River's Edge

6206 Waters Ave, Savannah, GA, 31406

Reviews of River's Edge

February 29, 2016

By Margareta1

The staff at River's Edge were very nice. They invited us to lunch and we had a wonderful meal. They showed us the whole facility. I would definitely recommend this facility. The whole facility is excellent. The rooms are very nice, friendly, sunny, and clean. It was very clean. I fell in love with this place right away.

February 16, 2016

By Anne120268650

I moved my mother to a facility called River’s Edge. It is going very well. She has been there since January 11. It’s wonderful. We’re really happy with it. She is in an apartment, which is clean. It is also nice. It has a nice view. Moreover, it is three times bigger than the place where she was before. We’re really happy with it. They also have very good food.

January 28, 2016

By Brian34

We’ve moved into River's Edge. It is very nice. The people are nice. The rooms are nice, but they’re smaller and older. They keep them clean. The food is good, too. When the chef is not here, the food is not great. Some days are better than others.

January 26, 2016

By Jerrie2

My mother is staying at the River's Edge. She has a cottage that has two bedrooms, a living room, one car garage, laundry, full kitchen, washer, dryer, and two bathrooms. It's an awesome place. It's freestanding versus the apartment in the main building where she takes all her meals. One of the things that she really likes is the garage for her car. The people that we dealt with as far as setting up an appointment, and helping mom out have been phenomenal. The service is unbelievably great. We don't have any complaints. The location is wonderful. She is about 15-minutes from us. The food also is great. She gets three meals per day. They do housekeeping, and laundry. They can dispense meds for an additional price, but we don't need them at this point because she can do that herself.

January 20, 2016

By Caring visitor6

At River’s Edge, the dining room looked very nice. It offered three meals, but we’re not interested in three meals a day. We saw a two-bedroom and a one-bedroom, and they were OK. The facility itself looked old, and even though the carpeting was nice, the air conditioning and the walls had a weird air vent. It just wasn’t for us. The activities were not something that we wanted. The apartment did have a balcony around it, and there was a small exercise room. It just didn’t have what we were looking for.
Hello Caring visitor6, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I'd like to thank you for reaching out to share this feedback with us. Our staff is focused on making River's Edge the best possible place to live and retire for our seniors, and honest and thoughtful feedback such as yours helps us reach that goal. While we are sorry to hear we are not what you are looking for, we sincerely wish you the best in your continued search for senior housing, and hope you found a community that did better suit your needs and what you were looking for. Thanks again, Caring visitor6, we wish you well and hope you are having a wonderful day.

December 20, 2015

By Dona3

They are living in River's Edge, and they really like it. It's a beautiful place, and they are doing really well. They are living in a studio apartment, and it suits their needs. I have eaten with them, and the food is good.

November 22, 2015

By caring daughter45

We’ve been very pleased with River’s Edge. It’s really nice. My mother-in-law fusses about the food a little bit, but it smells good. The grounds are nicely kept up, and the rooms are very nice. In as far as being accommodating, they’ve been wonderful. The staff has been wonderful and very friendly. They usually take them on trips to grocery stores and to the arts academy each month.

October 31, 2015

We did go to River's Edge. It was a good experience, but it was more of an independent-living place. They had cottages, and we did not want my father to be in that situation. Even though the doctor told him he couldn't drive, we felt like he was going to go out by car after we left. The staff was very nice, and they were very persistent. He liked it; however, he couldn't live in a cottage. We would have to hire somebody from the outside to come in and administer his medication, and that was going to cost more. It's a very nice facility, and they had activities going on also. We toured the room, and everything was very nice.

October 15, 2015

River’s Edge is convenient to my daughter’s house, but I did not like the facility that much. It has a nursing room aroma to it. I didn’t like the way the dining room smelled. It seemed like they have a lot of activities. I liked the gentleman that showed us around; he was very nice and friendly.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Thank you for writing a sincere review - we take the cleanliness of our communities very seriously, so this feedback is valuable to us. Thanks again, Katie

September 07, 2015

River's Edge was a nice property, but I wasn't crazy about the location, and it was quite large. My mother is coming from an independent living that is smaller, so I just thought that she would acclimate better to a smaller facility as opposed to a larger one. The person who gave me the tour was excellent. He was so professional, answered all of my questions, and followed-up with me several times. I can't say enough about the person who was there. I just didn't think the fit was right for my mother because of the size.

August 14, 2015

The rent was too high at River's Edge. It was a clean community. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. It was nice, but the price turned me off.

July 31, 2015

By Neva2

At River's Edge, they only have four cottages, but they're quite nice. They did have a ton of apartments in the big building. The food was very nice, and it was served very nicely. They have a gym-type room where they have facilities to do activities, e.g., weight machine and things of that sort. Overall, I'm impressed with their cottages, I like them very much.

July 29, 2015

The staff is very good. The rooms are very nice, well-laid out, and clean. My dad has an efficiency, which is about 368 sq. ft., but it is enough for what he needs. The food is good. They have all kinds of activities -- bus trips, e-bowling, Bingo, and billiards.

July 13, 2015

We visited River's Edge. The outside wasn't beautiful for sitting or walking around. The rooms weren't as nice, yet they cost more, and less was included in the price. They did not have as nice quality activities as the other place we visited. They take you around to basic places. They had a little laundry center that you could do your laundry in. I was invited to have a meal, but I didn't go because I didn't really care as much for that place. The square footage of the room was smaller. They had very few two-bedrooms, and the rooms would be facing the parking lot, so it wasn't my type of place.

