Leisure Pointe

1371 Parkside Drive, San Bernardino, CA, 92404

Reviews of Leisure Pointe

January 10, 2017

By Ebonie023446

I chose Leisure Pointe because it felt comfortable and inviting. The people were really nice, informative about their property and pricing, and very detailed on what my loved one would receive. They had a chapel, library, cafeteria, and little extracurricular activities for the seniors to go out on little adventures. They had cable, three meals a day, medication distribution if needed, reminders on any appointments, medications, and any special activities that seniors had coming up at that moment in time. The food was actually pretty good.

December 06, 2016

By Mom is home

Where to begin, there are so many good things to say it's hard to know where to begin. We knew it was time for mom to move to at least independent living, but that still didn't make it easy. She didn't really want to move and some places we looked at were down right depressing. Then Mom found Leisure point. I was hesitant about the location, but don't let that deter you any. This place is amazing! When you visit you will find the residents to be kind and welcoming. My mom joked, they must have paid them. But no, it is simply a reflection of an amazing staff and facility. The rooms are bright and excellent sized, with plenty of light. The facility is clean with no trace of that unpleasant odor you find at many facilities. The staff, oh I wish you could see my smile. They have been amazing. Paula helped us and kindly and patiently answered all our questions. Her assistance with the transition and move made it one of the easiest I've ever had. Even the welcome basket was perfect, all those little things you know you packed and can't find right as you get there. Tangi was warm and welcoming in the dining room and the office. Dear Kenya was so kind and even stopped by to make sure my mother and the rest of us were doing well and in need of nothing on move in day. The chef and staff are to be commended. The food is nothing short of extraordinary. We are looking forward to visiting and enjoying many meals with mom there. My mom went from hesitant and guarded about the dreaded move to laughing and wondering why she ever had any doubts about the move at all. Thank you Leisure Point for making our whole family feel welcomed and cared for.

May 22, 2016

By CruzROCAL

I chose Leisure Pointe for my sister-in-law. Her studio apartment is really nice and big enough. It has four closets, a living room, kitchen, the bedroom, and a bathroom with all the facilities needed. The staff is great and offer all kinds of services. They are also affordable. She does not participate in many activities, but she loves it over there. The dining area is beautiful, and she likes the food.

May 11, 2016

By Gayle27

My sister-in-law moved into Leisure Pointe. Everybody is really friendly, welcoming, and very nice. The facility is very nice. The food is good.

March 27, 2016

By Darlene37

Leisure Pointe was excellent. The coordinator was excellent, very nice, didn’t rush, and explained everything to us. I liked the place. The facilities and apartments were clean and modern with nice, new carpets. I liked the variety of age groups and the food. The staff was attentive. It was a nice, decent place. I saw Bible studies going on and people playing cards. There were a lot of activities going on.

March 19, 2016

By Bri3

Leisure Pointe would be a good fit for my dad, the surrounding was not so good, but the facility is very nice, and it is good for the price as well. I think they are doing an excellent job. The food is exquisite, and really quite good. However, the carpet really needs to be cleaned.

March 26, 2015

By Fantastic Experience

I recently visited Leisure Point to find a comfortable and safe community for my Mom, when I called I was warmly and promptly greeted and secured an appointment for a tour. On my tour the staff was very nice, the community was nice and everyone was very supportive in my efforts to find a community for my Mom. I was offered lunch and I at first I declined, but then thought maybe I should try to see what Mom would be eating. The food was OUTSTANDING, I took a sample to my Mom and she loved! it. I want to say that the Director, Mr. Kenya was excellent in explaining the details and working to meet the needs myself and my family have for my Mom. This was a great experience. It made me feel good to find people in that actually care about our seniors and are not just going through the motions

July 31, 2014

By Jo14

Leisure Pointe responded to my inquiry and invited me to come by and take a look and I did. It was nice, clean and people were friendly. I liked the fact that the residents seemed happy. The staff was very nice and helpful. They answered all my questions. They had a very spacious one-bedroom apartment with balcony and kitchen. It had a large bathroom with security bars, a nice step-in tub and a shower. It was also very clean. I ate there, the food was great and I understand they had three professional chefs on staff. They had many activities like movie nights, bingo, weekly trips to local places, and transportation to medical facilities. I would recommend them to others.

July 24, 2014

By Happy visitor

This place is great beautiful home for my mom wonderful food lots of great activities always kept up really nice always smells great and very friendly staff the executive director and marketer Paula were very friendly and accommodated all my needs great place

March 31, 2014

By missSassy

Other

This place is awesome, the executive director is very friendly and intelligent. I love everything about this place, but the food, they should've had options for vegetarian more. :)

February 05, 2014

By Happy daughter of resident

My mother moved into Leisure Pointe almost a year and a half ago. Our family was welcomed by a warm, caring staff upon move in. We just assumed the warm ness would soon wear off but this staff is consistently caring, helpful and enthusiastic. The options of care were very attractive to us knowing mom would not have to move from one site to another as more care is needed. We could not be happier for moms placement as she really really likes living here. Thank you to the entire staff for your love and caring personalities. Candy

January 31, 2014

My mother had stayed at Leisure Pointe for about two years. The staff was great. They were very friendly and helpful. The food was good. She had a private room with a small kitchenette. They had a variety of activities. My mother's favorite was bingo and they brought in a lot of entertainment. They also had religious services.

