St. Paul's Manor

2635 Second Avenue, San Diego, CA, 92103

Contact Now

Reviews of St. Paul's Manor

Caring108174450 March 23, 2015

I went on a tour at Saint Paul. I liked it very much. However, I don't think it was for everybody because some people liked everything brand new and fancy. It was kind of an older home feeling, but they pride themselves in developing a community. They were careful about who goes in, and they let you know beforehand certain kinds of people with certain kind of interest. The location was really great. I liked the location, and the price was good. They showed us the rooms. They had a variety of choices. They were good, clean, and comfortable. They had a skilled nursing facility nearby, but the thing that I was looking at was just retirement living for people who were independent and basically just want a little help with laundry and meals, but otherwise independent. They had a lot of activities organized. They had some field trips. They provided some transportation in the area, but they let us know that the people who lived there were very active and they liked to organized activities.

TyLuigi July 08, 2011

One of the most frightening and stress-inducing decisions my brother and I had to make was to commit our Mother to a senior care facility. Fiercely independent in spirit, Mom was determined to stay at home. We did all we could to facilitate this decision as long as possible. Eventually, we knew that she needed around the clock supervision. The first thing we realized when interviewing potential care centers in our price range was that the people at St. Paul's really seemed to listen. Sure, others went through the motions, tried to say the right things, but at St. Paul's we began to feel comfortable with our decision. Still, when it came to making the move, we were afraid that Mom would have a terrible time adjusting. I have to say the staff at St Paul's were wonderful from the start. In the last years of her life, Mom was as happy and content as we could have hoped for her. Sure, she ultimately would have rather stayed at home, but second best proved to be St. Paul's Manor. Mom always felt taken care of, safe, and listened to. St. Paul's also had a great deal of activities to choose from, far more than Mom ever needed or took advantage of. She complained about the food once in a while, but Mom was always very very picky! All in all, we are so glad we found St. Paul's and are at peace with the decision to help her spend her last years there.

From St. Paul's Manor

St. Paul’s Manor is a premier San Diego independent living community. Retirement living at St. Paul’s Manor can be as leisurely or active as you desire. Whether it’s getting together for a few laughs on a friend’s private balcony, attending exercise class, walking through nearby Balboa Park, or taking a trip to the store on St. Paul’s bus, our retirement community makes it easy to enjoy life at whatever pace you prefer. Take in the fresh breeze from your studio or one-bedroom apartment while our housekeeping staff does the work to keep your home clean and beautiful. Sit down to a delicious meal with friends and our waitstaff will make sure the soup is hot and the salad bar is fresh. While you are out strolling around our quaint Banker’s Hill neighborhood, the maintenance team will keep the grass short and the bushes manicured. None of the burdens of home-ownership are found here. Just the activities that peopl e really enjoy. St. Paul’s Manor is an ideal retirement home and independent living community.

Modest pricing includes:

• meal package,housekeeping and linen services.
  • Restaurant style meals served daily, including special celebrations.
  • Robust activity calendar including live music, outings, yoga, bowling.
  • Transportation to local stores, planned events & medical appointments.
  • Library and spacious reading areas.
  • Non-denominational chapel - We welcome and embrace all faiths.
  • Beauty salon and barber shop.
  • Twenty-four hour reception and security.
  • Very pet friendly.

Features of St. Paul's Manor

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Minimum age: 55