Leisure Pointe

1371 Parkside Drive, San Bernardino, CA, 92404

Reviews of Leisure Pointe

Jo14 July 31, 2014

Leisure Pointe responded to my inquiry and invited me to come by and take a look and I did. It was nice, clean and people were friendly. I liked the fact that the residents seemed happy. The staff was very nice and helpful. They answered all my questions. They had a very spacious one-bedroom apartment with balcony and kitchen. It had a large bathroom with security bars, a nice step-in tub and a shower. It was also very clean. I ate there, the food was great and I understand they had three professional chefs on staff. They had many activities like movie nights, bingo, weekly trips to local places, and transportation to medical facilities. I would recommend them to others.

Happy visitor July 24, 2014

This place is great beautiful home for my mom wonderful food lots of great activities always kept up really nice always smells great and very friendly staff the executive director and marketer Paula were very friendly and accommodated all my needs great place

missSassy March 31, 2014

This place is awesome, the executive director is very friendly and intelligent. I love everything about this place, but the food, they should've had options for vegetarian more. :)

Happy daughter of resident February 05, 2014

My mother moved into Leisure Pointe almost a year and a half ago. Our family was welcomed by a warm, caring staff upon move in. We just assumed the warm ness would soon wear off but this staff is consistently caring, helpful and enthusiastic. The options of care were very attractive to us knowing mom would not have to move from one site to another as more care is needed.
We could not be happier for moms placement as she really really likes living here. Thank you to the entire staff for your love and caring personalities. Candy

Caring75052750 January 31, 2014

My mother had stayed at Leisure Pointe for about two years. The staff was great. They were very friendly and helpful. The food was good. She had a private room with a small kitchenette. They had a variety of activities. My mother's favorite was bingo and they brought in a lot of entertainment. They also had religious services.

Teddy S January 17, 2014

WOW! I went to Leisure Point to visit my uncle and was surprised. I was not expecting to see and here the way the staff was towards me or my family. They are so helpful and friendly even the administrator came over and introduced himself and invited uses to a fabulous lunch. I never expected a facility to serve food like this. Even the waitress was friendly and came back to table to see if we wanted anything else. The building is very clean with no bad smells. I will be looking for a place myself in a few years and I hope the facility does not change for I will be moving in. I also am telling everyone I come in contact with about Leisure Point

Barbara L. K. January 15, 2014

I have consecutively had relatives at Leisure Pointe for a total of 11 years. As far as I am concerned, there is no better independent living facility in the area. The staff of the facility are exceptional, with the needs and concerns of the residents first and foremost at all times. The food is delicious, the facility is always clean, and every employee works to make all residents comfortable, safe and happy. The facility director is always available to address any concerns or questions presented by the residents or their family members. My mother is very happy, and I am so relaxed and comfortable knowing she is residing in such a wonderful establishment. I highly recommend Leisure Pointe to anyone looking for excellent senior living. If you are looking for a wonderful independent living experience for yourself or a loved one, please be sure to look at Leisure Pointe before going anywhere else.

Joan38 December 24, 2013

I have been a resident for over 4 years. During that time, I had the opportunity to use all of the service offered. I am happy to say I have been given the best of care from all of the staff.

Patricia48 December 13, 2013

When is a manager not a manager. When he’s a dining room server! We were short our servers came in & “beautifully” serviced. Here is a man who cares about his staff & his “guests” residents.

Caring23561 December 13, 2013

All services are very satisfactory to me.

Dessert First Always!! October 10, 2013

This facility truly is "five star". Staff, managed by Mr. Carlton, are well taught in their respective positions to be courteous, kind, considerate, and above all, alert to the conditions and needs of residents. Mr. Carlton maintains high standards for all employees, insures that we have the finest of food, entertainment, transportation, activities, and overall good care. I highly recommend this facility for the quality of life and care under the director, Mr. Carlton's watchful eye as to each resident's individual needs.

oreomm October 05, 2013

My mom has been here for two years. Food housekeeping and staff are excellent. Planned activities posted on large board. Residents are given monthly schedule of "going ons" and Menu. Transportation provided for banking Doctor etc. Staff will call family members if they think mom needs something. Clean ,safe facility for people who need a little extra help or just dont want to cook any longer. Large rooms for playing games and social activity. Friendly residents.

Grateful 4 August 23, 2013

I am amazed how well they treated my loved one. They are all so pleasant and go way above and beyond to make sure all our needs were met on moving in. My loved one is a new resident but so far I am pleased from what I have seen. Thank you!

Barbara 12 August 19, 2013

I have had relatives at Leisure Pointe for total of 11 years. My mother is a resident now and a finer facility you cannot find. The staff is wonderful and the food is excellent. I would highly recommend this facility.

Raschelle August 10, 2013

I visited Leisure Pointe and when I walked to their door I wanted to pretty much turn around and walk back out again. The place is very, very old and it smelled old building and old people. It's kind of nauseating.

Caring5920 June 14, 2013

Leisure Pointe is a 5-star place and it was top notch. I love it. The staff were polite and caring. The people there were always happy and they were just full of joy. They always have trips. They take you were you need to go. They had always something to do.

Toofan456 June 21, 2012

Leisure Point is an assisted living facility in California.I had a really great experience. I had been looking for an assisted care home for my GRANDFATHER.This is an amazing place, from the moment you walk in the door you're greeted with a smile and the staff is warm and friendly.The common areas are beautifully decorated and the rooms and apartments are also beautiful. I like this place and every thing about there and would recommend it to my friend's also.

familygirl90 January 06, 2012

I had a really great experience. I had been looking for an assisted care home for my grandmother, and I visited this place, and it was just so nice, and the staff was just so friendly.

larry14r October 03, 2011

I have called Leisure Pointe, and the staff was so nice, and answering all of my questions. I have heard other people talk about the place, and I thought I should call them up, and to know more about it which I am glad I did. So keep up the good work.

jaims70 September 10, 2011

Leisure Pointe is an assisted living facility in Southern California. The facility is clean, well-maintained and the staff is friendly. My grandmother lived there, and she had a small one bedroom apartment with a bathroom. Safety chains are located in the bathroom in case residents have an emergency and need help. Meals are served three times per day, and residents eat their meals together in a restaurant type setting. The facility offers residents daily activities such as exercise classes to stay physically active, art and craft activities, and field trips that they all take together on a bus. Leisure Point is an affordable option for elderly people who need a bit more help than they are able to get at home. The staff makes sure that residents take whatever needed medication is taken daily and on schedule, and they check on residents to make sure that they are safe. Leisure Pointe is an affordable assisted living facility. The only drawback is that it does not offer a memory care center for residents who continue to mentally deteriorate due to dementia and or Alzheimer's Disease. They must be relocated to a different facility if they need more attention and care, so if a resident continues to get weaker and sicker, Leisure Point will not be able to effectively accommodate the resident. For the elderly person who needs minimal care and can basically live on his or her own, Leisure Point is a great choice.

From Leisure Pointe

Leisure Pointe offers compassionate senior care in San Bernardino, CA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Leisure Pointe shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in San Bernardino, CA.

Dog Park area for residents with pets - independently contracted care givers that provide medication management as well as care. Two pianos; one located in dining hall and a baby grand located in the lobby. Lively events!

Features of Leisure Pointe

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: California

• Vegetarian

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Private services