The Patrician, A Merrill Gardens Community

4025 Pulitzer Place, San Diego, CA, 92122

Reviews of The Patrician, A Merrill Gardens Community

Caring111493550 August 10, 2015

My mother liked the Patrician, it’s small, and it’s beautiful, but it’s pretty expensive. They have full apartments for people, you can hire people in, and they have lots of activities.

We appreciate you taking the time to write us this review, and we are so pleased that your mother enjoyed The Patrician. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly with any questions.

Caring104765550 April 07, 2015

My visit at The Patrician was very average. The guy was very nice and very accommodating. He did give us some cookies to bring home. On the whole, this is average -- not bad, not wonderful -- but I won't go there. They had small rooms. There was nothing exciting. It was a little farther from everything.

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. Our goal is to provide residents with a quality lifestyle and we are disappointed to hear about your experience. Please contact us directly if you are willing to share additional feedback.

David and Julie Smith November 20, 2014

This facility is simply amazing. My wife and i visited and stayed at The Patrician recently and it is run like a first class resort. Jeremy and Abraham were our hosts and did a fantastic job showing us the facility and explaining the costs and what actually goes on.They gave us all the information we needed to make a decision regarding our future plans to possibly stay at the facility.The food was most excellent and the happy hour on our last day put the icing on the cake. Based upon what we saw and experienced we would have no hesitation in recommending The Patrician as a great place for anyone (or their parents) to stay in their retirement years. Thank you again Jeremy and Abraham for your kindness and hospitality. Great Job.

Mollie2 October 30, 2013

This place is lovely, but very expensive at about $3700 a month. It's in a very nice area of San Diego and everything around it is very nice. My mom is a resident at The Patrician for 10 years now. They offer many activities like exercise and yoga. They also take them to outings and provide a bus service to their appointments and back. They also take them to the grocery store and to shopping.

caring1442 September 25, 2013

I visited The Patrician because it was in my neighborhood. Plus, I see their van every Sunday as they transport their seniors to the same church where I'm going. In other words, I'm quite familiar with it. This place is very lovely. The atmosphere is just very much to my liking. They have very spacious rooms. I had lunch in their dining room and I thought it was beautiful and elegant. I talked to some of their tenants and asked them how they like it, and they said they love the place. I would absolutely recommend this place to others.

Michael F. November 17, 2011

The Patrician is an extremely nice retirement community home. The building is a modern-style work of art that has amazing landscaping and a lot of nearby attractions that are within walking distance, such as the Costa Verde shopping center and Doyle Park.

During my visit, my client and I went to Doyle Park and walked on one of the paths that circled back around to the facility - which was adjoined to it. There are gardens next to a pool that the client can grow vegetables and flowers in - which is a definite plus for most clients in a facility like this. My client and I also visited the nearby Aquarium facility that day. There are plenty of nearby attractions to enjoy while staying at The Patrician.

The facility itself was more like a nice hotel than a retirement community. The building looked brand new, and the inside had 1 and 2 bedroom apartment rooms for the clients.

I would highly recommend this facility to anyone in the San Diego area.

From The Patrician, A Merrill Gardens Community

Pursue an active, independent lifestyle at The Patrician and take advantage of the comforts and conveniences of a thriving community. The Patrician is well-located in the heart of San Diego with access to sunny beaches, world-class medical facilities, shopping, dining, parks and theaters.

The Patrician offers an active and enriched lifestyle for seniors with luxurious Mediterranean styling and the opportunity for a variety of indoor and outdoor activities. The thoughtfully arranged campus is intimately centered around two tranquil courtyards with trees, flowers and cafe tables for outdoor dining. The poolside garden is perfect for growing vegetables and herbs while the walking paths, wellness center and spa services complete the experience.

Located in the heart of San Diego. Mediterranean styling. Centered around 2 courtyards with cafe tables for outdoor dining. Poolside gaden. Wellness center. Paved walking paths. Nearby Torrey Pines Golf Course. Strolling areas around Doyle Park.

Features of The Patrician, A Merrill Gardens Community

• Internet in residents' rooms

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Minimum age: 65