McDowell Village

8300 East McDowell Road, Scottsdale, AZ, 85257

Reviews of McDowell Village

Caring107699250 May 22, 2015

My husband has a couple of clients down here at McDowell Village, so he visited some people in the village, and they love it. The staff worked very hard. The problem with them is that they don't have a high level of care for someone who is very ill. They were very upfront about it, but it is fine for independent and some assisted living. As for activities, I don't know specifically, but they have the usual clubs and outings. The rooms were very nice, very big, and well laid out. A lot of them have decks, they have very nice appliances, and if I remember, they have stove in the kitchen too. I didn’t taste their food, but the dining area was very well staffed and very nicely setup. The place was very active because there are a lot of independent living people there. There was lot of activity and a lot of bustle. The problem is that they don't provide a high level of care for serious illnesses. But for what they are doing, I think they are doing a good job.

Caring95016550 November 29, 2014

McDowell Village is very nice. The staff is very friendly, and the grounds are well maintained. They have people come in and entertain. We don't get there very often, but every time we're there things are going on. They have church services, they take them out on scheduled trips, they go to games during the baseball season, they have a movie theater, and they have a popcorn machine. The staff treated my in-laws very well, and they seem to be very nice. Everybody seems to know who they are, and they addressed them by name.

The food doesn't excite me, but they seem OK. The menu is the same every day with some specials thrown in. We had lunch and dinner there, and it's OK. The folks that are there seemed to be very happy. The ones who are a little more mobile than my in-laws seem to do an awful lot, and they seem very pleased with what's available there. The facility itself is clean and very well maintained. I was able to walk around every floor of the place, and I found a library and a bar where they can go during happy hour if they want. It's very nicely setup. I would say it's more for someone who doesn't necessarily need a lot of assistance.

Emmyrose August 19, 2011

This is a beautiful facility. It is 5 years old. It is 3 stories with 270 apartments. forty of these are assisted.

These are one and two bedroom apartments with full kitchens and washer dryers in apartments. the smallest is 648 square feet. All are handicapped equipped.. They have emergency pull chords. Also available are alert pendants.

The grounds are shaped like a U around the building.They have walkways, greenery, flowers.benches for sitting and covered patio. There is a pool and hot tub.

Housekeepin and laundry is available to be done. There is a restaurnt style ding roon that seats 106 residents. They are served meals. The food is good with a variety for specials and alternate menu. Snacks are always available.It is all home style cooking. There is a separate private family dining room.

The director is an RN and there are 2 licensed nurses in duty during week and on call 24/7. All staff are certified caregivers. The staff seems very nice and caring. For a larger facility it seems very homey. There is a doctor who comes in. Transport is available for appointments.

Activities seem plentiful with exercise programs, bingo. cards and other board games. There are bbqs and birthday parties and outside entertainment comes.

Residents are taken on walks and outings to shopping, movies, restaurants and other places.

This a very nice, clean, and friendly facility.

Diversity#1 August 03, 2011

My parents lived there for 6 months and I was very pleased with the facility. It is spotless, beautiful and offers a fill array of activities.

From McDowell Village

Are you looking for an active Independent and Assisted Living community that offers beautiful surroundings along with exceptional care and service? You’ve found it at McDowell Village At McDowell Village, we’re dedicated to offering a true sense of belonging to seniors and their families. It’s a feeling you’ll notice the moment you’re invited to “make yourself at home” and continues through every thoughtful, personal detail.

As part of the WESTliving family, we understand the importance of world-class service. In fact, we even have a name for it: WESTclass service. We hire carefully and train extensively. The result? Team Members who are empowered to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those we serve, and who are inspired to anticipate your needs.

From physical and intellectual well-being to emotional and spiritual health, we take the time to know you as a person. Maybe your passion is fitness. May we suggest afternoon water aerobics in our heated pool? Or perhaps you’d prefer to relax with a cup of tea in our Bistro or share the beauty of a desert sunset with a friend outdoors on one our beautiful patios.

Our spacious one and two bedroom apartments are well appointed with full kitchens (including full size appliances), washer & dryer, large walk in closets and comfortable patios or balconies.

At nearby Granite Reef Senior Center, you

Features of McDowell Village

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Movie Theatre, Happy Hour Bar

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: $2500 Community Fee - $400 Pet Fee