The Waterford at Thousand Oaks

4243 Thousand Oaks, San Antonio, TX, 78217

Reviews of The Waterford at Thousand Oaks

Caring daughter in law1 May 11, 2016

The staff was excellent at the Waterford. The residents looked happy, busy and have been very engaging with each other. It seemed like there were more women than men.

Jan G. January 30, 2016

We visited The Waterford for my mother. The tour guide was very knowledgeable. The entrance was very open, and airy. I enjoyed the lunch. I met with some of the staff, and some of the residents. I liked the room choices. The facility was expensive, but reasonably-priced. Overall, it may be next to the top-pick for my mom. They had a recreational director, too. At that time, we walked in on a group that was learning about the iPad. Somebody would come in once a week, and give a class on that. They would take you to medical appointments, too.

AlliefWilliam December 30, 2015

My mother has lived at Waterford for eight months now. She loves the food and companionship she has found there. She is residing in a one bedroom apartment with her own furniture. They provide cleaning service weekly including washing bed and bath linens. Washing machines for everyone's use are provided. She enjoys participating in the exercise and walking classes. And she loves the Bingo games.

Florence16 November 25, 2015

I love The Waterford and has everything I need. Transportation is very good, and they have a lot of activities, which I like. The staff is very helpful and has always been very considerate. Sometimes I don't like the food because it's something I don't like orI don't like the way it's made, but for the most part, it's OK. Living in a community where there are many people, you can't satisfy everybody all the time. I like the different choices offered; they do an ala-carte menu in addition to their daily menu. I've been in three different apartments in this place. One was the smallest size they offer and was very comfortable when I first moved in, but I started needing more medical supplies and found it got cramped. The medium-sized one didn't have enough closet space, which was the only problem I had in that room. In the room I'm have now, the closet is very large, and there's also a coat closet, so there is plenty of space to store stuff. We play bingo twice a week and Pokeno once a week. They have a happy hour plus some other activity every Friday, transportation to church if you want to go, and transportation to Walmart and HEB once a week. They also have what they call quick errands twice a week, and you can go to the bank, the post office, to get your watch repaired, to one of those places to get your hemlines fixed, or other places like that. You can go almost anywhere. We have a walking group who walk inside the building because we have a lot of handicapped seniors and it is better for them to walk on a smooth surface. They walk the building and every hall three times a week. I would like a pool, but I don't think that's going to happen. We do use the community pool; we have access to it, I believe, three times a week. They'll transport us to the pool Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, or about three times a week when it's open during the season because it's an outside pool. They also have an exercise room available whenever you want to use it and exercise classes five days a week. You use it at your own risk, but we do have it. We have weights, bikes, and one of those walking machines.

Caring Daughter28 October 19, 2015

I like the layout of the room at the Waterford. It was smaller. The grounds was way down on the northeast side of town. It’s pretty well established, old and kind of rundown too.

Michael110956550 August 12, 2015

The Waterford is a good community. It has excellent amenities and services. My mother's room is good, the staff is good, everybody is really good. It's just that she doesn't like it. We put her there because there's a life there. They have events, games, exercise, libraries, bingo, they take the elderly out, and even some residents have their own cars. Each resident has their own room, and they also have rooms for husbands and wives. They provide different rooms for different types of budgets. They have a suite that has a bedroom, a living room, and a little kitchen area. My mom is in one room that has a little refrigerator.

Mary110357150 July 04, 2015

My mother-in-law moves in The Waterford at Thousand Oaks. We like it primarily because it is close to the residence of her children. It is convenient for the family. The facility is clean and bright. The services seem to be comprehensive. The price is right, and you do not make a long-term commitment.

They have various activities. They make postcards. They have an exercise group, and they go out to lunch sometimes. Her room is spacious.

Caring106405450 June 06, 2015

I visited The Waterford. It was clean. I liked it better, but it was too far away.

Gary35 June 11, 2014

The Waterford looked like a nice place. I talked to some residents there, and they liked it. It’s independent living, but they do have some facilities for assisted as needed. It has a nice feel. It’s clean and friendly. Mom is in a smaller studio. They did have better options, but that was what she needed. That has her own room with a separate bathroom and a little kitchenette. They serve food, and it’s actually very good. I’ve eaten there a few times myself. They have something going on every day.

Caring74842250 January 18, 2014

I had been out to The Waterford several times. It was a very nice place. I liked it and the apartments were really nice. The staff was helpful and friendly. The food was very good. I liked the amount of activities they had because there were a lot of things to choose from. There was something to do every day out there. They had parties all the time for various occasion and I had been invited to all their events. They brought a lot of outside people for entertainment.However, the community was not familiar with me at all because I lived in the opposite direction. I would not consider living there because it was too far from where I lived. I don't know the area and I don't think I would be comfortable out there.

Lance3 September 26, 2013

I love the place. They really have a nice set up. Everybody was really friendly there. The place is clean and everybody was organized. It also got a nice location. I might end up being at Waterford when I need a facility. I would surely recommend this facility.

From The Waterford at Thousand Oaks

Remember The Waterford at Thousand Oaks for Independent Living in San Antonio, Texas. Our blend of desired amenities and convenient services offers residents a vibrant lifestyle with the independence they expect and deserve. From thoughtfully designed studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans to myriad recreational and social opportunities including ice cream socials, happy hours and movie nights, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our apartments boast vaulted ceilings and walk-in closets as special touches to make residents feel right at home. Four-legged friends will find comfort in our community, as well, with an onsite pet park where owners can share stories while dogs run and play in San Antonio’s gorgeous weather. Our San Antonio ZIP code means there are plenty of entertainment and recreational opportunities outside of the fun our residents have each and every day at The Waterford. Residents who want to escape to any number of local and chain restaurants in the surrounding city can take advantage of our car and 22-passenger bus or use VIA bus, which runs right by our gated community.

Features of The Waterford at Thousand Oaks