Madrona Hills

707 Madrona Ave SE, Salem, OR, 97302

Reviews of Madrona Hills

Dee19 October 19, 2015

The staff was very nice at Madrona Hills. The rooms were very nice and I like the size. The dining room looked pleasant.

Randy21 July 29, 2015

We visited Madrona Hills. It is very nice and very pleasant. They had very cordial people there. It was very pretty. The apartments were small but clean. The dining room had round circular tables. It was very light and airy. It is very clean and very open. I could not remember, but they had a lot of activities. My wife really liked it.

Caring105656850 April 25, 2015

Everything about Madrona Hills was nice, but the cost was pretty excessive to me. It seemed clean, orderly, and organized. Everything was fine except the cost.

Sara19 April 17, 2015

My grandmother is in Madrona Hills, and the cost is affordable for her. The people are great and absolutely wonderful. The building itself and the rooms are updated, nice, and clean. I don’t know if they allowed smoking or not; if they do I don’t smell it. It doesn’t smell like a nursing home, it smelled like a home.

Marsha22 February 11, 2015

We chose Madrona Hills because of the overall atmosphere, friendly, outgoing people that run the place, and good communication -- which is the biggest reason. They could take them places, they have events that they put on and little house parties. The food is excellent and comes in adequate amounts. The cleanliness and maintenance are excellent. They did everything we asked.

Elizabeth48 November 11, 2014

Madrona Hills was very nice, but once again they had no room and they will put you on a waiting list. What really impressed me was probably how clean it was; there weren’t smells. They had a dining area, and they had waiters and waitresses; it was really nice. They have little rooms for all kinds of gatherings.

Stephen16 September 23, 2014

I lived for a year in a studio at Madrona Hills and it was one of their smaller studios. They changed the pricing a lot, so everybody gets a different price. My experience was, overall, they treated me at the right time because I couldn't find a place to live with my service dog. I had a large service dog, so they came in handy right at that time. I paid $1,200 a month which included 3 meals a day and one day a week cleaning or house maintenance. They had a servicing passenger bus and they go all over the place. They go to the beach, and two of the popular places they go to were the casino and Spirit Mountain, and they like to take people on antique shopping. They had a full array of activities for the seniors every day. The staff was very nice. They had an A manager pair of house managers, which were the lead, and then the B manager pair. There is a lot of turnover in their management staff, not so much for the housekeeping or the other staff, and I wasn't really impressed. A couple of them I liked, but the turnover was unsettling to a lot of the elders there. With the entire turnover in their management staff, they are kind of out of touch with the clients. They didn't make good choices for people and there was a lot of personal kind of quandary on several different cases about how things will happen. This is why I give it a three; I am not impressed because management is very important in these types of places and if they are not settled and they are slandering, it is not good.

But, it was there when I needed it. It fulfilled a place for me and indeed it was expensive, but it gave me a place for years, so that I could still figure out what I am going to do next and this is what it did best for me.

Caring45431 September 23, 2014

Madrona Hills was inviting and very nice. The staff seemed to be very accommodating and very friendly. They invited us to join them to have lunch in the dining room. There was a couple at another table who were so accommodating, we wondered if they were on staff. The food was good.

schwarze77 August 29, 2014

I saw the best cottage that happens to be available at Madrona Hills when I visited the facility, but currently, it won't work for me. It has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room, a very large kitchen and a dining area. It's on ground level and it has an area that I can fence off for my dog. They do have their own restaurant in the main building. I was able to try the food and it was good. The staff were very excellent. The facility is very clean.

Louella1 July 31, 2014

I looked at Madrona Hills but I didn't care for that one. The tour was good, the people were very nice. It appeared clean and the rent was comfortable, but I had to be honest, there was a smell. I couldn't tell you what the smell was. I have a sensitive smeller and I pick up odors that some people don’t smell. I wasn't really bad, it was just unpleasant and it was what turned me off.

