Franklin Park Sonterra

18323 Sonterra Place, San Antonio, TX, 78258

Reviews of Franklin Park Sonterra

Julia18 August 31, 2015

We lived in Franklin Park Sonterra. It had a beautiful location, but the food was terrible, and the staff was not cooperating at all. The apartments were fine. They had lots of activities -- Bridge, happy hour, and bingo. The staff and everybody should have more consideration, and I would not recommend it because it's very expensive.

Christy8 July 21, 2015

Franklin Park Sonterra was very nice. They had an amazing setup, but it was kind of large for my mother. I felt like she might get lost. It seemed to be very well run, and it was a beautiful facility. They gave me a wonderful tour. Everything was very clean. The staff seemed very nice. The apartments were nice, but they were a little bit smaller.

Caring106799750 May 15, 2015

Franklin Park Sonterra was close to my home, and they had lots of activities and services. They have exercise daily, Bingo, happy hour parties, and lots of special events. The people were very congenial and helpful. The room's floor plan is very easy, accessible, and well-organized, and they do have some storage. The rooms not spacious; they are small, and they could have more closets because the closets aren't very big. The dining area was very nice, and the food was excellent because we had lunch there. It is very clean, very well-decorated, very cheerful, and an overall very nice atmosphere. I was impressed by just the cleanliness of the staff and how colorful and cheerful the atmosphere is.

Richard85835350 June 27, 2014

It was a very nice tour of Franklin Park, especially for something you've never seen before. We were toured by the fellow who was in charge of the food service. So we obviously got a very good treatment of the dining room and all those areas and all the food and stuff that they provided. But we didn't eat there. The place has a full-size kitchen, and all appliances are there. You do not bring a refrigerator or stove. Basically, if you have a bed, you're in business. We were surprised that their smallest unit that they had we thought was pretty big.

Caring5554 January 30, 2013

Franklin Park Sonterra is fabulous. I would love my mother to be able to stay there, but she doesn't have the means. Everybody was very nice. They take the residents to a lot of places whenever they need to go someplace like doctor's appointments. Everybody is very friendly that I have come in contact with. My mother-in-law is in independent living, and I go to visit her. She's very happy there. It worked very well. She's in a very nice 2-bedroom apartment. It's very clean. Somebody comes in once a week to clean the bathroom and do the linens. I haven't eaten there, but I think it's okay. You can even order from a menu.

commercesd June 03, 2012

We decided to visit Franklin Park Sonterra Senior Living San Antonio assisted living facility as we really liked the area and it is convenient for my brother's friend's family. From the time we got there, we could see that this is a very high end living environment.

The building appeared very well maintained. The outer grounds featured a lovely courtyard with nice seating areas to enjoy.

The dining rooms were beautiful and elegant. The many activity rooms and lounges were all nicely decorated. The accommodations resembled what could be found in a high-end motel.The activities ranged from board games, to discussions, private reading, watching film and TV and many hosted events.

The staff is well-versed at taking care of a variety of types of people, from those who are not ambulatory - to people who have memory issues.

The outside activities they plan regularly include a comprehensive and wide array of everything from visiting local restaurant favorites, and the public library to day trips to nearby regions.

The living spaces were well-designed and spacious. All of the areas were pleasant to be in and we could see that the residents thought so, too. The furnishings and decor was quite luxurious.

They have planned exercise classes - but also offer residents to work out any time they wish. We liked that they encourage exercise and make staff available for assistance.

There was plenty of professional, yet friendly staff to take care of basic needs. Anyone who lived in this environment is sure to be quite content with the many amenities and activities here, while ensuring that all of their specific needs are met.

Happy Daughter2 November 16, 2011

I cannot begin to tell you what a CLASS ACT this Facility is. My father is hard to please, but he is happy there. Three meals a day have choices and TASTE GREAT without heavy Salt! Staff members are loving, caring, cheerful, and well qualified.

Activities for eveerone. Field trips, transport to Dr. Appointments. Rooms are wonderfully appointed and well thought out. If you have never heard of FRANKIN SR. LIVING PROPERTIES, you need to check them out. Specifically designed for Baby Boomer Sr. like nothing you have ever experienced! I am so impressed with Mr Franklin's vision and his determination to design senior retirement residences , including Independent living, Assisted Living and Memory care residents that are hands down IN A CLASS OF THIER OWN!

Our family is sleeping better and very content with Dad living there. What a huge blessing for us all!

From Franklin Park Sonterra

At Franklin Park Sonterra in San Antonio, you’ll enjoy a carefree independent and assisted living lifestyle with our apartment homes. Each home is artistically designed to capture a sense of style. Functionality mixed with luxurious details gives your home substance and beauty. Maintenance-free independent living lets you enjoy a refreshing lifestyle free from the burdens and stress of home ownership. Sonterra also features one of our San Antonio Assisted Living communities. Having Independent Living and Assisted Living residences at the same community gives our residents peace of mind, knowing additional care, assistance and services are available should needs change over time.

Independent Living Homes

• One-, two-, and two-bedroom + den luxury apartments
  • Variety of spacious floor plans
  • Fully equipped kitchens
  • Large master bedrooms and bathrooms
  • Private patios or balconies
  • Basic cable TV included
  • Full size washer and dryer provided in each apartment
  • Elevator accessible
  • Covered parking and garages available
  • Additional large private storage rooms available

Franklin Park Sonterra is located in San Antonio, Texas and is conveniently located near shopping, hospitals and medical centers. While living at Franklin Park you’ll feel like you’re a world away, but each retirement community is located within some of the most attractive cities. Shopping, museums, airports, entertainment, hospitals and education centers are just minutes away.

Features of Franklin Park Sonterra

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Golf
  • General store
  • Hiking trails
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Zumba, Water Aerobics

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: 142549

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Franklin Park Sonterra