Madison Estates

8645 Fredericksburg Rd, San Antonio, TX, 78240

Reviews of Madison Estates

JoanneOYXCO May 21, 2016

Madison Estates was very nice and clean. I did not like that it’s an older facility, and the hallway and the entryway into the apartment seemed dark. It just didn’t have the natural light that would make it seem like a cheerful place, but they were very friendly, nice and accommodating.

Caring daughter in law1 May 11, 2016

Madison Estates was very nice but the sales person was just really a turn off as he put a little pressure. The people there didn’t look happy and the walking was pretty spread out. They were unorganized and unprofessional.

JackCILIE May 11, 2016

I visited Madison Estates, which had been there since 1980. I loved the layout of the swimming pool and the architecture. The rooms were very nice, and I liked the location. The staff was very nice, very kind, and very welcoming. I would recommend it. I was very happy with the facilities and thought they were very nice.

Joanne118963850 January 19, 2016

The staff at Madison Estates was very friendly. It’s kind of a long way to walk to the dining rooms; there’s one on the third floor. I liked the storage options. You get big room, like a locker room, where you can have a space to put suitcases and Christmas decorations and stuff. I’m in my 70s, and I know there are younger people, but it seemed to me that the residents were more in their 80s. I would consider that place in a few years. They have an outside swimming pool and a green house that a group of high schools students took on as a project. It’s really nice for people who like to garden and get outside and sit. I have nothing negative to say about my visit there.

Nadene December 22, 2015

Madison Estates is beautiful. The atmosphere there is pleasant, and I liked it. They showed us a one-bedroom, and it’s a little small. The food is very good there. I have no complaints.

anonymous115963950 November 22, 2015

I liked everything about Madison Estates. I met the activities director, and he’s very friendly. I liked the fact that the manager is on the premises. I intend to go back and have lunch there. If you travel, you can stay in one of their branches in different parts of the country.

Eunice G. November 16, 2015

Madison Estates was very nice and they had a gym. I sat at a table with some of the residents, and they were able to give me a lot of information that you might not get from a marketing person. It was very pleasant. It had a nice swimming pool and a big room for activities. The dining room was very nice. You sit at the table with a menu that you mark what you would like to have, and they'll go fix it for you. It took a little longer than the other places because the food had to be made for you. The place didn't seem quite as fresh as the others I visited when you walk in. It needed updating, but it's certainly sufficient and the people were OK. It just needed some bright colors.

Anonymous115083750 October 29, 2015

Madison Estate was very nice also. It was a little bit older. I didn't believe the apartments were quite as big, but they had a lot of things to offer also. The staff was very nice. The food was excellent.

Julia18 August 31, 2015

We had our name on a list at Madison Estates. They had a dietitian and a chef on-staff there. The rooms were nice, but they didn't have an apartment big enough for us. Then, my husband passed away, and I didn't go over there because they didn't have assisted living, which I thought I needed. They had a chapel where all denominations could participate. I would recommend them because of the food, the chef who does the cooking, and the two couple who were the executive directors over there.

Caring109922250 July 04, 2015

I chose to be at Madison Estates. The staff is fine. We have a cleaning staff that cleans our apartment once a week. We also have kitchen staffs who serve us. The management is great, and they have a great activities director. They have three meals a day. It’s a quite nice facility.

Caring106405450 June 06, 2015

We put mother at Madison Estates. We chose it because it’s more family-oriented, and she has her own place; she can come and go if she wishes. She can stay there until end of life with home health. I know they have a lot of games, and they keep their residents busy.

The room is very nice for a 1-bedroom. She has more room in it than she had in her 2-bedroom that she had before. She has the choice to be in the dining room, but they bring her her meals. I’ve eaten there several times, and their food is very good. They provide 3 meals a day for a much cheaper price. I’m very happy with it.

Walter22 April 07, 2015

My sister is at Madison Estates, and she really likes it. Everything is great. The food is very good. The room is smaller, but it is great. They have activities like bingo, sewing, and quilting. I do not think they have to improve on anything.

