The Westmont

1675 Scott Blvd, Santa Clara, CA, 95050

Reviews of The Westmont

The Good Daughter1 January 29, 2016

I visited The Westmont for my mother. The best thing about this place was the sales director and the live-in couple I met. They provided on-site maintenance and oversight. Yhey were super-friendly, personable, and nice. However, the property itself was a little bit shabby. Yhe carpeting in the first floor common areas looked like it needed to be replaced, in my estimation. The Westmont had more affordable monthly pricing, but it was the least attractive in terms of the neighborhood. The neighborhood was more industrial and not really where you would want to stroll around. The facility had a courtyard, so there was a little bit of greenery in the area, but the general neighborhood had too much traffic, too much density, and too much noise.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Thank you so much for your sincere feedback. Although we can't really control or communities' surroundings, we most certainly can control their upkeep and appearance, so this is helpful. I've passed your review onto our Resident Relations department. Thanks again, Katie

Happy Friend January 26, 2016

We chose the Westmont, and we love it! The room itself is very nice and clean. It is perfect for my friend.

Caring Daughter116260650 January 14, 2016

We visited The Westmont. It was wonderful, very clean, and very organized. The people all looked happy there. The staff that helped us was really nice and stayed in touch to let us know when a place was available. The people working there were wonderful, very sweet, very nice, and very caring and work full-time in case something happens to any of the residents. The rooms were a little bit small, which was one of the drawbacks. My parents would be moving from a large house into a small one-bedroom apartment, but they had everything there that they need. Everything was very close, which we thought that was great. I thought it was really nice. There were patios and game rooms, and a full kitchen to feed them three meals a day. They had movie nights and shopping trips every week. They had a bus that would take them around to do different activities like going to baseball games and things like that. They also had exercise classes.

Liza5 December 20, 2015

The food choices at The Westmont were not as good, with fewer choices. It was also further from my home. It’s clean, but it’s old. The staff was nice, and the rooms were OK.

Linda113459250 November 30, 2015

I went to The Westmont on a weekday. The person that helped me was fine. I liked the environment, and I would recommend them.

kim117213350 November 30, 2015

My parents moved in to Westmont last October 28. The staff was very helpful and willing to work with whatever your needs are. The amenities have been good. They liked the food; the common dining room is nice and laid out with four chairs per table. What I liked best about the place is that the managers live on-site. They’re always available, and are always there. We also needed to get assisted care, and the company on the second floor has been helpful in working with my dad’s needs. They do have activities, and they’ve taken part in some card games.

Anonymous114619950 October 29, 2015

The Westmont was a good property. It was a convenient, nice building. It looked like it was clean and well-kept and seemed to be a comfortable place. The personnel that I talked to were very friendly as in most of the other places I visited, and it was a clean facility -- a little newer maybe than some of the others. It was in good shape. The social recreations were very good at the Westmont; there was plenty to do, and they had a lot of options.

Ed35 June 26, 2015

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had lunch which was very good and the menu for other meals appeared to be adequate. My reasons for not choosing this facility were the one bedroom apartment was too small with very little storage space and the location was not compatible with my current lifestyle.

Caring106560850 May 28, 2015

I visited The Westmont. I feel really satisfied with the way I was helped and the service that I was given. The staff was really communicative and had been very helpful. I’ve been speaking to them every couple of months since I visited, and they invited me back several times. I think their rooms are nice. They could use some cosmetic updates in different places, but they’re well-kept and well-maintained. I like the location. I like that it is near the university, and there are easy-to-access grocery stores. For people who are in an independent situation moving directly from home, it seems like it’s still a part of a very vibrant community.

Charles104327850 April 03, 2015

We visited The Westmont Santa Clara for a friend's mother. It was really nice. We looked at a room, and it looked really nice. This was a really nice place. It was very clean, and the people were very friendly. There was a one-bedroom apartment with a small kitchen area and a small refrigerator. With regards to activities, they had a lot of exercise programs.

