The Princess Martha

411 First Avenue North, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33701

Reviews of The Princess Martha

Cathy109786750 September 29, 2015

I went to The Princess Martha. I really felt very happy to be there, but the fact that it was so small and moving into such accommodation weren't suitable for me. They weren't big enough. It was like going to live in a hotel. I don't mind at being where it is, and I like the ambience of it, but I did not care for the fact that it was so small and you were like in a hotel room. It was claustrophobic for me. I would enjoy the facility, and I have a girlfriend that would come there in a minute if we have an apartment, but there was no apartment. There were just these small rooms with kitchenettes. We're used to living in style, and that just wouldn't be enough. However, I think that it is a beautiful, healthy atmosphere where people can retain their dignity and dress well, and there is no feeling of age there. I imagine that it is such a comfortable life where people can age very comfortably and very active with beautiful things to do.

Caring100982150 January 16, 2015

The Princess Martha was very nice, clean, and comparatively modern. The price was within range, and that was one of the things that was interesting. It was a lot of an old group type of community, so they do not do too much there.

Adaline September 30, 2014

I did stay in The Princess Martha for three months. The food there was good. They did have happy hours and cooking classes with the chef. What I like about the place was it was close to a library and other places downtown where I could go to flea markets and concerts. The location of the place was more convenient.

Carlos3 August 27, 2014

Princess Martha was very good. That's a very nice place, but it's very expensive. The location is excellent. The facility is beautiful. It's an old style hotel, like a high class grand hotel. They have a beautiful entrance lobby -- it was very nice looking, well-furnished and well-tended. The people are very nice. We had lunch there and it was excellent food -- it was very gourmet and the service was excellent. The waiters and waitresses served each course separately, not all at the same time. They have yoga; they have water aerobics; they have outings. Everything very elegant, but the price was too much for us. We could not afford that luxury.

Cherry4 September 27, 2013

I found The Princess Martha for myself. The facility is very, very nice. They take us to the doctors and they also have a doctor and a nurse on-call. They have happy hour twice a week. We have a heated pool and we also have an exercise room.

Karen69223550 September 23, 2013

I liked The Princess Martha because it was a smaller facility. The apartments were smaller but nice with a small kitchenette, dining area and a bath. They had a lot for gardening. They were right across the street from the town's park, so transportation was really close. And since it is downtown, It was not more than a block away from a restaurant. However, it was only an independent living but they had people from another agency who came in and could give help of they needed it.

SSR June 12, 2013

Food is very good, I had lunch at The Princess Martha. The building is clean and there are no odors or whatsoever. It's close to the farmer's market. They have a beautiful swimming pool. It's an old hotel that's built in the 30's probably. It looks like a lobby in the hotel and it's very attractive. It would do for me and I would be very happy there, I believe.

From The Princess Martha

From a grand hotel in 1924 to a senior living retirement residence today, The Princess Martha has been a landmark throughout the century. Graced with charm, elegance, and style, The Princess Martha is a symbol of Southern Hospitality and reigns as Royalty in gracious and affordable Independent Senior Living. In the 1920's the national advertising campaigns were dubbed "Oro del Sol" or "Gold of the Sun", a new lifestyle with excellent service & affordable grandeur, The Princess Martha.

We invite you to tour our active, Independent Senior Living Community! The Princess Martha is a 55+ retirement community in the heart of downtown St. Petersburg. Built as a premier hotel in the 1920’s, the Princess Martha has been transformed into one-and-two bedroom rental apartments. Our grand lobby and historic ballroom will take your breath away as you experience the elegant 1920’s décor. Walk out your door and explore all of the riches that St. Petersburg has to offer because The Princess Martha is within walking distance of the many restaurants, banks, shops, museums, theaters, The Pier, Baywalk, and bayside parks. The Trolley stops right outside our doors. You can see Tropicana Field from here; home of the Tampa Bay Rays! By car, the Princess Martha is accessible to three major interstate connections, making it just a short distance for perfect day trips to explore the scenic west coast of Florida. We are thirty minutes from Tampa International A irport.

When you become a resident of The Princess Martha, you start enjoying our all-inclusive, independent senior living lifestyle. No more cooking, yard work, cleaning, doing dishes, HOA fees or property taxes! Our Chef prepares you three delicious meals a day! Housekeeping and all utilities (except telephone service) are also included. You will enjoy access to staff 24 hours, a calendar of life enrichment activities and scheduled transportation if you wish to use it. Other amenities include a heated pool, beautiful sun deck, fitness center and state-of-the-art media center. The Princess Martha is pet friendly and we have a dog park on-site for your convenience!

For those of you needing a little extra help, The Princess Martha has an on-site Wellness Center, visiting doctor (weekly) and a contracted Nurses Registry who can offer services including medication management, laundry services, shower assistance and other activities of daily living (ADL’s.) These services can enable you to age in place. We are within blocks of renowned hospitals and close to many rehabilitation establishments. Stop in for a personalized tour and you will see why The Princess Martha is “The Place To Be” in downtown St. Petersburg.

Located in the heart of downtown St. Petersburg. We are walking distance to shops, restaurants, museums etc.. Easy access to public transportation.

Features of The Princess Martha

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Princess Martha