, organic, and full of flavor. After the meeting I took a tour of one of the Villas. Being in the industry I am in I always keep my eye open on accessibility. For an independent living facility they did a good job at making the apartments and villas accessible for the senior population. The areas were nice and spacious so someone in a walker or rollator could get around. The bathrooms were accessible too. And if residents needed any modifications and adaptive equipment to help them live more independently the staff seemed very accommodating to that. I would definitely recommend this place. Hospitality was wonderful. I hope to return to be more of a resource for the staff and residents.

By Betty G.

Tuscany is Grand. Our Maintenance Department works hard to keep it so. They also have to keep us comfortable and happy. Our Social Director is wonderful. We go to special lunches and teas, games and plays that are in town that may interest us. We have Bridge, Bingo and poker to keep us busy. Our yoga instructor has been here 3 years and keeps us moving. I know all this because I am lucky to have been here for 7 1/2 years and I love it all!!

By JustLooking1

This property is located in the Heart of Scottsdale. Thier amenities are unsurpassed and I have visited others in the area. I had a chance to meet with the most of the staff and especially found that the Property Maintenance Manager to joyful and really concern about the tenants wellbeing. When the time comes, I will not hesitate when choosing my parents new home. Thank you!

January 13, 2015

By Sara Barber

This community is beautiful! The staff is friendly, caring, and engaging with their residents. I would recommend Tuscany to anyone.

October 05, 2011

By amieescotts0101

Other

I usually try to visit Tuscany at least once per month to check and see if the residents have everything they need/want as far as the amenities, services, activities, etc. that the facility currently offers them. I usually get a whole bunch of feedback, more negative than positive, from most residents in most facilities, just because there is usually something else they want to see as far as amenities and such. However, at Tuscany, the residents as a whole seem to be completely satisfied with all that the facility offers. I can say just from spending time in the facility, that the residents here are collectively some of the most active and adventurous residents I have seen in a facility. Tuscany caters to Independent Living residents, so they residents are generally in good health, energetic, and love maintaining busy and very active lifestyles. I have personally participated in a couple of activities there, and let me tell you, I actually had to put forth some effort to meet the pace of the residents, they are so energetic! It also seems like most of the scheduled activities warrant movement and energy, which I think is great. It keeps the residents on their toes and full of life. Don't get me wrong, there are many activities that aren't physically demanding, such as arts & crafts, movies, special interest resident clubs, and so on. It helps create a balance and ensures the residents that it is okay to kick back and take it easy for a day! The facility is beautiful, it has a rich-looking, European design to it and it is always tidy and organized. I always enjoy walking around looking at all the knick-knacks and artwork throughout the facility, they have some really interesting-looking items throughout the facility. The residents seem very proud of their facility, they love when some new visitor comes around so they can show the place off. The grounds are perfectly landscaped, it is really beautiful outside and there are many shaded areas for the residents to take a break from the hot Arizona sun. The best thing, I think about the facility and it's grounds is that it is located on a famous Scottsdale greenbelt called Camelback Walk. The residents really like exploring the paths and they often go on group walks. Camelback Walk is surrounded by lakes, parks, golf courses, etc. It is a really peaceful path to walk and it is very simple for the residents to navigate so they can easily find their way home. I think that Tuscany at McCormick Ranch is the type of facility where anything that happens behind closed doors stays there. Every facility has issues, I have never seen a facility that hasn't had it's share of conflicts and complaints. I have visited this facility for over 2 years now and I have tried to get the residents to open up to me, I have watched the staff work, I have looked for issues that concerned me, and I have come up completely empty-handed. Now, most people would think that this is a great thing, searching so hard and not being able to find one issue - but to me, it makes me nervous. No facility is that perfect. So either they really are that great or they are just really good at hiding their flaws. Either way, I have not seen anything that has yet caused me any great concern, so I am fairly confident that Tuscany at McCormick Ranch may be the place to call home. I encourage you and your loved ones to take time to visit this community, make a day of it as there is so much to see and experience.

Let Us Search For You

• Housing Extra: Villas

• Golf
    • Pool

• Home Sale Assistance
    • Financial Guidance Extra: New Choice Waiver Not Accepted Medicaid Not Accepted

• Minimum Age: Minimum Age: 62

About Tuscany at McCormick Ranch

Located in North Scottsdale within the prestigious McCormick Ranch community, Tuscany at McCormick Ranch is a full service senior living community that provides today’s seniors an active, engaged lifestyle within in an intimate well-appointed community setting. Tuscany is centrally located near shopping, arts and entertainment, and hospitals. Our campus includes private villas and spacious apartment homes with full kitchens and garages. Life at Tuscany is as active and carefree as you desire. Enjoy chef prepared cuisine in our restaurant, a variety for fitness and wellness classes, social events and interesting day trips plus housekeeping, maintenance and scheduled transportation. Come enjoy the fun while we take care of everything else!

Map of Tuscany at McCormick Ranch