June 16, 2015

My mother is now in River’s Edge. It is a nice place. They provide meals. It is a safe environment, and it seems very clean. They also seem to have a lot of activities like bridge and card games. I think they have some exercise classes as well. My brother has eaten there, and he said the food is good. The dining room has a restaurant feel to it which is nice. The rooms and apartments are clean, in good shape, and safe.

March 31, 2015

By Caring104194250

We have been to River's Edge and we spoke with the manager and his co-worker. The manager has written to us once and the lady called here yesterday. It is actually the first one we have actually seen. We were there at the non-blooming time when the plants were not in bloom and doing their showy things, but it is a nice and clean facility. They have a lot of the activities and things that people would want. In that one, they actually have a physical therapist office there. I guess they come in one day a week, but that is available right on the property. Of course the beautician and laundry services are there. They have a small library too. Some things didn't matter to me, but to other people they would be a big factor. For us, the consideration is the price, and we can't just afford it. It is out of our price range.

October 29, 2014

My mother in law is in Water’s Edge. It’s an assisted living facility that she is in now. It has a very home like setting. The facility is very well kept. The place is really well secured. They have medical staff there. She has a one bedroom; it’s almost like an apartment. They have a pool and a gym. There are also a number of things they do there. They have Wii games, a music person that comes in, and they take them to outings if they want to go to a shopping mall. They prepare all their meals. They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They have a dining room where residents come and eat. She likes it very much.

May 12, 2014

By Dot5

I went online and found River's Edge. They invited me to visit the facility. They were close in, and there wasn’t enough or not much land involved with that facility. It was very close to the main street. The rooms had been newly painted with new carpet. I didn’t think the rooms were very big. The kitchen facility was not that large. We visited the dining room and we saw that they have individual menus for the residents. They provided transportation three days a week.

April 12, 2014

By Jessica18

I visited River’s Edge. The lady who helped me was phenomenal. She did everything to try to make my grandmother happy: she was very caring, supportive, and she gave me the best rate. I wanted to just call her and say thank you. The dining area was beautiful; they were actually eating when we got there. The tables are super clean and shiny. It looked great. She showed me a room that was upstairs. It was kind of small, but it was immaculate and looked brand new.

March 28, 2014

By Angela10

My aunt chose to live at River's Edge because everything is inclusive. You have rehab there if you need rehab. You have your library, a computer center, a chapel, etc. Everything is inclusive. Also the meals are inclusive. We had meals there, and the food was great. They also have a bus service that they provide for their residents to go shopping or go to the doctor's office. That is something that my aunt was looking at as opposed to taking public transportation. There are two sets of managers there onsite all day, every day, so she is able to have someone there. Once you're a member of the property, you can travel from state to state for free. Because my aunt lives there, they allowed us to stay there over the weekend. I would rate it a three, only because they had just exterminated the building, so we saw a couple of bugs and molds on the AC unit. Also the carpet was not clean; they had stains on the carpet. My aunt is in one of the largest studios, but it is still small. Unlike my mother, my aunt is not in a wheelchair.

December 30, 2013

By Debe2

I have my parents in River's Edge and it went well. I like it that it is independent living. It is very close to the hospital and doctor's office. I also liked the size of it. They have different sizes of rooms and we have exactly what we wanted. I have dinner there a couple times with my parents and the food is good. The staff is amazing, very caring and they check on my parents. They make them feel very at home. I can call them anytime and they will run down and checkon them. If I have a question, they go and answer them. From the kitchen help to the house cleaners, I don't have anything to complain about and my dad feels the same way. They have activities. They exercise daily and a lot of things to stimulate their bodies and minds.

September 23, 2013

By Velma1

They have excellent facilities in River's Edge. They provide transportation service and plenty of activities for their residents. They also have laundry facility for them. Their live-in manager is available in the premises 24-hours, so that they can take care of everything that you need even at night. What stood out for me is that this is a very friendly community. They're very nice people. They have a caring staff and they're ready to accommodate anyone. It is like apartment living. The facility itself is also clean. I was just impressed with everything. This place is commendable to others.

June 08, 2012

By Tom6

I find Rivers Edge an excellent and well maintained facility. When I visited the place the residents there were warm the the staff seemed to be caring and helpful. From what I was told, they have these different activities for the residents and I think it's fun to have such. The rooms were livable and I find the place quite relaxing. However we are still looking around and we also prefer something a little different. Also at this time, we are having problems in selling our house and it might take a while.

February 06, 2012

By virtual reader

The first thing I noticed when I drove up to Rivers Edge, was it was a beautiful setting. There were several residents walking around outside enjoying nature. There is also a large porch with chairs to sit and visit. Inside I noticed how comfortable everything appeared and very spacious. They offer several types of resident rooms with each having a private bath. The dinning room was very roomy and comfortable. The lunch looked and smelled delicious. Rivers Edge offers a variety of meals depending on the diet the resident requires. This facility offers many activities and outdoor adventures. I was able to visit with several of the resident's and they were very happy living at Rivers Edge.

Photos of River's Edge

Features of River's Edge

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About River's Edge

River's Edge is located in Savannah, GA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to River's Edge for a visit...and stay!

Map of River's Edge