Hidden Lakes Independent Living

400 Madrona Ave SE, Salem, OR, 97302

Reviews of Hidden Lakes | Independent Living

February 26, 2016

By Caring Relative15

Hidden Lakes is very clean, bright, and cheerful looking with good food and activities. The staff is very friendly. The rooms and apartments are very clean, bright, and sunny.

December 30, 2015

By Milo1

We liked the cottages and the facility at Hidden Lakes. It was in a town that had a lot of entertainment and stores.

December 17, 2015

The staff at Hidden Lakes were accommodating in finding out the best way to help my parents and make things work. We got a two-bedroom apartment. It was of nice size but a bit expensive. The dining facility itself is nice, but I think the food is not very good. I would definitely recommend this place.

September 16, 2015

By Cathy113446050

Hidden Lakes was strictly retirement. It doesn't have the assisted living connected to it, but it was our first choice. It had a lot of amenities, but the rooms were not that large. They also had cottages. We had eaten there three times because we knew somebody that lived there.

May 28, 2015

By Dee19

Everything was great during my visit at Hidden Lakes. The staff seemed fine. They do have different kinds of activities like exercise and Bible study.

March 14, 2015

Hidden Lakes is pretty good. The staff is very nice and very helpful. The room that we looked at is smaller. They only showed one, and it was not what we were looking for. It appears that they have a lot of activities and a lot of different stuff available. I was not impressed with their dining room. To some people it would be OK. The one thing I did not like about that is the meals are regimented. They only serve it at certain times and that just didn't go over well with us. If she missed it, then she missed it, and I didn't like that. The time frame should have more leniencies on the meals.

November 30, 2014

By Marv2

Hidden Lakes is very attractive. It is well designed. The staff is great. The dining facility is outstanding, and they have a five-star chef in there. It is just very well done and very well thought out. They take good care of the people. They have entertainment. There are various groups in the community that come in. They have speakers that come in on various subjects. The residents can indicate an interest in certain areas, they'll find the speaker, and the speaker will come in. They have a library, a piano, and a small gym. They have somebody that works with the residents on flexibility. It is very good. It is called Hidden Lakes because it surrounds a small lake, so they can enjoy the lake out there. The combination of the setting, the amenities, and the design of the community itself all work together.

August 29, 2014

By schwarze77

The cottages at Hidden Lakes are very, very nice and more up to date. It's absolutely beautiful. They do have a whole lot of activity scheduled every single day and it's quite varied. They have various game activities as well. Their food is excellent and their staff is outstanding.

August 28, 2014

Hidden Lakes is truly a lovely place. It has everything anyone could ever want. It was lovely and we had a wonderful day, but it was not for us. We did not see what's called the cottage while we were there because they didn't have any empty; however, the other facilities that we saw were delightful. We have relatives of good friends who are living there and they like it very much. The grounds were delightful. There was a wonderful walking path. There were lots of facilities for activities. They had wonderful food and great fellowship around the table. They had book clubs, Bible studies, and pool tables. They had all kinds of program. If you're looking for a place, it had everything. The staff was very delightful.

July 31, 2014

By Louella1

I choose Hidden Lakes because it is beautiful. It is in a beautiful setting with a beautiful lake and fountain. The apartment that I am renting is cheaper and it is great. I do not have a kitchen, but I have a counter top with a refrigerator underneath, my microwave and a small sink. The staff here is incredible. All of them are pretty young. Most of them are fresh out of high school and some are even still in high school. They are amazing. They clean the rooms once a week and change the bed linens and towels, which they furnish, but they don't do personal laundry, I do that myself. All the meals are in the dining room and the food is good. There are activities going on every day like games, bingo, card games, tile rummy and usually there is some sort of outing twice a week. We go out on a bus and take us to wherever. We are supposed to go out today but the bus break down. It feels like home and it is amazing here.

May 29, 2014

I've been at Hidden Lakes for several months. I think the workers do the best they can. We have a big mess hall. I'd say the food is mediocre. They have all kinds of activities. They play cards and they do all sorts of things. I've gotten accustomed to it by now. For me, it was the lake that sold me. It's a very beautiful lake. We have geese, ducks, and all kinds of wildlife.

May 20, 2014

By Dolores9

I thought Hidden Lakes was just beautiful. The landscaping is fantastic. It has a beautiful, big lake that you can walk around and nice paths that are convenient. Three times around the lake is a mile, which is good to know when you're trying to keep active. It's also a Holiday, so they play all the same games and have the same type of food. Their food was excellent, and I really like that. And because my dog barks non-stop when I leave her alone in a room, the manager allowed me to take her into the dining room because she is a service dog. The staff is very pleasant, as are all of the Holiday places. Everybody went out of their way to make you feel at home and comfortable. I like the beauty of the place itself, the lake, and the masses of rhododendrons were just very lovely.

December 02, 2013

My mother likes Hidden Lakes and she didn't really have any specific reasons. It's fine for me because they give her meals and she likes the environment. The staff is super good.

November 22, 2013

By Rosemarie5

Hidden Lakes was a nice facility. The rooms were adequate and well maintained. The residents looked clean and cared for but I don't think anyone is happy there. This facility is not one of my favorites.

September 23, 2013

By Evalee

I am staying at Hidden Lakes and it is a really nice and quiet place. They make everything handy for old people. They make the bed and clean the room once a week. They provide three meals a day. Everybody is nice to each other. There is a lake here with a walking ground. A bus that takes us out to places we want to go. I am recommending this place others.

September 14, 2013

By Henry5

We are moving in about a week to Hidden Lakes. It's a very nice place with a very nice lake. The people that worked there are all nice people. When you sit in the dining room you look out over the lake. It's really a beautiful place and the price is very reasonable.

June 26, 2013

By Sharon21

It was beautiful. The staff was nice and they have activities there. But personally, I wouldn't want to live there because the people who lived there didn't seem to be quite happy and they would need to improve on their communications.

April 17, 2013

By Lynn12

Hidden Lakes in Salem, OR was nice. It has a really nice landscaping. It was very nice looking inside and outside. They had a bunch of little cottages out there for independent living and my mom was thinking she could live there. She really liked that one and it's probably one of the nicest ones here in town at that time.

March 27, 2013

By Clyde2

Mom enjoyed living at Hidden Lakes. She stayed there for five years, so she made lots of friends. She really liked the food. The facility is very elegant and has a very, well-manicured grounds around. However, I think they are a little too concerned with appearance. They tend to spend money on the first things that people see when they come in for their tour, when there are probably other things they should be fixing instead.

June 29, 2012

By nahamming

Overall, I think everyone in the family thinks that Hidden Lakes is an outstanding Assisted Living Home. It is not as intrusive as some homes, and affords my grandmother a lot of freedom while still checking in daily to make sure everything is ok. All of the staff that I have encountered have been friendly and familiar enough with my grandma to refer to her by her name. My grandma has many friends at Hidden Lakes, as it places a high emphasis on being social through communal lunches and activities tailored to seniors like taking walks and bean bag tossing. The only drawback is that a small minority of the people at Hidden Lakes are cranky/have some racially inappropriate things to say. However, this is to be expected at any home for the elderly. The scenery at Hidden Lakes is nice, as it has its own pond with a trail around it. Overall, Hidden Lakes is an excellent assisted living facility and well worth the premium that it costs.

Photos of Hidden Lakes

Features of Hidden Lakes

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Hidden Lakes

Hidden Lakes is located in Salem, OR, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Hidden Lakes for a visit...and stay!

Map of Hidden Lakes