Eskaton Monroe Lodge

3225 Freeport Boulevard, Sacramento, CA, 95818

Reviews of Eskaton Monroe Lodge

Winnie063653 September 30, 2016

EML has exceeded every expectation I had. At the same time, my reservations have been put to rest. The staff is small, but exceptional in their varied duties and talents. They are all kind and have a needed sense of humor. The kitchen quality had been such a wonderful surprise. We are all very fortunate to be in such good hands.

Faith B. September 12, 2016

Fantastic, polite, fun and professional. Excellent driver. Mr. Karmur is a 5-star employee, wonderful with the residents, an excellent driver and a very caring gentleman.

Ben and Alice August 30, 2016

The people are so friendly. We are comfortable. The people who work here should feel good about their work. We love the putting green, the garden and its flowers. We like the food, we have lots of choices. We are looking forward to using the jacuzzi.

Ernie P. July 29, 2016

Outstanding! I like the idea that “All Employees” get along here and I get a handshake from them.

RD506807 July 29, 2016

I liked Eskaton. It was one of the biggest places, and the living room space was nice. The people were very nice. They had a community garden for the residents. However, it was too far from me, and I wanted to be close to mother. The general atmosphere was very friendly, and some of the people that I ran into were friendly and seemed happy.

Carla K.010607 June 30, 2016

Mike helped with pictures and furniture and did a great job. My dad thinks Mike is the best!

Eileen S227248 June 30, 2016

There are people here I know and enjoy. I don't have to worry about getting my own meals. I have lunch and dinner here. It gets me out of the room talking and socializing. I like being social. The activities are delightful.

Sharon G720885 June 30, 2016

Everybody is friendly and accommodating. Dinners are great, fantastic, especially the soups. When I want something done, it gets done. If I have any questions, they get answered. Couldn't get me out of my studio if you tried, it's just comfy.

Art067336 June 28, 2016

I knew I would eventually come here. I have not been disappointed. I wouldn’t want to be any other place else at my age. I consider it home. This is about the best place I could have found to stay and I have never regretted it.

Frank105473 June 24, 2016

I enjoy living here. I like just about everything. I like the freedom, the friendships, the cleanliness, the thoughtfulness.

Joann415542 June 24, 2016

The services are great. If you have problems, they come quickly. The food service is as good as can be, feeding 100 people and all. The people are very caring.

Teddy557673 June 21, 2016

Eskaton is sort of like living abroad a cruise ship. I have good friends, they feed us well and e have good entertainment. It’s just a great place to live. You walk around and see people smiling at Eskaton Monroe Lodge.

Faith342121 June 17, 2016

Fantastic service, polite, fun and professional. Mr. Marmur is an excellent driver, a 5-star employee, wonderful with the residents and a very caring gentleman.

mary-david January 21, 2016

My mom lived at Eskaton for a little over two years. This is a wonderful facility. There are only 100 residents so everyone truly knows you and it is a very closely knit family. It is a very caring facility that is very well kept, the food is truly delicious, and the activities are endless. You can stay very busy with their daily activities and cultural events. The staff if very caring and proactive. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone.

Diane P.2 December 29, 2015

They are responsive when it comes to our building and personal needs. The balance of comfort for “home” setting and sophistication (for example dining quality & amenities) is most appealing. The staff and management are attentive and easy to relate to.

Jane Carson December 23, 2015

My first introduction to the Lodge was the staff who was all very friendly and eager to help me. I was shown and told the location of everything I might need or activities I might want to join. It felt like everyone knew my name. Making friends with other residents was easy. Everyone has been so friendly.

Charna Moulton-Barnett November 30, 2015

I wish to thank Mrs Benjamin for her excellent service to the residents of Eskaton. She has wonderful patience with the people. She is accommodating on all issues and is very fair in dealing with everyone. She has an open door policy and cares about the happiness of the residents. Great place!

Joanne Sherrill August 25, 2015

My mother lived at Eskaton Monroe Lodge for 14 years. As her only daughter, my experiences at the Lodge were extensive and extremely positive. What a special place, primarily because of the excellent staff and the delicious food. Yes, what a surprise that the food at such a senior facility would be soooooo good.

The planned events are perfect for the residents, with concerts, exercises, special dinner theme events, trips to shopping, special speakers, fashion shows, wine tasting, and so on. Mom had to give up her car after living at the Lodge about 4 years, but for the next 10 years, she was able to easily get rides to doctors' appointments, outside luncheons, theater plays, etc.

I know this may seem trivial, but the way the Lodge is decorated for all the holidays, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas, is amazing. At least one or more of the staff has an artistic eye for decor.

