Brookdale San Jose | Independent Living

1009 Blossom Riverway, San Jose, CA, 95123

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Brookdale San Jose | Independent Living

Caring114083250 October 05, 2015

My mother-in-law is in Brookdale San Jose. I like its closeness to our residence. I like the multiple levels of care from independent to memory care. I like the availability of a small kitchenette for her. I like the social activities, the transportation, and the general feel of the facility itself. The rooms and apartments are small, but well appointed.

Caring110859650 August 10, 2015

I did visit The Atrium San Jose (Brookdale San Jose). The facility was good, but the people living there were telling me they were not happy. The room was good -- everything was good. I just basically want my mother to eat the diet that she's used to. Indian food is very vegetarian, so she really would have a hard time managing. They didn't have too many activities, but the staff was good and helpful. The room was very nice, and it had a kitchenette, but my mother refused to even want to cook her own food. I suggest that every meal should have a vegetarian option.

We appreciate you taking the time share your feedback!

Caring106337350 May 03, 2015

The largest one that we went to was the Atrium by Brookdale. This one has very nice parking and a lot of activities going on. I kind of like this one, and we were somewhat familiar with it because we take our dog down there, but we had never been on a tour of the place. We did go on a tour of it, and it was quite good.

Robin44 March 27, 2015

The Atrium Retirement Community was nice. They were very accommodating. However, they just haven't gotten back to us -- no phone call, no nothing -- and they said it would be about a month. This was in August, and we put a deposit down and everything.

It was close to my house, and it was very good place to put my mom. The experience of going there was great. However, their response in getting back to us was horrible. I mean, they took our money, we heard nothing from them, they said it will be about a month, and it had been 7 months.

Larry22 October 09, 2013

The Atrium was out of our price range. The buildings themselves looked very nice. The grounds were always well-landscaped and taken care of. The people that we dealt with were very friendly and very informed.

Caring6522 September 27, 2013

I had an elderly friend who I took care of off and on and she was at Atrium San Jose before she passed away. I thought it was a pleasant facility. She made friends there. I was there all the time. It is a good facility especially for somebody that needs a little bit of help; however, I think they need more caregivers per floor. As a whole, I think Atrium is probably as good as the rest of them here.

Caring682276 September 10, 2013

I've visited the Atrium at San Jose and I loved it. I also enjoyed the people. If I had more money, I'd be there. That's my dream community, but it's out of reach for me right now.

Craig4 July 29, 2013

My mom is at Atrium San Jose. It is close to me and my mom likes it there. It is an independent living but they have and on sight homestead care there. They staff is very good and friend. She likes the apartment. She is in a one bedroom apartment and it is in a pretty good size and she's more comfortable there. They have a lot of activities, like singing, piano player. They have happy hour on Wednesday. They have a lot of going on there. One of the better ones I have seen. Unfortunately, my mom is not very active right now. There is a nice outside garden. So, they take her out there. The food is actually very good and the dining room is very spacious. I would recommend it to others. The only drawback is that the caregivers cannot eat with her. So, they have to wait outside until she's done. But they do come in and check them out. I recommend this facility to others.

CaringD July 12, 2013

Atrium of San Jose was certainly lovely and impressive. Also their staff was accommodating. However, this facility was just not a good fit for my mom.

Caring466732 April 05, 2012

Due to the fact that my client moved in a few months ago, I have become a regular bi-weekly visitor at the Atrium. I visit several assisted and independent living facilities as an outside consultant and the Atrium has brought a lot of joy to my clients life. It has far surpassed her own expectations of hospitality living and she loves the food! My client aged 91 had been living in a 55+ mobile home park for the last 30 years, she lost her husband 5 years ago so she had been a bit isolated and needed to be around other folks going through the same phase of life. At this age it was critical this be the right move for her. I recommend a gradual transition like she did, visit the facility a few times before the move, giving your senior ample time to adjust to the thought of moving into any facility. The staff at the Atrium accommodated these wishes for my client and so when it came time for the move, the staff and surroundings were familiar to her. To make it seem even more homier, my client was able to pick a color scheme for her walls to be painted. As a bonus it is conveniently located near a shopping mall with restaurants, movie theatre, shopping and banking - all within walking distance which is great exercise for the seniors. I commend the staff at the Atrium and really find their facility to be top notch. Job well done and deserving of a five star rating.

From Brookdale San Jose

Brookdale San Jose provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Features of Brookdale San Jose

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym