Brookdale Patriot Heights

5000 Fawn Meadow, San Antonio, TX, 78240

Promotion ends in 18 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Patriot Heights

Anonymous101368350 January 29, 2015

Patriot Heights was very nice. I just did not like the location. The rooms were very nice, and the staff seemed nice as well. We had lunch there, and the dining room was very elegant.

Caring96400850 October 25, 2014

I am currently living at Patriot Heights, and I really like it here. I have a perfect size backyard for my dog, and I feel safe with that. The people are nice as well. This place here is great, and it is almost perfect. I can't say anything else I would want. The food is very good. They give you just enough, and I am very happy with that. They have a lot of activities. They have bingo and church services. They have a chapel and a library. They have a meat shop as well.

Beverly42 August 27, 2014

I liked Patriot Heights very much, but they don't go anyplace; they just stay right there. They go out for lunch once a week, and that is it. Their activities were very, very redundant. They all go out once a week to shop to the markets, and they will go out for lunch, and that is all they do. And, I am looking to go for a day trip, go out to the theater, the symphony, the opera or whatever. They don't seem to do these things. I thought their accommodations were very nice, and I liked their cottage homes. The staff member, Debra, was very, very nice, but she has left now and is no longer with them. They have quite a lot of turnover there. At one time, they seemed to be a lot more active than they are now. I checked their monthly calendar to see what they are doing, and it has really changed into sedentary activities.

Joyce43 July 20, 2014

We looked at Patriot Heights was a little bit classier and they were a little newer. It was closer to our medical center. So, it was close to doctors and medical stores. I liked that they had little cottages and little apartments. I was impressed with the little cottages because you could have two small pets and you had small backyard where you don't have to worry about cutting the grass because they took care of all of that. They had just refurbished it. It had new carpets, new paints and a little covered patio. However, they were a little bit expensive. They were about $1,200 more a month. They had little kitchenettes in their apartments and you could fix your breakfast if you wanted to or anything else because it had a little stove and a microwave. One thing about them was that they were not just independent living. If you had Alzheimer's or something, they had another facility right there in the same premises where they could transfer you to.They had an exercise room and a swimming pool. They took them to stores once or twice a week so they could do a little shopping if they wanted to although there wasn't a lot of cooking that you had to do. They had two meals a day that was included and if wanted a third meal in their dining room, you would have to pay.The lady that helped us and she was very good. She knew all about her job. She could answer anything I asked or my daughter asked for that matter.

Karen85123250 May 30, 2014

Patriot Heights is a very nice facility. It was more out of the country and more away from nature in this section, which we like. They have more property around it, and so if somebody wandered off, like my father, they have more protection in place. The food was excellent. The rooms were great. They only serve two meals a day.

Caring75816650 January 31, 2014

Patriot Heights was a small yet very warm and welcoming place. Anybody would be really lucky to go there. The facility looked very fine with me. The rooms were all fine. Also I enjoyed the people that were there.

Bobbie Sena July 25, 2013

Patriot Heights was just as good as the other facilities I visited. I love this place as far as I could tell from the outside. Just as far as a visit could tell, it was a perfection. It is also church-based and I like that. Even so, it is too far away from my doctor's and dentist's offices and from the veterinarian for my pet dog. I have a little dog and she is 13 years old and just like me, she doesn't look that old.

Judy20 April 30, 2013

This facility is very nice but since it's a little bit luxurious its price is a little high for me. I would recommend it to anybody who's interested in independent living. My only real reservation about them was the cost. They were very nice and they took time to show me around. I just looked at their apartments and they were gorgeous. But of course it's too much room for me for one person. I had lunch there and I enjoyed it. It's a beautiful place and I would recommend it to someone who can afford it.

Caring592 August 14, 2012

I find this facility have caring staff. We were greeted with great customer service. The first thing we noticed is that it did not smell like a nursing home. The other people living there looked happy and talked to us. It did not seem like other nursing home we visited, it seemed homely and have busy environment. We requested to have a meal and really enjoyed it. I would highly recommend this place to everyone. Go check out any nursing homes before your loved one goes. Go after hours and on weekends and ask other people that live there when you go. The people are really caring.

From Brookdale Patriot Heights

Brookdale Patriot Heights provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale Patriot Heights