Brookdale Sarasota Central Independent Living

Overview of Ratings

4.0

January 12, 2015

By Dell1

Waterside was just absolutely gorgeous. People were around. There were activities going on. It was just a friendly beautiful place. They have a 7-acre lake, and all of the units face the water. It was just beautiful; you would never know you're in the middle of the city. In the lobby, they had a jewelry show going on. A day before, they had an art show going on. It was lively. It looked like you're in a Marriot Hotel because they had open floor plants. It was clean. It was bright and cheerful. We were very impressed. The rooms were nice and large. You had a little patio. The people on the second floor had a lanai. We looked at a two-bedroom unit. The main master bedroom was beautiful, bright, and sunny. It had a large closet and a nice bathroom. The facility did have a small kitchen. There, they would give you two meals. The dining room was beautiful. Everybody was very friendly and polite.

November 29, 2014

By Bob96303650

My partner and I have been to Waterside several times. She has a long time friend that is a resident there, and it’s a lovely facility. The woman has a two bedroom apartment. We have been there for dinner several times, and the food was excellent. The service is very good, and the staff was very nice.

November 29, 2014

By Bob84281850

I checked Waterside. The staff was great and very friendly, and the people in charge of promoting it were fine. I didn’t leave there with any questions, and I didn’t have any objections on the meal. It’s a big place. I think it’s a little bigger than where I am now; here is very casual and you can sit anywhere you want, but at Waterside they had prepared seating and a few rules that I didn’t think were great. There are assigned seats, but the dining room was very nice and spacious, yet a little more formal and a bit darker than here. It was clean, and there’s a little lake there. It’s located where there are a lot of things like the mall. It’s a little further from the hospital, but restaurants, banks, and grocery stores are all nearby.

November 05, 2014

By Annie17

I have decided on Waterside Retirement. I’ve been through there and talked to the coordinator. They have one section that’s assisted-living, but they have a residential section that’s like in the middle that if and when you need assisted living, you don’t have to get up and move out. You can have assisted living right there. The staff is excellent, very friendly, very helpful, and very informative about activities. They showed me different sized apartments; they have 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and studio. They have a number of different types of facilities plus their garden apartments which are all independent-living. They have a beautiful dining room. They also have a kitchen area in each apartment so you can do your own cooking. It’s not a new facility, but it’s very well maintained. They offer housekeeping services once a week for their residents. They have a nurse on staff 24/7. They have transportation if you have doctor appointments or some place that you have to go. They have a physical fitness room, a heated pool, and a library. They offer exercise programs, games or cards. I’m going there for a mahjong tournament. I play regularly in a group of women, and it’s a freebie for the community. They’ve had a Hawaiian party that I went to and if I’m not living there yet, they would invite me to their holiday party. I just found it a very friendly place.

October 25, 2014

By George96357450

I've seen Waterside Retirement Estates, and we like the facility as well as the people there. From all the facilities we've visited, we probably like this one the best. It's a little pricey, but we did like it. We were not able to eat there, but their dining was first class.

August 29, 2014

By Julie40

We have decided to move my mom to Waterside Retirement Estates. What we found for her is an independent living apartment. They were much more spacious than any of the other apartments that we saw in other community. That was one of the reasons why we chose it and also, there is no buy-in fee and we also like that. We tried their food and it is like restaurant dining -- lots of choices and nicely prepared. They offer a lot of activities like bingo and movies. They have a card room, exercise room, as well as physical therapy on site. They also have a free Wi-Fi in the building.

March 20, 2014

By Barbara76751450

I went to Waterside and the place and the people were exceptionally nice. The rooms were spacious and clean. However, it was not exactly what I wanted because it was more of what I called "rental" where you pay a monthly fee and the fees would went up depending on when you went in. They would only take you up to assisted living and wouldn't take you through nursing. I wanted a continuing care where I stay in the facility until I die. I wanted to move in as independent, then moved in the assisted and then nursing all in the same facility.

November 21, 2013

By jumu

It has beautiful grounds and many amenities. There is NO odor, as a reviewer claimed, it is immaculate. Many people were busy in the game room. The dining room is spacious and looks like a fine restaurant. The staff was helpful and courteous. I was impressed.

August 15, 2013

By Caring RO

Waterside is a very lovely facility. The staff was very helpful and very pleasant at the time of my visit. They have little cottages that have a lake view. They also have a building that is like a one-story connected apartment building around the lake and it is just lovely. With regards to their apartments, all I can say is that they have utilized every single bit of space in a very creative way.

June 07, 2013

At Waterside, the place was very neat. The housing was very nice but it was too small for us. We would have gone as a couple. There wasn't much staff around when we visited the place and it seems that there wasn't much activity for the residents there also. We never actually saw anybody interacting with any body else.

April 17, 2013

By Caring 8781

We saw Waterside Retirement Estates and my husband liked it, but I didn't care it. They had assisted living and everything right there, but the big area where they congregated had some kind of smell to it, and I wasn't too crazy about that. Their dining room area was quite small too.

Let Us Search For You

• Dining Extra: Continental Breakfast And Snacks

• Coffee Shop
    • Hiking Trails
    • Pool
    • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Residence, Security Camera System On The Parking Lot And Grounds

• Pharma

• Tai Chi
    • Activities Extra: Computer Class, Partner With Local Opera, Theatre And Cultural Outings

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 5

About Brookdale Sarasota Central

Brookdale Sarasota Central provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Independent living at it's finest with breathtaking views in our well appointed Villas and Garden Apartments --- Walking Path surrounds a pristine, beautiful 10 acre lake and grounds. --- Heated outdoor swimming pool and outdoor spa/whirlpool relaxation area. --- Two dining rooms, one on the main floor and one on the third floor to handle a variety of dining needs. --- Beautiful new grand lobby, renovations, and new front entrance with spectacular views of our waterways, opening in September of 2015.

Map of Brookdale Sarasota Central