Clutch May 29, 2014

I went to Madrona Hills, and they were nice. Very clean. I love trees, but there was a lot of cement and sidewalks. It is so paved, but there isn't room for a lot of shrubbery or trees. That just isn't my lifestyle.

That was independent living because she showed me cottages there. It was right next door to a Fred Meyer's. About half a mile away was a place called Madrona Lake, and that was really nice.

It felt like you would have to dress up to go down to the dining room. It just had a little bit more of a sophisticated feel to it than what I would really want. That would probably be a nice place for a person if they really needed the care.

Dolores9 May 20, 2014

The food was excellent at Madrona Hills. The people who live there were very friendly and outgoing and made me very welcome, as did the managers. I felt very comfortable there. I particularly liked the cottages, mostly because they have a small washer and dryer on the inside, and because I need someplace where the grass comes up very near the house because I have a service dog that has to go with me to every place. So my biggest concern is her, that she'll be happy there.

They had a beauty shop there, which was very convenient. They play a lot of games during the day, and they play card games, and they were all interested in those. Also, it's very important to me that it's in an area that has shopping mall very nearby. So just about anything you wanted you could go to without too much trouble. They had a very friendly driver who takes you to wherever you need to go, and he went out of his way to be very polite. And my dog was allowed to go in the bus when we went places. That was important to me.

Tracy5 April 11, 2014

The staff at Madrona Hills was really nice. They would provide weekly housekeeping and offer to bring meals to your room. They have a schedule of different things they could do, like arts and crafts classes and music. When we were there, there was a Bible study group going on. The dining room was nice. I thought the apartments were nice too. They had some apartments that were absolutely beautiful. However, they also had some little one-bedroom cottages that were really rundown and yucky inside. Their size was OK even though they were tiny, but they weren't remodeled at all, so they weren't very nice-looking inside.

Rosemarie5 November 22, 2013

The staff at Madrona Hills was very accommodating and friendly. I talked to some residents, and I think they were well taken care of. They were clean and neat. The people I had lunch with were very pleasant and the food was good. Some residents were brought in their wheelchairs to eat in the dining room. The care depends on what they need.

Evalee September 23, 2013

It was a nice facility and I liked it. The staff appeared to be nice and they also had a bus that took them to stores. I would recommend them to others.

Sharon21 June 26, 2013

The staff working at Madrona Hills was very warm and the people living there liked them. They offered to take them on trips and they have lot of activities for them. The place was beautiful. I would want to live there when I get older.

Lynn12 April 17, 2013

My mother in law's first care facility was Madrona Hills in Salem, OR. It was okay and they had activities but not to the extent of the others I visited. I think they need to improve on the limitations they have in the building itself. I was in their building that looked like apartments, with the rooms all in a row. It's older and doesn't have the same look and feel like the others. That's important to my mom and she wanted it to look nice. It's an okay facility though my mother in law keeps talking about them having a large turnover. It costs less money so if one cannot afford the others, then this is a decent choice.

nitemere1 August 21, 2012

Holiday Retirement at Madrona Hills is a mix of assisted living and senior apartments. The "big house", as my Grandma called it, had seniors of varying ages and backgrounds, living in an assisted environment. A husband and wife duo would be there at all times, assisting with issues or just keeping the tenants company. They received three meals a day, and family and friends were welcome to visit at all time. Many of the wait staff were teenagers, and always friendly with the tenants. Trips were also arranged, from going to the grocery store to the beach. The tenants had varying levels of assistance provided, from help with their medication to showering or getting dressed. Entertainment would even be brought in from time to time. My grandmother loved the Elvis impersonator. On-site activities included a pool table, a Wii, and Bingo. All in all, it is a lovely facility, and highly recommended.

From Madrona Hills

Madrona Hills is located in Salem, OR, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Madrona Hills for a visit...and stay!

Features of Madrona Hills

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room