Caring89555050 December 28, 2014

Madison Estates is very nice, and the people are very nice. The staff is very knowledgeable and courteous, wonderful people. I only saw the model room, and it was very nice and clean.

The overall appearance is very nice; it’s kind of resort-like. But one thing I didn’t like was that they have water damage. I could smell the mildew, and my nose is very sensitive and allergic to mildew.

Caring98842850 December 18, 2014

Madison Estates said that they didn’t take assisted living after all, but they have a company on campus who would take care of those people who need assisted living, and I thought that was great. The price for the apartment was good, and it was setup really well. The one that I saw that I liked very much is that it had a separate bedroom from the living room, and it had a mini kitchen with a microwave and a small refrigerator. Only the thing is they neglected to tell me that I would have to pay my rent myself until my insurance kicked in. They didn’t name any activities per se, but they do have crafts, sing alongs, movies, and trips.

Caring98686250 December 18, 2014

My mom is in Madison Estates. It is a nice facility, and it is less expensive. Her room is very nice and spacious. She has a nice size living area, a kitchenette, and a bedroom, and it is roomy. The staff is good. They do a good job there. My mom plays cards like bridge. She goes to some of the exercise classes. She doesn't leave the place with a group or anything because she is in a power chair, but they do have a lot of activities like that for the people who want to go. However, it is a retirement community. It is not assisted living or anything like that, so they don't have a wheelchair capable vehicle. So, that's the drawback for her, but there is enough of us around that we can take her places if she needs to go.

Bud2 October 16, 2014

We were able to visit Madison Estates a couple of times, and the facility looked very good. We have eaten there twice and the food is really good, but the dining room was very crowded.

Willie2 September 23, 2014

My mother moved into a retirement community called Madison (Madison Estates). We chose it because we just like the facilities that they have available for my mother. They have a very good staff. She has the meals there and they are very good. They do have activities there. They have bingo and church services. They have a fitness center. They have a lot of options. They take them to Wal-Mart. They take them to different places and different outings and so forth. The cleanliness of it is very nice. It is very clean. My mother's room is very spacious.

Marianella August 28, 2014

My mother is at Madison Estates where she has a group that has been taking care of her. She moved in there last July 1st. It is really independent living, but they have two groups that residents could choose from -- you have to pay extra for the assisted part, which is what my mom is doing right now. They work with two different companies and one is called Texas Heartfelt, which is the one that my mom chose. The young woman that I did visit with -- her first name is Dianne -- was very gentle, understanding, and positive. She had a lot of wonderful ideas and I didn't feel like I was rushing her and she didn't make me feel like I needed to be rushing. That was the beginning, and it was wonderful. They also offered something my mother desperately needed for her to be able to feel at home. My mother is a gardener and she needs to get her fingers dirty. In this particular facility, a few of the apartments had private backyards. So she has a private backyard for herself. It is small, but perfect. She has herbs and roses that she has planted herself. Another thing was that the people who are there looked like they enjoy their work. They do not look like they are grouchy; they just looked like they enjoy being with older people. They actually offer to help even when the person doesn't ask. They'd come over to you and ask, "Are you lost, do you need some help, or do you want me to take you some place?" They are absolutely wonderful. There is a maintenance man who comes straight from heaven because he is really very patient, loving and caring for my mom. I know he does that for other people as well, and not just my mom. She calls for whatever silliness she feels that she needs and he makes time in his day to go and check out whatever she needs and he does it for her without complaining. He is just wonderful. What I am saying is that the people who work there are a very loving group of people and they don't do it because they are getting a paycheck; they do it because they like to.