Joe48 December 09, 2014

We went to The Westmont for a visit, and the facility is nice. It had a nice dining area with a piano. It had three things on the menu. The chef came out and explained what the menu was. The food was absolutely really good. They offer transportation to the doctor's appointments. The room was really very nice, and they have a nice courtyard. They have a piano player that plays music during lunch.

Cheryl44 September 26, 2014

All the staff here at Westmont is just really great. We have community meals where everybody eats at the same time, and it's just a very comfortable feeling in the dining room. They provide bedding and towels and they'll wash them, not your whole laundry, but that part is really nice, and then they remake the beds and stuff, and they clean once a week. The managers are on site twenty-four hours a day, which is really nice, and it is just a warm, comfortable feeling. When you come into a building, there is a large living room and you see out to a patio, which is nice. I held out for a little bit, hoping that maybe I would find something a little larger for a room, but everything else just washed out the size of the room.

Caring1869 July 29, 2014

The environment, amenities, and services of Westmont were all pretty good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I saw two rooms; they were a good size and very suitable.

Nancy84754050 July 21, 2014

I chose The Westmont for my mother, and she is very happy there. I find the staff very friendly. My mom chose a studio, and she is very happy with that. I've eaten there several times, and I think the food is quite good, and my mom pretty much likes it too. There are occasional meals that she is not thrilled about, but the quality of the food is good. They have quite a few activities; some right there at the Westmont, and some you can sign-up and go to on a bus. I think the environment is nice. I like the way it is laid out. The dining hall is nice and large, and has a lot of lights. My mom likes the environment too.

Vinod1 May 29, 2014

The rooms were standard rooms. They were reasonable. They had small rooms, like studios. Then there are 1-bedrooms and there are 2-bedrooms. I like the staff. They are good people, very friendly. The food was very good.

The Westmont had a lot more activities than other facilities that we saw. They have entertainment there. They take you to places. There are some music and art programs periodically. It's in an area of activity in Santa Clara town. There are shops and homes around. They give you 3 meals, and the kitchen in the room is a kitchenette, a very small place. That's one thing we liked about Westmont, because we don't want to cook. Cooking is a hassle, so 3 meals is fine. Westmont is a chain of places owned by Holiday Retirement Group, and you can take your car and go and stay some other place. They'll let you stay in their place if the rooms are available, for free, up to a week. You can live there and eat food.

Caring84392950 May 13, 2014

We decided to go with The Westmont because they have a room that my mom needed, and their prices were good. The facility was nice, and I think their location is good too. The staff were very nice and friendly. I was able to eat there, and the food was good.

Caring65428450 May 11, 2014

The Westmont was so small. I could imagine downsizing to it. Other than that, it was OK. They even had a beauty shop. We had the chance to eat and had my choice of menu, and I enjoyed it. They had an activity room, and they had a schedule of things. They did art classes. I like the way the rooms were arranged. Walking down the halls was really nice. You didn't feel like you were in a prison or something. It didn't have much space. It was clean, nice, and fresh. The place itself had little shops. They have a bus that will take you away if you have to get a ride out into the city.

Caring82354150 April 22, 2014

I had a tour at The Westmont, and everything was fine. One thing I noticed was that the carpet, when I first got in there, was dirtier, but other than that, the rooms I saw looked fine. The staff were very accommodating. The people who are managing the place are exceptionally nice, and they seem to be very caring, and that is a good thing. I also like the fact that it's just walking distance from other places, and I think for independent living that was a nice feature.

Linda78452050 February 28, 2014

The Westmont was excellent. It's a very nice place. That's one I really like my sister to go see. It's a beautiful facility. It's one of those places that does allow smoking. My sister does smoke. In some of the places you either have to go outside or you can't smoke at all.

They have the whole third floor for smokers. They can go out on their balcony and smoke. That's one reason I really like the place. They supply breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They have snacks all day long that you can have if you want. They take you places in certain days of the week, to doctor and dentists, and other days you can go to Target or Lucky.

Marcella2 February 28, 2014

My mother is currently residing in Westmont. I'm quite happy with them. The staff there is very friendly, the facility is very clean and it has a friendly environment. So far my mother is quite happy. If she's happy, I'm happy. I've had lunch and dinner there and the food is quite delicious. So far I really like it for her and I feel that she's safe there.

