Independence Hill Retirement Resort Community

20450 Huebner Rd, San Antonio, TX, 78258

Reviews of Independence Hill Retirement Resort Community

Caring95130650 September 23, 2014

My children thought Independence Hill might be a good one because I had been sick and it could be a good one for me to be in for a while. I've been here for two and half months now. I got a nice 2-bedroom apartment. They have the most fantastic food I've ever had in my entire life. It is super good. The joke is I may have to move out of here because I'm gaining weight. I have not participated in activities because I have been sickly, but they have a bit of everything, like tours and swimming. I like the nice dining room. I would recommend this to others.

Richard85835350 July 07, 2014

We got into Independence Hill on the assumption that we might need to find a place for my wife as far as memory management. I am very allergic to tobacco smoke. But this place is not tobacco smoke-free. They have apartments, they have 4 units in a building, and then they have independent. Some of them are called cottages and some are just called houses. The upstairs apartments were side by side. It has the smallest elevator I've ever seen in my life. I think you can get 3 people in it. The hallways are small and dark.

Caring84360750 April 25, 2014

I've been to Independence Hill a couple of times. It was upscale and was really nice. I get mail from them all the time inviting me to social activities. They had a wide range of services, as the name implies from a good deal independent living place. If I remember right, they also had individual houses as well as rooms or apartments. They also have continuum of care, so that you could go from independent living to assisted living, and I think even to nursing home care. The rooms were very nice. They had some pretty good size rooms. I like the friendly demeanor of the people who live there. Not the staff, but the very nice folks. I met a number of them. It has a very good social environment. You got everything you need there.

From Independence Hill Retirement Resort Community

Designed for active adults 55+ who desire the freedom to really enjoy life; Independence Village gives you a life free of maintenance concerns, housekeeping chores and yard work. This gives you time to spend on recreation, learning new things, finding new hobbies or rekindling old ones, getting together with lifelong friends and making new ones.

Upon your visit, you will feel the friendly, warm and welcoming atmosphere as you experience the relaxed community spirit which provides an exceptional retreat from the demands of daily living. Retired or not, this is the best place to have the time to enjoy life to the fullest. You will be welcomed with open arms as a member of our Independence Village family and will wish you had come here sooner.

We are known for having an upbeat and positive atmosphere that instills a fun attitude in our community members and employees. This has proven to create active, exciting and fun-filled lifestyles year after year. This happens by truly knowing our community members, their families and their interests. Our mission of: “Caring to Create a Lifestyle that Nurtures the Spirit,” is evident as soon as you walk in the door. Community members continually mention how wonderful it feels to be known by name and cheerfully greeted with genuine interest. We pride ourselves in our casual approach and we are willing to make adjustments as times and needs change. Our ears are always open to our members’ desires, reassuring that we honestly care about their happiness and their decision to call Independence Village “home!”

Features of Independence Hill Retirement Resort Community