One more thing, every resident is provided a life alert type of button to wear around the neck. Thank goodness because Mom needed to push that button on two different occasions in the middle of the night and staff were there in moments, followed by the ambulance and a call to me.

When my husband and I need more services as we age, we plan to move in to the Lodge. Hence, the five star rating.

Caring111328750 August 22, 2015

Eskaton was OK although I wasn’t able to see what the living spaces looks like as they didn’t take me anywhere near the living spaces. I only got to see the common areas, and the other thing is they didn’t know that I was coming. When I got there, there had been an appointment for me to come, but the information got lost. However, the staff was friendly, and the gardens outside really stood out.

Thank you for visiting Eskaton Monroe Lodge. We are happy to read you enjoyed the gardens. We are sorry you were only able to view the commons areas on the ground floor. You are invited back to tour the residential apartments any time. During a tour you can expect to meet an Eskaton ambassador, a resident who will show you their apartment and answer question on what life is like at the Lodge. It also gives you a friendly face to call upon when you join us at our community. Please call Tristin or Scott at 916-441-1015 to schedule the tour.

Lisa108308150 March 26, 2015

Eskaton is very nice and clean. My mother stays there now. She has a small apartment with a small kitchen and small bath. The staff are very caring and very patient. The food is OK, but she said it is not that great.

Jamie C. August 01, 2014

My father-in-law lived at Eskaton Monroe Lodge for a little over a year. The staff there were amazing. They could not have been more helpful getting him moved in and moved out and on an everyday basis throughout the year. We had started his move during a health crisis and immediately realized that he’d need more services than were provided in an independent living facility. The staff helped us bring in additional care and helped us maintain it and keep tabs. During the year they put a huge amount of work into helping him meet the requirements of his long term care policy, minimize his cable bill and adjust to life without a car. They were always available to us by phone, email or to meet in person. The facility is very pleasant, clean and well-maintained – they always go all out decorating for holidays. My FIL had one meal a day included with his rent. He always chose dinner and when we would visit we were always happy with the food. Meals are served restaurant-style at tables of four. My FIL is pretty shy so it worked out well that the dining room staff regularly sat him with three super sweet women. When he wasn’t well enough to go downstairs he could have his meals brought to his apartment for a small fee. There is a wide variety of activities for residents to choose from on a daily basis (field trips, exercise class, “Koffee Klatch”, bingo, musical performances, etc.). There are also storage spaces, a driver available on certain days to run errands, very friendly front desk help and an onsite hair salon. I don’t know what we would have done last year without the support of the Eskaton Monroe Lodge staff.

Lisa14 November 01, 2012

We're very happy with Eskaton Monroe Lodge. It fits for my mother. The location is good and the staff is good. The food is very good and the rooms are very nice.

From Eskaton Monroe Lodge

Surrounded by three acres of beautiful trees and just minutes from downtown Sacramento, Eskaton Monroe Lodge offers independent living in a country-like retreat with all the city advantages. Shopping, restaurants, churches, doctors' offices and cultural opportunities are all within easy reach. Eskaton Monroe Lodge is an elegant six-story building that includes 100 private apartments, spacious lounges and large rooms for community programs, and twin elevator service. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are special occasions every day in the elegant and graciously appointed full-service dining room. Choose one, two or three meals daily from an extensive menu. Waiters and waitresses serve tasty, nutritious and well-balanced dishes fresh from our kitchen. During holidays, we feature banquet meals for both you and your family to enjoy. The dining room also provides tray service and bag-meal preparation if requested.

Eskaton Monroe Lodge has four different options for private accommodations:

• Studio with Kitchenette
  • Studio with Full-Sized Kitchen
  • One-Bedroom with Full, Walk-In Kitchen
  • Deluxe One-Bedroom with Full Kitchen and Two Bathrooms

Each apartment includes kitchen appliances and individually controlled heating and air-conditioning. Large, private storage spaces are available to all residents. All utilities except telephone and cable are included in the monthly rent. Each apartment is cable ready.

Housing Types Offered

Studios, 1 BR Apartments

Rooms

Utilities, Included, Wheel Chair accessible, Full Kitchen

Community Features

TV Room, Beauty Parlor, Laundry Facilities, Guest Rooms, Housecleaning, Computer Room, Parking, Fitness Center, Billiards, Hobby Area/Workshop, Greenhouse/Garden, Guest Speakers, Travel, Volunteer Programs

Features of Eskaton Monroe Lodge

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Golf
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Private services

• Pharmacy

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

Location of Eskaton Monroe Lodge