Applewood Retirement Community | Salem, OR

309 Lancaster Drive, Salem, OR, 97301

Reviews of Applewood Retirement Community | Salem, OR

Mary115677550 October 29, 2015

I was really impressed with Applewood. It was an older facility, but it was very nice, clean and comfortable. I think the apartments and rooms were big. The man that took me around was very nice, and there were people involved in various activities while I was there. The residents were all very friendly.

Caring112276950 August 22, 2015

I visited Applewood. It had nice little apartments upstairs, and they had an elevator going up to it. You could have all your furniture and stuff in there. It was a nice place. They had three meals a day, and you had to go down on scheduled time. The food looked fine. It was worth what you pay for.

Gene19 July 31, 2015

My mother was at Applewood for two weeks. It was a very clean place. The people that work there were very caring. The meals were better than I expected actually. The staff was very nice, and they knew what they were doing because we had extra care for my mom. Her room was clean; the whole place was clean. I was very pleased with Applewood.

Dianne21 February 12, 2015

My dad seems really happy with the Sapphire at Applewood. I think he likes this one the best. I think he likes the staff and the way he is able to do the things that he wants to do. They seem really anxious to please, and he really appreciates that. He is in a studio apartment. I know it is kind of small, but he seems to be getting by pretty well. They take the residents to different places like the grocery store.

From Applewood Retirement Community

Applewood Retirement Community is located in Oregon’s capital city of Salem. It offers 69 studio and one bedroom private apartments for seniors who want to remain their independence, but who want less stress in their retirement or perhaps need a little help.

Residents at Applewood enjoy a life style that promotes continued independence and offers more freedom for seniors to enjoy the things they like to do rather than trying to maintain a home, an automobile, or any other burden associated with living on one’s own. At Applewood, our residents enjoy the spa and beauty salon services, well-stocked library, recreational rooms, card/puzzle rooms, and living rooms – complete with big screen televisions. Our dining services feature scratch made meals with a menu of alternate entrées to choose from. Our chef’s take pride in every meal that’s served.

Living at Applewood is a great experience! We’re not just an independent living center; we’re a community where all residents are treated with respect and love. Our community welcomes your family and friends to visit as often as they would like. We are pet friendly too, and realize that our furry and feathered friends are part of your family.

• Affordable Monthly Rent
  • Convenient Location to Doctor’s, Hospital, Shopping, Churches, & Much More
  • Garden
  • Recreational Room
  • Library

Applewood Retirement is centrally located near malls and many eateries. We are a locally owned and operated company that takes pride in its communities and services provided

Features of Applewood Retirement Community

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Rec room has pool table, exercise equip, 60" TV, etc

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Bean Bag Baseball team

• Private services

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: Care needs are paid to 3rd party

• Financial guidance extra: We can work with most budgets
  • We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Affiliations