South Towne Ranch

310 E 10600 S, Sandy, UT, 84070

Reviews of South Towne Ranch

Happy Daughter-In-Law1 February 10, 2016

The rooms at South Towne Ranch were nice. My mother-in-law likes them. They have church, trips to casinos, different shopping activities, crafting activities, trips to the stores, and to the malls. All of them were great.

Michelle118481350 December 31, 2015

For our mom, we like South Towne Ranch very much. We like that the facility itself had four different floors and each floor had a different feel to it. It was painted beautifully. Each floor had a community room and a room for crafting.

Natalie S. December 22, 2015

I visited South Town Ranch, and it's a great place. The people there are so helpful, and the community is nice, new, and well kept. They are also well staffed. Overall, it's a good place.

Voice of Senior Support December 20, 2015

This place can be fun and enjoyable but the management turn over is continual and the current manager leaves many residents feeling disenfranchised and disrespected. The place looks and sounds amazing when you visit (and during short term of some managers it has been amazing) but there is no formal resident feedback process and representation. Staff and management is continual flux, quality of food is an ongoing concern, getting to doctor appointments and back is no longer a easy experience. In the history of a few years it appears that all negative reviews seem to vanish. Under the current manager as December 20, 2015 buyer beware!!!

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. First, I'm sorry to hear that your friend or family member is having a negative experience at South Towne Ranch. We don't want any of our residents to ever feel disrespected, and encourage residents, their family members, and friends, to call our Resident Relations line here at Home Office at 1-800-370-8331 with any concern. Our Resident Relations team is a neutral party and therefore ideal choice for concerns related to management or sensitive issues. Please feel free to call our Resident Relations team - they're here to help. Thank you, Katie

GT1 December 20, 2015

South Towne Ranch was a wonderful and beautiful place. The tour was extensive. They took their time with us. They were very professional, very warm, and welcoming. However, the price was a little far out of our budget. The food was very nice. We found a group of ladies playing dominos, people doing their exercise classes, and gentlemen sitting around the lounge watching television. I liked everything -- the décor, the layout, the people, the staff, the activities, and the prearranged travels, if you need it. It was top-notch to me. I felt very good about my father living there.

Alvera1 November 22, 2015

I visited a lot of places, and I like South Towne Ranch the best. It was a very friendly, happy place and open. Everybody was nice to be around. The food was excellent. When I visited, there was entertainment happening for the residents. They invited some people to sing, which was very nice.

Nori1 October 29, 2015

South Towne is nice; very open, and very bright. It is spacious. They have afternoon activities that the people could do together. They have a library, a computer room, and a game room. We had lunch there and the food was good. They had two residents who were ambassadors which was great. However, there were 7 management changes, and I didn’t like the feeling that for the staff it was just a job to them.

Hi Nori, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for leaving a sincere review. We want all of our management teams to be engaged and welcoming, so I'd like to know more about your experience at South Towne Ranch. If you have details, we'd very much like to hear them. Feel free to call our Resident Relations line at 1-800-370-8331. Thanks, Katie

Caring108685450 June 30, 2015

The nice thing about South Towne Ranch was that all of the trees and everything were mature. So, from any view, you had a nice view of mature tall trees. When you walked in, it had a very pleasant atmosphere. There was a place that you could sit and talk to the people who were managing it. They had an office there, and right next to it was a large dining room. All the decors were extremely comfortable. Everything was in good condition and done with great taste. The dining room was very spacious, and they had an excellent chef and people to wait on you. I thought the people there that do the rooms during the day were also the ones who deliver the food in the dining room. They kept an eye on people to see how they were doing. The dining room had an area where you could have access 24 hours for coffee, hot chocolate, and so on. Each floor was also nicely appointed and had a couple of washers & dryers in the laundry rooms. They also had libraries and TV rooms, and these were all nicely appointed too and very comfortable. They had elevators and stairs. The rooms were very nice as well. They had one and two bedrooms. They also had a kitchenette with no stove, but they had counter space if you wanted to put a small oven or microwave in there. They also have a refrigerator and plenty of closet space. The bathrooms were very ample and they had showers where you could take a wheelchair or shower with just a small lift. They kept the carpets and floorings up so that all looks new or was new. The staff was extremely friendly, and they knew everybody by name.

Joyce90270150 June 21, 2015

The first one I moved in to was South Towne Ranch. I wouldn't recommend it. It was too expensive, but they had good activities. They fired one bus driver, and the other one almost got into an accident twice. The staff turned over too much. I was there a year, and we must have had four different turnovers in the management. The food was sometimes good, sometimes terrible. Their accommodations were great. The rooms were really nice and well kept, and they didn't charge me for my cap. I was there a year.

Carol106011250 May 13, 2015

We were able to visit South Towne Ranch, and it was lovely. The staff was very helpful. We saw one model room, and it was very beautiful, open, and clean. It looked like it would be perfect for my parents. I was not able to taste the food, but the dining room was beautiful. It was clean and very inviting. We saw a menu, and it looked like there was food in between meals so that if someone is hungry, they can go and get food, cookies, or bread. With their activities, I know they have an exercise class. We went to the room and saw a signup sheet. They have excursions to different places, so it looked like they have good activities. Overall, it was just very pleasant. The people were friendly, and the facility was clean and orderly. The people that we met that lived there were very nice. If I were in charge, I would choose that place.

