Eskaton Monroe Lodge

3225 Freeport Boulevard, Sacramento, CA, 95818

Reviews of Eskaton Monroe Lodge

April 14, 2017

By D. Webb

Pleasantly surprised at how nice the facility is. Very nice art show and nice employees.

April 14, 2017

By Shirley Mercer

Outstanding cooperation between and among administrators and full=time staff is what helps all of us enjoy and appreciate living here at EML.

February 16, 2017

By Rebecca in Mass.

I helped my uncle look at and evaluate several independent-living residences, and we both thought Eskaton Monroe Lodge seemed like a good fit for him. Scott, the sales counselor we worked with, was very helpful (and patient!) while guiding us through the application process, the move-in details, and arranging for new furniture to be set up and arranged. I can't imagine the process having been easier. My uncle has commented on how friendly everyone--staff and residents--have been, and he loves the food! I live on the East Coast, and I feel reassured having my uncle in such a warm and caring environment.
We are so happy to read the transition was smooth for your Uncle. Thank you for the review.

December 20, 2016

By Frank Mahon

Services at Eskaton are exceptional. Staff is so kind and I would recommend this place to my friends.

November 29, 2016

By Margaret833222

Eskaton Monroe Lodge is a very good, kind, and caring community. I am safe here.

November 05, 2016

By Marie224856

I have lived here for almost 3 years and I am very happy. The living quarters are quite comfortable. The food is excellent. All of the employees are extremely helpful and friendly. They provide free transportation to a grocery store, banks, doctors and other places. There are free classes, such as Brain Gymnasium and exercises. A large variety of musical entertainment is provided as well. There are also amenities provided daily. It includes free coffee, tea, fruit and sweet treats.

November 01, 2016

By Rose540275

Staff - exceptional. Services - everyone goes of their way to help. Variety of programs and events offered.

October 28, 2016

By Charna743523

I am very happy living at Eskaton Lodge. The food is very good and excellent service. There are excellent exercises 5 days a week. The staff is very courteous and helpful. We have many outside events and many activities to participate at home. Great place to live. Five stars.

September 30, 2016

By Judith550521

Excellent living conditions. Very good food. High quality of residents. Staff is helpful and cheerful.

September 30, 2016

By Winnie063653

EML has exceeded every expectation I had. At the same time, my reservations have been put to rest. The staff is small, but exceptional in their varied duties and talents. They are all kind and have a needed sense of humor. The kitchen quality had been such a wonderful surprise. We are all very fortunate to be in such good hands.

September 12, 2016

By Faith B.

Fantastic, polite, fun and professional. Excellent driver. Mr. Karmur is a 5-star employee, wonderful with the residents, an excellent driver and a very caring gentleman.

August 30, 2016

By Ben and Alice

The people are so friendly. We are comfortable. The people who work here should feel good about their work. We love the putting green, the garden and its flowers. We like the food, we have lots of choices. We are looking forward to using the jacuzzi.

July 29, 2016

By Ernie P.

Outstanding! I like the idea that “All Employees” get along here and I get a handshake from them.

July 29, 2016

By RD506807

I liked Eskaton. It was one of the biggest places, and the living room space was nice. The people were very nice. They had a community garden for the residents. However, it was too far from me, and I wanted to be close to mother. The general atmosphere was very friendly, and some of the people that I ran into were friendly and seemed happy.

By Carla K.010607

Mike helped with pictures and furniture and did a great job. My dad thinks Mike is the best!

By Eileen S227248

There are people here I know and enjoy. I don't have to worry about getting my own meals. I have lunch and dinner here. It gets me out of the room talking and socializing. I like being social. The activities are delightful.

By Sharon G720885

Everybody is friendly and accommodating. Dinners are great, fantastic, especially the soups. When I want something done, it gets done. If I have any questions, they get answered. Couldn't get me out of my studio if you tried, it's just comfy.

June 28, 2016

By Art067336

I knew I would eventually come here. I have not been disappointed. I wouldn’t want to be any other place else at my age. I consider it home. This is about the best place I could have found to stay and I have never regretted it.

June 24, 2016

By Frank105473

I enjoy living here. I like just about everything. I like the freedom, the friendships, the cleanliness, the thoughtfulness.

June 24, 2016

By Joann415542

The services are great. If you have problems, they come quickly. The food service is as good as can be, feeding 100 people and all. The people are very caring.

June 21, 2016

By Teddy557673

Eskaton is sort of like living abroad a cruise ship. I have good friends, they feed us well and e have good entertainment. It’s just a great place to live. You walk around and see people smiling at Eskaton Monroe Lodge.

June 17, 2016

By Faith342121

Fantastic service, polite, fun and professional. Mr. Marmur is an excellent driver, a 5-star employee, wonderful with the residents and a very caring gentleman.

January 21, 2016

By mary-david

My mom lived at Eskaton for a little over two years. This is a wonderful facility. There are only 100 residents so everyone truly knows you and it is a very closely knit family. It is a very caring facility that is very well kept, the food is truly delicious, and the activities are endless. You can stay very busy with their daily activities and cultural events. The staff if very caring and proactive. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone.

December 29, 2015

By Diane P.2

They are responsive when it comes to our building and personal needs. The balance of comfort for “home” setting and sophistication (for example dining quality & amenities) is most appealing. The staff and management are attentive and easy to relate to.

December 23, 2015

By Jane Carson

My first introduction to the Lodge was the staff who was all very friendly and eager to help me. I was shown and told the location of everything I might need or activities I might want to join. It felt like everyone knew my name. Making friends with other residents was easy. Everyone has been so friendly.

