Payment Options

Contact for details

Accepting inquiries

About Brookdale Rohnert Park

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

We are Close to a Casino, Wineries and Sonoma State University. Anytime Dining for residents. Restaurant open from 7am-7pm.

Reviews of Brookdale Rohnert Park

Average Rating: 4.7 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 6 Reviews

Posted by a fellow reviewer June 29, 2015

Brookdale Rohnert Park is a very nice place. Food wasn’t quite up to the standard, although that was fine. The dining room was fine and comfortable. It's pleasant overall. We heard a run-down of every activity, and it seemed satisfactory to us.

Posted by a fellow reviewer August 14, 2014

My mom moved in to Emeritus at Rohnert Park about three months ago. Her stay there has been wonderful. We are very pleased with it. The staff is very wonderful. They keep a good eye out for her. My mother is fitting in quite nicely. She is enjoying the outings such as visits to the wineries. Also, she is doing exercise four days a week. She has met some friends. There are a lot of opportunities for socializing there as well as activities that she likes to do. We have had lunch with mom several times. She has brought the whole family to Sunday brunch there; that's one of the best things. The meal plan is very open and she can whatever she wants. They eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, which she likes. They have two different size portions, so she can pick what size portion she wants. They really control the sweets and the breads, so her eating habits are a lot more balanced. Also, my mom likes her room there. She would like it to be a little bigger, but we are trying to tell her that she doesn't need to have as much space there. But her living room was furnished very much like her own home. With regard to the people there, they really do so much for the residents there. They check on them. They are wonderful. The people that work there like working there.

Posted by Ann45 March 31, 2014

Mom lived in Merrill Gardens. The food, the staff, everyone was wonderful. They just seemed to care. It's a nice facility. It's just my mom needed to be around her family more. That's the only reason we moved her out. They have an activities coordinator and everyone who came around. I know they had bingo and all kinds of outings. They had lots of stuff going on.

Posted by SuzNc December 13, 2012

My mother moved into Merrill Gardens, Rohnert Park under great duress.

One hundred years old, she had been living in a retirement community for more than 10 years when she suffered an infection that required her to be hospitalized and undergo a serious operation, followed by a period of home health care. Moreover, she has advanced macular degeneration and is very hard of hearing. Once she returned from the hospital, it became obvious that she could no longer continue living independently, even with part-time home care. At that point, my husband and I began looking for an assisted living facility within the same general geographic location.

My mother did not welcome the idea of moving. She resented having to leave the house where she had been living happily for many years, not to mention the friends and acquaintances in her community. Additionally, she dreaded a change of environment and felt personally offended at losing her independence. It was painful for us, as well as for her, to face the necessity of relocation.

Nevertheless, change had to come. Even Mom reluctantly recognized that she could no longer care for herself, and could not tolerate having in-home caregivers "violate her space," as she put it. So, my husband and I began a round of visits to local assisted living facilities.

While we admired and liked many of them, none seemed quite right. Every situation is different, but my mother's is truly exceptional: Despite her visual and auditory handicaps, she is physically quite strong, walks without assistance, and is mentally very keen. We could not place her in an environment where she would receive care and kindness without physical and mental stimulation!

The moment we stepped into Merrill Gardens, we realized that we had found the perfect fit. Like many elder care facilities, it is pleasant, well furnished and cheerful. But, much more important, its residents appeared actively engaged. The facility offers both independent and assisted living arrangements, which are not segregated, but occupy the same building, so there is no sense of isolation for residents who require a higher level of care. Moreover, there is a continual program of activities: classes, lectures, exercise sessions, trips and tours, parties, celebrations, open house occasions for family and friends, and a lavish, festive champagne brunch every Sunday!

Another excellent characteristic of Merrill Gardens is that it is large enough to allow for a variety of activities and relationships, yet intimate enough to provide customized service. To be sure, the dispensation of medications and nurse visits are a regular part of the routine for the assisted living residents, but the staff -- unfailingly kind, cheerful and accommodating -- helps in myriad other ways. They have offered my mother transportation to the doctor for unscheduled but necessary appointments, accompanied her on special shopping trips, relayed telephone messages when she cannot hear a caller, and even helped her set up tea and snacks in her private apartment when she wanted to invite outside guests. As one more immensely helpful, personal service, a staff member cleans out her hearing aids on a daily basis.

My mother is a courageous woman who struggles to maintain all the independence and vigor of her life despite the challenges of advanced age. If she had been placed in a different facility, we think she would have been deeply unhappy and perhaps lost that stubborn spirit that has guided her through so many successful years. Luck led us to Merrill Gardens, and that has allowed her, not just to stay alive, but to flourish and thrive.

Posted by warrior111 July 23, 2012

I have been volunteering at Merrill Gardens for more than a year now and I have enjoyed every minute of it. The staff is amazing; all the residents are cared for and looked after relentlessly. There are pools and game rooms available for the residents to interact with one another and maintain their health. The facility is very large and has a lot of rooms. It is very spacious and clean and is a very welcoming environment. I have worked there helping the residents with how to use computers since they all are eager to stay in touch with family and friends as well as browse the occasional websites. I feel like I am able to teach them quite a bit since my knowledge with computers is pretty great and so I get a rewarding feeling everytime I help them. All in all, the facility is amazing and is a great place to have a loved one reside. I would highly recommend this facility without reservations and it has and will continue to be a pleasure working there.

Posted by trecletarts32 June 30, 2012

Merril Gardens is a great place to have residents feel like they have control of their own life again. I see that the residents are happy and feel independent even though they live in "assisted living". There are ample opportunities the facility provides that enable the residents to socialize as well as many times a week in which vans go out to local shopping centers and farmers markets. The design of the place is quaint with modern, yet antique touches which makes the place feel home-y and comfortable. I frequently see family visiting and thanking the staff. The staff are very friendly and caring. They call each of the residents once a day to make sure everything is okay. The resident rooms are spacious and have never heard a complaint. The landscaping is probably the best part about the facility. Residents are free to walk around the paved paths equiped with fountains and a peaceful ambiance so they can enjoy the rest of their lives in harmony with those around them.

Location of Brookdale Rohnert Park

Features of Brookdale Rohnert Park

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)
  • Dining extra: All apartments have Full Kitchens

• Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: RCFE

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details