January 17, 2014

By Teddy S

WOW! I went to Leisure Point to visit my uncle and was surprised. I was not expecting to see and here the way the staff was towards me or my family. They are so helpful and friendly even the administrator came over and introduced himself and invited uses to a fabulous lunch. I never expected a facility to serve food like this. Even the waitress was friendly and came back to table to see if we wanted anything else. The building is very clean with no bad smells. I will be looking for a place myself in a few years and I hope the facility does not change for I will be moving in. I also am telling everyone I come in contact with about Leisure Point

January 15, 2014

By Barbara L. K.

I have consecutively had relatives at Leisure Pointe for a total of 11 years. As far as I am concerned, there is no better independent living facility in the area. The staff of the facility are exceptional, with the needs and concerns of the residents first and foremost at all times. The food is delicious, the facility is always clean, and every employee works to make all residents comfortable, safe and happy. The facility director is always available to address any concerns or questions presented by the residents or their family members. My mother is very happy, and I am so relaxed and comfortable knowing she is residing in such a wonderful establishment. I highly recommend Leisure Pointe to anyone looking for excellent senior living. If you are looking for a wonderful independent living experience for yourself or a loved one, please be sure to look at Leisure Pointe before going anywhere else.

December 24, 2013

By Joan38

I have been a resident for over 4 years. During that time, I had the opportunity to use all of the service offered. I am happy to say I have been given the best of care from all of the staff.

December 13, 2013

By Patricia48

When is a manager not a manager. When he’s a dining room server! We were short our servers came in & “beautifully” serviced. Here is a man who cares about his staff & his “guests” residents.

December 13, 2013

All services are very satisfactory to me.

October 10, 2013

By Dessert First Always!!

This facility truly is "five star". Staff, managed by Mr. Carlton, are well taught in their respective positions to be courteous, kind, considerate, and above all, alert to the conditions and needs of residents. Mr. Carlton maintains high standards for all employees, insures that we have the finest of food, entertainment, transportation, activities, and overall good care. I highly recommend this facility for the quality of life and care under the director, Mr. Carlton's watchful eye as to each resident's individual needs.

October 05, 2013

By oreomm

My mom has been here for two years. Food housekeeping and staff are excellent. Planned activities posted on large board. Residents are given monthly schedule of "going ons" and Menu. Transportation provided for banking Doctor etc. Staff will call family members if they think mom needs something. Clean ,safe facility for people who need a little extra help or just dont want to cook any longer. Large rooms for playing games and social activity. Friendly residents.

August 23, 2013

By Grateful 4

I am amazed how well they treated my loved one. They are all so pleasant and go way above and beyond to make sure all our needs were met on moving in. My loved one is a new resident but so far I am pleased from what I have seen. Thank you!

August 19, 2013

By Barbara 12

I have had relatives at Leisure Pointe for total of 11 years. My mother is a resident now and a finer facility you cannot find. The staff is wonderful and the food is excellent. I would highly recommend this facility.

August 10, 2013

By Raschelle

I visited Leisure Pointe and when I walked to their door I wanted to pretty much turn around and walk back out again. The place is very, very old and it smelled old building and old people. It's kind of nauseating.

June 14, 2013

Leisure Pointe is a 5-star place and it was top notch. I love it. The staff were polite and caring. The people there were always happy and they were just full of joy. They always have trips. They take you were you need to go. They had always something to do.

June 21, 2012

By Toofan456

Leisure Point is an assisted living facility in California.I had a really great experience. I had been looking for an assisted care home for my GRANDFATHER.This is an amazing place, from the moment you walk in the door you're greeted with a smile and the staff is warm and friendly.The common areas are beautifully decorated and the rooms and apartments are also beautiful. I like this place and every thing about there and would recommend it to my friend's also.

January 06, 2012

By familygirl90

I had a really great experience. I had been looking for an assisted care home for my grandmother, and I visited this place, and it was just so nice, and the staff was just so friendly.

October 03, 2011

By larry14r

Other

I have called Leisure Pointe, and the staff was so nice, and answering all of my questions. I have heard other people talk about the place, and I thought I should call them up, and to know more about it which I am glad I did. So keep up the good work.

September 10, 2011

By jaims70

Leisure Pointe is an assisted living facility in Southern California. The facility is clean, well-maintained and the staff is friendly. My grandmother lived there, and she had a small one bedroom apartment with a bathroom. Safety chains are located in the bathroom in case residents have an emergency and need help. Meals are served three times per day, and residents eat their meals together in a restaurant type setting. The facility offers residents daily activities such as exercise classes to stay physically active, art and craft activities, and field trips that they all take together on a bus. Leisure Point is an affordable option for elderly people who need a bit more help than they are able to get at home. The staff makes sure that residents take whatever needed medication is taken daily and on schedule, and they check on residents to make sure that they are safe. Leisure Pointe is an affordable assisted living facility. The only drawback is that it does not offer a memory care center for residents who continue to mentally deteriorate due to dementia and or Alzheimer's Disease. They must be relocated to a different facility if they need more attention and care, so if a resident continues to get weaker and sicker, Leisure Point will not be able to effectively accommodate the resident. For the elderly person who needs minimal care and can basically live on his or her own, Leisure Point is a great choice.

Photos of Leisure Pointe

Features of Leisure Pointe

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Home Sale Assistance

• Vegetarian

• Licenses: California

About Leisure Pointe

Leisure Pointe offers compassionate senior care in San Bernardino, CA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Leisure Pointe shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in San Bernardino, CA.

Dog Park area for residents with pets - independently contracted care givers that provide medication management as well as care. Two pianos; one located in dining hall and a baby grand located in the lobby. Lively events!

Map of Leisure Pointe