November 30, 2015

By Charna Moulton-Barnett

I wish to thank Mrs Benjamin for her excellent service to the residents of Eskaton. She has wonderful patience with the people. She is accommodating on all issues and is very fair in dealing with everyone. She has an open door policy and cares about the happiness of the residents. Great place!

August 25, 2015

By Joanne Sherrill

My mother lived at Eskaton Monroe Lodge for 14 years. As her only daughter, my experiences at the Lodge were extensive and extremely positive. What a special place, primarily because of the excellent staff and the delicious food. Yes, what a surprise that the food at such a senior facility would be soooooo good. The planned events are perfect for the residents, with concerts, exercises, special dinner theme events, trips to shopping, special speakers, fashion shows, wine tasting, and so on. Mom had to give up her car after living at the Lodge about 4 years, but for the next 10 years, she was able to easily get rides to doctors' appointments, outside luncheons, theater plays, etc. I know this may seem trivial, but the way the Lodge is decorated for all the holidays, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas, is amazing. At least one or more of the staff has an artistic eye for decor. One more thing, every resident is provided a life alert type of button to wear around the neck. Thank goodness because Mom needed to push that button on two different occasions in the middle of the night and staff were there in moments, followed by the ambulance and a call to me. When my husband and I need more services as we age, we plan to move in to the Lodge. Hence, the five star rating.

August 22, 2015

Eskaton was OK although I wasn’t able to see what the living spaces looks like as they didn’t take me anywhere near the living spaces. I only got to see the common areas, and the other thing is they didn’t know that I was coming. When I got there, there had been an appointment for me to come, but the information got lost. However, the staff was friendly, and the gardens outside really stood out.

Thank you for visiting Eskaton Monroe Lodge. We are happy to read you enjoyed the gardens. We are sorry you were only able to view the commons areas on the ground floor. You are invited back to tour the residential apartments any time. During a tour you can expect to meet an Eskaton ambassador, a resident who will show you their apartment and answer question on what life is like at the Lodge. It also gives you a friendly face to call upon when you join us at our community. Please call Tristin or Scott at 916-441-1015 to schedule the tour.

March 26, 2015

By Lisa108308150

Eskaton is very nice and clean. My mother stays there now. She has a small apartment with a small kitchen and small bath. The staff are very caring and very patient. The food is OK, but she said it is not that great.

August 01, 2014

By Jamie C.

My father-in-law lived at Eskaton Monroe Lodge for a little over a year. The staff there were amazing. They could not have been more helpful getting him moved in and moved out and on an everyday basis throughout the year. We had started his move during a health crisis and immediately realized that he’d need more services than were provided in an independent living facility. The staff helped us bring in additional care and helped us maintain it and keep tabs. During the year they put a huge amount of work into helping him meet the requirements of his long term care policy, minimize his cable bill and adjust to life without a car. They were always available to us by phone, email or to meet in person. The facility is very pleasant, clean and well-maintained – they always go all out decorating for holidays. My FIL had one meal a day included with his rent. He always chose dinner and when we would visit we were always happy with the food. Meals are served restaurant-style at tables of four. My FIL is pretty shy so it worked out well that the dining room staff regularly sat him with three super sweet women. When he wasn’t well enough to go downstairs he could have his meals brought to his apartment for a small fee. There is a wide variety of activities for residents to choose from on a daily basis (field trips, exercise class, “Koffee Klatch”, bingo, musical performances, etc.). There are also storage spaces, a driver available on certain days to run errands, very friendly front desk help and an onsite hair salon. I don’t know what we would have done last year without the support of the Eskaton Monroe Lodge staff.

November 01, 2012

By Lisa14

We're very happy with Eskaton Monroe Lodge. It fits for my mother. The location is good and the staff is good. The food is very good and the rooms are very nice.

Photos of Eskaton Monroe Lodge

Features of Eskaton Monroe Lodge

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Golf

• Pharma

About Eskaton Monroe Lodge

Surrounded by three acres of beautiful trees and just minutes from downtown Sacramento, Eskaton Monroe Lodge offers independent living in a country-like retreat with all the city advantages. Shopping, restaurants, churches, doctors' offices and cultural opportunities are all within easy reach. Eskaton Monroe Lodge is an elegant six-story building that includes 100 private apartments, spacious lounges and large rooms for community programs, and twin elevator service. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are special occasions every day in the elegant and graciously appointed full-service dining room. Choose one, two or three meals daily from an extensive menu. Waiters and waitresses serve tasty, nutritious and well-balanced dishes fresh from our kitchen. During holidays, we feature banquet meals for both you and your family to enjoy. The dining room also provides tray service and bag-meal preparation if requested.

Eskaton Monroe Lodge has four different options for private accommodations:

• Studio with Kitchenette
  • Studio with Full-Sized Kitchen
  • One-Bedroom with Full, Walk-In Kitchen
  • Deluxe One-Bedroom with Full Kitchen and Two Bathrooms

Each apartment includes kitchen appliances and individually controlled heating and air-conditioning. Large, private storage spaces are available to all residents. All utilities except telephone and cable are included in the monthly rent. Each apartment is cable ready.

Housing Types Offered

Studios, 1 BR Apartments

Rooms

Utilities, Included, Wheel Chair accessible, Full Kitchen

Community Features

TV Room, Beauty Parlor, Laundry Facilities, Guest Rooms, Housecleaning, Computer Room, Parking, Fitness Center, Billiards, Hobby Area/Workshop, Greenhouse/Garden, Guest Speakers, Travel, Volunteer Programs

Map of Eskaton Monroe Lodge