The service is very good. They're very quick to anything that we need and they definitely assist her. I know there's cleaning every single week. She doesn't have to worry too much about having her apartment a mess. Even the residents there are nice. They're very friendly and polite. Even the parking is very convenient for me. They have elevators. It's very easy for me to be able to see my mom if I have things to bring to her.

They have movie nights, game nights and bingo nights. I don't know if my mom took advantage of the services, but she definitely utilize the free shuttle service. If she has a doctor's appointment she can go wherever she needs to go. The only thing about the rides is they stop doing the service after 1:30, so that's kind of limited. And sometimes she has afternoon appointments. So that's probably the only downfall. But I definitely thought Westmont was a better choice for her.

Linda69518450 February 01, 2014

I visited The Westmont. The staff was nice and gave me literatures to bring home. The dining room and food were okay. However, it was a very old old building and the apartments were strange. I didn't like the way the apartments were set up and the arrangement of their two bedroom apartments were weird. There was no area outside the building. Everything was inside and I didn't like the location.

Caring67676850 January 30, 2014

I was able to visit The Westmont. They have a very nice place and it looks like a hotel. The room is pretty comfortable, but they don’t offer assisted living. They offered me lunch and the food was okay, nothing special.

Caring75045550 December 13, 2013

I did visit The Westmont and I think it is okay. The staff are very helpful and they were excellent. Their rooms were okay.

Caring Writer September 12, 2013

Caring.com is very helpful and I learned a lot from this website. I found The Westmont and this is where I live now. It is okay. It is decent and clean. It has a very beautiful view. It is not great because it does have some flaws, but it is still good. When you live here, you have to eat at certain times or you can't eat. At other places, they have little more windows of opportunity with regards to eating. We have this big dining area but the line could be so long during mealtime. I'm working and a lot of these people don't and they are like 2-year-olds that have to be entertained. They take like an hour and a half for a meal. The wait is just too long for me. I wish they would just let me have my food to-go. I was at another place before and this is a common flaw among these kinds of facility. This same thing happened there. I had a really hard time getting here. My moving here took me six weeks instead of two weeks because of some delivery problem. However, the staff, Eddie and Kay, they were really nice to me. They just let me start the lease when I arrived. When they got promoted someone else took care of my account. He then decided he was going to add $4500 more starting at the beginning of the lease. I paid it at first because I felt very vulnerable. When the statement came, it said I only owed $2100. However, they made it up to me. They took all that money and put it at the end. So that's my problem. There are a lot of people who are just trying to get money from people like me, whose husband is dead and has a little bit of money. We're very vulnerable to these types of things.

George33 June 26, 2013

I visited The Westmont and it was a nice facility. They got the living facilities and some studio apartments. Their dining area was very nice and very spacious. They also have all types of activities depending on what you want, like knitting, playing bridge or chest, etc. The only thing I saw as a drawback was their inadequate maintenance. There was something that broke down and it took a little time before they were able to get to it, but this was minor considering the overall facility.

Jeri1 May 31, 2013

We stayed in Westmont for six months, but we didn't like it. The people were nice but the management was only interested in money. They didn't care about the people at all and they just wanted to save the buck. We initially thought we'd like it, but when we got there they were just so tight they didn't want to spend money on anything. The salesperson made a lot of promises when we were interviewing, but they didn't follow through at all.

The food was not good. There's a high turnover of staff. There were only three people left of the ones who have been there when we got there six months before. They just kept firing people and hiring people. They don't have any grounds at all but they have a square building with a small courtyard in the middle that's all cement. They don't have a space where we can walk our dogs.

Gloria6 April 16, 2013

Everything about the Westmont in Santa Clara and the people that I talked to there were nice. Their price was better too. The only thing I didn't like was that their big meal was served at noon instead of at night. I just don't like to have a big meal at noon and a small meal at night.

From The Westmont

The Westmont is located in Santa Clara, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Westmont for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Westmont

• Technology extra: Residents are provided an ER pendants with GPS which our managers respond to 24/7.

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room