The Gatesworth

Top Nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of The Gatesworth

November 06, 2012

By LauraR2

The Gatesworth is run like a combination condo/five star hotel. There are clubs and services, and at least two restaurants. I stayed in a guest suite while visiting my grandmother. The suite had a living room, with a desk, fold-out bed and flat screen TV. The bedroom had a view on the large courtyard with a man made lake and fountain. The bathroom was fitted out with granite countertops, and tile floors.Breakfast are served every day on white tablecloths, with wait staff bring freshly brewed coffee and cooked breakfasts to order. The wait staff know all the residents, and many of the visitors by sight, and usually will bring them "their usual" without being told.Condos are one or two bedrooms, the latter to accommodate visitors. The have modern, well equipped kitchens, and residents can bring their own furniture. Maid service is available. Nursing services are available.There are workout facilities, a movie theater, barbershop, and a beauty salon on site; and many classes and clubs are given on site. The grounds are beautiful, and well maintained, with a lake, fountains, and walking paths.

August 14, 2012

By Arch1

I got my mother to experience the Gatesworth, but she rejected the whole idea of living in any communities. It's a very nice place. It has a home-like ambiance. The apartments are very nice and big enough. They were fully equipped for independent living. The management was willing to re-decorate if needed. My mother really like the apartments, but then again she is not yet open to the concept of being in an independent living community. I think that among what I have seen in Saint Louis, Gatesworth is by far the nicest.

June 29, 2012

By Peter Kempf

My grandparents love this facility and so do I. The Gatesworth has many, many activities for retirees of all ages, and the restaurant facilities inside are also spectacular. And the inside is so lavishly decorated that if I didn't see all the retirees about, I would think it was a luxury hotel. The facilities are absolutely gorgeous, and the grounds are just as beautiful - there are wonderful outdoor fountains that look like they should be the subject of paintings. On another note, the staff is absolutely wonderful and helpful. My grandfather has Alzheimer's and my grandmother has Parkinson's, and the staff are both completely willing and able to assist them with absolutely everything which these conditions entail. Staffers are in their room multiple times daily to make sure they remember to take their medicine (my grandfather is forgetful and my grandmother tends to try to self-prescribe, so this is of the utmost importance). Furthermore, those staffers seem like the nicest of people. They are always patient with my often-exasperating grandparents, and they never stop trying to help. Honestly, I don't think I could think of a better place for my grandparents to reside.

Photos of The Gatesworth

Features of The Gatesworth

• Housing Extra: Penthouse Apartment Residences

About The Gatesworth

The Gatesworth is an independent living community in Saint Louis, MO designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact The Gatesworth for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Gatesworth