Aviva

1951 North Honore Avenue, Sarasota, FL, 34235

Reviews of Aviva

Holly25 December 30, 2015

My parents’ room at Kobernick - Anchin is a two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment. My mother needs assistance, so we have caregivers coming in for her. The facility is very good, though very expensive, but the services are top-rate. It’s lovely to be able to go down to dinner every night dressed well; men wear jackets -- no blue jeans, no tank tops, no shorts. They order off the menu, and these lovely young people serve their food to them. They do special occasions in the dining room. For example: during my mom’s birthday, they had balloons on her table and ordered champagne. It was just lovely. The staff is very caring and extremely helpful. For all the money that you’re paying, you’re getting every service that you can possibly imagine. Housekeeping is included; they come every week and wash the linens and whatever laundry you have. My parents are very happy, so we are very satisfied. My parents are Jewish, and they have everything for Jewish people. I have nothing to complain aboutwith this facility. For the money and for the atmosphere, it is the best for my parents.

Annie17 November 05, 2014

I’ve been to Kobernick-Anchin several times. It’s beautiful and it’s well-kept. They’re constantly fixing and repairing things. The appliances there are fairly new. I had lunch there; it was delicious. It was after the lunch hour, we were the only ones in the dining room, and the staff just bent over backwards to take care of us. The dining room is beautiful. The residents have a choice of menu. If they’re making a one-main dish and if you don’t like it, you have a choice of something else. The food is Kosher style so if you’re Jewish, there’s food you can eat which is a plus. It has a pool, a little lunch room, and a physical fitness room. It has a great activity program. They do a lot of outside trips. They also have service if you need to go to a doctor appointment. They have a community bus that takes you into the city or whatever events they’re going to. They take them to services on Friday night. I go there every other week to play cards. One of the women from my mahjong group lives there. I have friends that just moved in, and I have friends that have been there for quite a while, and they’re all very happy with it.

spitz October 07, 2014

I have been the caregiver of 2 people at the Kobernick House for 3+ years. Yes, the business side of this facility need improvement but the level of care is terrific. One of my parents was in the nursing care facility and the other is in independent living. Yes, it bothered us when the parent in the nursing home had a cold and their nose ran without being wiped BUT, they were bathed and clothed daily. They were fed and well cared for, teethed brushed and treated with dignity. The workers do a good job, and it is not an easy one. As for the assisted living, yes people need to be dressed, a jacket for the men, in the dining room except for Sunday dinner when this is relaxed. But understand this is based on the residents/board of director's voting, NOT the owners of the facility. Caring for our elders is not an easy task and it is a tough job fr the workers. While I had a lot of small issues with the facility I NEVER questioned the level of care provided. The facility is spotless and they do a good job.

pdiamond10 February 07, 2014

My grandmother is at this facility and I am so upset that they just increased her rent 500 dollars a month after only 1-2 years of living there. They don't seem to care if she can't afford the increase. I have never heard of a place that increases your rent that much. The facility is nice but the business side of this place is a disaster and they seem to only be after your money.

Kathy22 April 18, 2013

We visited Kobernick House which is Jewish. They provide meals that look nice and require you to dress up for dinner where residents have to wear a jacket or dress which is unusual. It's independent living. They provide dinner but you can get lunch or breakfast if you want for an additional cost. Smoking is allowed in the units. They're nice but very expensive. One thing they can improve on is not require the residents to dress up at every meal which was too much for my dad.

From Aviva

At Aviva, we take the work and the worry out of your daily routine so you can enjoy life, come and go as you please and make the choices that suit you best. Our friendly move-in facilitators can handle all your relocation needs. Weekly housekeeping services are provided. Transportation to medical appointments can be scheduled. Outings to cultural venues are popular and transportation for the group is provided. And, because Aviva is a rental community, you’ll enjoy significant financial advantages. Instead of having to buy your apartment, you’ll be able to preserve more of your assets to invest or spend as you choose.

Kobernick House grounds are protected 24/7 by on-site security staff and in-house electronic security monitoring devices and motion detectors. Residents in Independent living locations wear activation pendants that are monitored in both buildings. When activated, the pendants receive immediate response by security and/or nursing staff. Apartments are equipped with pull cords to alert security or nursing staff.

Features of Aviva