Phyllis38 January 13, 2015

I was interested South Towne Ranch. When I first moved in here, I stayed there for a couple of months. Then I decided to have an apartment by myself. Now, I was working the other way. I decided I needed more friends. Living alone wasn't friendly. My first impression was that it was very attractive and very light. I liked the fact that there was a lot of window light. It was very clean looking. It was just a very pleasant atmosphere, and as I stayed there, I found it to be that way. That time, the food was excellent. The only thing I didn't like there was that you don't have much time between meals, and I decided if I wanted to live there again, I would have to skip some meals that would interfere with my activities. However, I liked it. The management was very nice and very helpful. I met some nice friends there, and they were still there when I went over there one day for lunch. I really had a nice feeling about the location, and it had beautiful grounds. I had a dog that I could walk around the complex easily.

Caring96138150 October 28, 2014

Everything went well with our move in to South Towne, and it’s working out fine. We have a small apartment with a one-bedroom, living room, and also kitchen area but it doesn’t have a stove or anything. You eat all your meals at the dining room. We have a really nice view, there’s a bunch of trees plus a creek runs through. They’ve got a lot of activities for the people. The food is OK, but could be better. The staff is nice. You get more help here in going places and doing things.

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad you're enjoying your time with us at South Towne Ranch. We know we can always do better, which is why our chef holds regular meetings with the residents. Be sure to attend one and provide some constructive feedback on how the food can improve. We want you to be satisfied with every part of our community!

Caring92015150 October 18, 2014

I kind of like South Towne Ranch, but the price is so high. The food was very good and the staff was very nice. It was very clean, and they do have their own chef who cooked the food there every day and you have a menu to choose from whatever you like to eat.

Caring87143650 September 23, 2014

South Towne Ranch was a larger facility and they had larger rooms. For the meal, they have a meal time where they are all eating at the same time, which is very formal. Regarding staff, it looked like they had a large staff. With regards to activities, in the building, they had something going on every hour to an hour and a half. South Towne Ranch seemed more like a motel. I like its set-up and their rooms. It was considerably larger.

Caring92942250 August 26, 2014

I liked that South Towne Ranch had outside entrances, so my preference would have been for my mother to go there. The rooms were a lot bigger than some of the other places we have looked at and we liked it better. I liked this community, but apparently my mom didn't like the people who were running it. It was very nice, but not brand new, so they might want to improve on what they have there.

Caring87035550 August 06, 2014

I liked South Towne better because it's in a prettier area, with a lot more grass and grounds. There's more green space around it and it was nicer in terms of its location. What I don't like is the units don't have stoves in the kitchen, and there's no washer and dryer. The staff seemed fine. The dining area is fine, but the downside is that if you want to eat, you have to be there at a certain time. Then they come and serve everybody at the same time.

Caring85972250 June 17, 2014

South Towne Ranch was wonderful. The view was beautiful. We saw the activity, and that was wonderful. The rooms were beautiful.

Caring74556850 December 27, 2013

I went to South Towne Ranch, I also like this one, but they didn't have assisted living. Also parking was more difficult for me there. However, they were very professional and personable. I would give them overall a high rating.

Gordon1 November 20, 2013

I saw part of the building in South Towne Ranch, it's beautiful. This is a large place which is nice for moving around. They are also the friendliest, most wonderful and hospitable people. They have exercise and all kinds of event plans. They suggested that I visit them during a special event because they're happy to have extra people. However, they have a meal plan that I don?t want.

Jose2 October 09, 2013

I especially liked South Towne Ranch. The director was very nice. I liked that they had very bright light rooms and open-air places. I liked the friendliness of everybody there. Their dining room was very nice. They had activities for the residents. I liked also that the residents would be able to take vacations.

Joan31 September 26, 2013

We've been to the South Towne Ranch three times. They took us on tour the first time we went. The place was beautiful. I liked the landscaping. They had more trees and a lot of art in there. It's almost identical to the other facility we visited except for the color of the carpet. There were good-sized rooms. The residents were very nice. They seemed to be a little bit younger.

Juan5 September 19, 2013

I went to South Towne Ranch, they showed me the place, and it was nice. I have to bring my own stuff. The rooms are spacious and nice. It was expensive though and I'm looking more for apartments where you can take care of yourself and live in or out and you can buy your own food. That place is really nice and many have been living there for 10 or 15 years. They cook for you like in a restaurant or hotel. The people there are nice. I like that the place is quiet. They take care of you if you have appointments. I think they have a small gym and a pool, TV in the common room where you can talk to friends. I think they're okay with what they're doing for these people.

cliff_77 June 29, 2012

Our initial impression of the South Towne Ranch was quite positive. It seemed clean, looked like there was a lot to do from an activity standpoint and the residents we talked to seemed pretty happy. This all remained true to some degree, although during the course of my grandparents living there things seemed to steadily decline. The management stopped listening to suggesting from the residents and seemed to take a more "iron fist" approach. A new cook was hired that seemed to really want to cook food that nobody liked, which essentially almost led to a resident revolt. My grandparents eventually left and moved to another facility in the midwest that they seem far happier at.

From South Towne Ranch

South Towne Ranch is located in Sandy, UT, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to South Towne Ranch for a visit...and stay!

Built atop a beautifully landscaped property in Sandy Utah, a quiet suburb of Salt Lake City, South Towne Ranch is surrounded by rugged, beautiful mountains. You'll love the convenience of being minutes from excellent medical care, great shopping and all the culture and entertainment of a big city.

Features of South Towne Ranch

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a 90 day lease