They have very nice lobby areas including a baby grand piano -- the people who are there and know how to play would sit down and often during the day, you could hear somebody playing music. Sometimes it is the residents or the workers -- at other times, it is some artist from San Antonio who they have come to perform for them. They have a lot of flower pots on the patio and each resident, if they like, can choose a pot to take care of or they adopt the pot. The place is clean, and although it is not a new place -- it is an older building -- it is well-maintained indoors and out. It has a swimming pool that I am happy with for my mom. This swimming pool has salt water, not chlorine. They have a wonderful chef. As a matter of fact, he has given my mom recipes, but I don't know if he does this for everybody, because each person has their own kitchen in their apartments. It is not a big kitchen, but it has all the amenities. It has a regular size oven and stove -- I mean, it is not really big, but it has four burners, and a regular size refrigerator that has a freezer on top and the refrigerator on the bottom. You have to buy your own microwave or coffee pot though. Once a week, somebody comes to the apartment and cleans it for them -- it is included. If she wants more attention, she'll pay for somebody to do more. So, they come and change her bed -- the linens and towels are done for free. If you use their linens and towels, they will wash them and change your bed and towels every week. The facility is four stories tall, and there is always someone there. I think they have live-in managers in each building. They live there, so they get to know the residents and, in case of an emergency, there is more of a personal touch. They also have a bus that would take my mom to doctor's appointments, and I think most places help the older people to get food by taking them to the market. Also, they have a pendant for my mom to use in case she needs help or if she is in the shower and they have another emergency one in the bathroom. She has her own phone number that they actually pay for. My mom doesn't pay for her own phone, the only thing is that if she calls outside of the 210 area, she would have to pay for the call. I call her directly through her telephone line. The whole building has Wi-Fi, except in each apartment. I mean, if they want Wi-Fi or special television channels, they would have to actually contract one of the companies that does these things. So far, I haven't had any reason to complain and I am very happy with it. I have nothing but positive things to say about this place. Of course, my mother has been there for two months, but for these two months, I have been very pleased.

Joyce43 July 20, 2014

Madison Estates was a little older. It was probably built in 1974 or 1975, but don't get me wrong, it was nice and clean. They had a very nice young lady who would show you around and help you moved in. They were willing to change the price. If it was a little bit more than what you could afford, they would come down a little, and that was helpful to a lot of people. They had some adjustable rates that they could give you. They only had apartments, and you could have one bedroom or two bedrooms. They had good activities there. They do exercises. They had a swimming pool. They had Catholic and Protestant services every week. They played cards a lot. They had little parties, like we had a fiesta here in San Antonio and they had a little fiesta party. They take them to grocery shops, have lunch, see movies, doctor's appointments, and little trips to small towns and quite a few different places here in San Antonio to see things. I was impressed because I thought the price was good for what you would have.I talked to a girl named Debbie Gloria and she was very nice. Some of the people that lived there came up and talked to me. Most of them that I talked to were really nice people and said they would really like me to come and things like that. They had three meals a day and they even let me eat lunch so I could taste what their food was like. They had a menu, and they served it in the dining room just like a restaurant. In other words, you could order from that menu. I was impressed with that.

Burdette July 19, 2014

Madison Estates' location was heavily trafficked. Also it was actually much bigger than other places, which made it more congested. They had five floors, so it was more like a hotel. Their rooms were much larger. They have the normal activities. Parking, however, was around in the back of the place, which is a little farther for walking. We had lunch over there, and, being so large and congested, their tables were all pretty full. There were a lot more people. They were all very friendly, though.

Caring6501 June 27, 2014

Madison Estates was more for independent living, and I liked that they had a lot of things going on there. Actually, their rooms were a very good size. There were a lot of grounds. They had a lot of trees and plants.

Karen85123250 May 30, 2014

We went to several facilities, and Madison Estate was one of them. They provide a nice and comfortable living environment, and they have people there who are there around the clock to take good care of the residents' needs. I like that they provide three meals a day. It's very nice, and it has a pool and an exercise facility. The staff is great, as well as the environment, but it was just too big for my parents.

jan26 January 24, 2014

Lovely facility but with no vitality. It would be a great place for people who are not interested in an active life style but are content with a quiet life. I am more interested in an active, vital community. .

Laura8 November 22, 2012

I have no complaints about The Madison. They take very good care of their residents. My parents stayed there for a weekend and then decided to move in there permanently. My parents have a 2-bedroom apartment. They like everything about the place. They like the people and they feel very comfortable there.

From Madison Estates

Madison Estates is located in San Antonio, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Madison Estates for a visit...and stay!

Features of Madison Estates

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room