Villa De San Antonio | Independent Living

8103 N Hollow Dr, San Antonio, TX, 78240

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Villa De San Antonio | Independent Living

Anonymous115083750 October 29, 2015

Villa De San Antonio is independent living, but they also have assisted living. They are going to build an Alzheimer's unit; they do not have one yet. The staff is very friendly, very competent, and so are the residents. They are also very friendly. The food is just amazing. They had a choir. They had poker, card games, bridge, pinochle, exercise classes, and a lot of everything. The unit I have is a one-bedroom. It is very roomy. It is long and narrow with a big walk-in closet. Most of the units have built in washer and dryer. I have a complete, nice-sized kitchen with lots of storage. I will definitely recommend them.

Caring111657450 August 21, 2015

We visited Villa De San Antonio for my mother. It was very nice; however, just from the looks of it, my sister and I could tell that this place is probably out of our financial range, and it was. Their staff was very nice, very pleasant, and very informative. Villa De San Antonio was one place where I really didn’t have any problem with after looking at it or anything; it was just outside our price range. Their dining room was very similar to where my mother is now in, in that it was open at certain hours of the day where they could go in and dine in there anytime between those hours. Also they offered a variety in their menu.

Caring106405450 June 06, 2015

Villa De San Antonio is a fairly new complex. I saw an efficiency apartment with no kitchen. It’s a beautiful complex, but I did not like the community because of the fact that they move people around as they deteriorate.

Caring106206950 May 04, 2015

My parents live at Villa De San Antonio. They love it there. They do like it there a lot. A lot of the people that live there are the types of people that are civil service professionals -- e.g., teachers -- and my mother was a teacher. They have a really nice cathedral. My mother is very Catholic, and that was one of the things that sold her onto the place. It is very clean. It doesn't smell like urine. It is like a hotel when you go in there. They have a central dining room. The food wasn't very good at first, but it has gotten a lot better. They seem to have a lot of activities. There seems to be a really good sense of community there. However, I wish there were a little more activities for the guys. It just seems like there are a lot more activities that women would do than what guys would do.

Vince4 September 30, 2014

Villa De San Antonio was excellent in all respect. The only problem we had was that it was quite a bit more expensive than we anticipated. However, the facility itself was very nice. I would say it had a friendly hotel atmosphere. It wasn't homey because it was impossible to make one of those places homey, but it had a very pleasant atmosphere. The people there were very nice. They seemed to know one another and they were very friendly with one another. The lady who showed us around knew everybody. The facility itself physically was terrific. It was fairly new. The choices of apartments from small to very large apartments were very good and you had plenty of choice. They were all bright and very nice. We found nothing that we didn't like. They did have quite a bit of activities. They had their own church on the property. They had a restaurant and we saw the menu; the food was very nice. We could have lived there very easily, if I could afford it.

Gaye2 September 23, 2014

We choose Villa de San Antonio because of the package that they offer and because the facility is very nice. My husband and I live in a cottage. It is four units or individual houses attached. We have two bedrooms, two baths, a dining, a living area, a little sunroom and a patio. The grounds are very nice. There is a large building with apartments. They also have assisted living. They have activities going on and even have a movie theater in the main building. There is a multi-purpose room where they play games and do different things. They have a dining area, and they have very good food. Everybody is very friendly and accommodating. It is located very close to the medical center.

Iris3 June 30, 2014

Villa de San Antonio is what we are looking for. We liked the place and enjoyed what we saw. We’ve been working with the sales manager, and she has been fantastic: accommodating, helpful, and cooperative. We have met the executive director as well. They have a whole range of healthcare programs and activities, like social hours. The food is absolutely excellent. The meals are prepared by a chef and you have so many choices. You can order from the selective menu any time of the day from 11am – 7pm. Everything they have is a 5, or I will rate them a higher rating.

Sally15 September 25, 2013

Villa De San Antonia is a very nice place, but they are just every expensive. They take you to your appointments. They pay for everything except for your phone and they have a house cleaning service that comes in once a week. They have a lot of amenities but it will take my whole check.

emrfd November 04, 2011

Villa de San Antonio has a great location for assisted living residents. It's very close to the medical center downtown and nearby the UT Health Science Center. Housing is more basic than some other retirement communities I've seen. For example, they only offer kitchenettes for assisted living residents, instead of full, complete kitchens. The kitchenette has a mini-refrigerator, microwave, and sink. There is no oven, and no regular-sized refrigerator. Independent living and cottage homes have more amenities compared to assisted living units. On the plus side, Villa de San Antonio has a large library, movie theater, pool, and chapel for residents. The Villa also offers planned social outings, exercise classes, computer center, and fitness center. Their pool classes (such as water aerobics) are a great idea for increased mobility and bodyweight fitness. Villa also schedules group outings to various San Antonio events such as live music concerts, wine tastings, and arts and crafts events. Villa has quality care for assisted living, however, they do require an upfront fee for continuing care.

From Villa De San Antonio

The Villa de San Antonio campus is a warm and friendly community that offers members a variety of lifestyle options and flexible services. This includes the active, carefree lifestyle of the cottage homes; service-enriched living in our spacious independent living apartment homes and an array of supportive care services within our assisted living area. At Villa de San Antonio, members, associates and their families enjoy Kisco's signature The Art of Living Well℠ culture by sharing their passions and satisfying their sense of belonging and friendship.

Features of Villa De San Antonio

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in residence

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Villa De San Antonio