Provident Crossing

1950 South A.W. Grimes Blvd, Round Rock, TX, 78664

Reviews of Provident Crossing

Caring107233550 March 07, 2015

We were interested in Provident Crossings because it was close to where my home is, and it was really close to everything that my mom normally does on a routine basis. When we toured it, the things that caught us by surprise were, first of all, it was very costly -- much more costly than any of the other places that we looked at. The other thing was that the amenities that were included in the other places were additional fees here. Like, if she wanted to participate in the group exercise, there was an additional monthly fee. If she wanted to participate in their walking club, there was an additional fee to participate in that club whereas in the other facilities that we visited and talked with had similar groups, but it was all part of their monthly rent. The staff was helpful, knowledgeable, and pleasant. I didn't see them interacting with the residents very much, which was kind of strange. I did see a lot of the residents out in the community areas, but I didn't see the staff interacting with them. They had two types of dining. They had what they call the snack bar or grab and go area, where you could come and get a sandwich or some kind of a snack type food and take it back to your apartment any time, and then they had a cold snack bar area that was open during their scheduled meal times, where they had like a nice salad bar and cold sandwich with cold cuts and things like that, and where you could make yourself a salad plate, that had just open seating. The back part of the feeding area was more like restaurant seating, and you would actually have a menu that was prepared by the kitchen staff. The apartments were very large. Even their one-bedroom apartments were very roomy, very plush, and very nice. But again, their rent was almost two times more than anybody else's.

Virginia40 February 26, 2015

Provident Crossing has a very lovely atmosphere. They have a variety of activities, and the residents are very well cared for. They promote it as a resort style, and it definitely was that with the activities, the dining room, and the lounge area. It is a very attractive place. The water feature when you go in is very nice. The apartment I thought is well laid out. It is spacious for its small size but very nice. The food appears to be outstanding. I didn't eat there, but I know they take a lot of pride in the variety and quality of their food. I like the overall environment and appearance of the community.

Caring87943950 November 22, 2014

I visited Provident Crossing. It was a very nice place. It was very lovely. It was the best of all of the facilities I've been to, and that's where I will go. The apartments were beautiful. They were spacious and clean. They were just lovely. They have every activities you can ask for. They would take them to the doctors and to shopping. They have all kinds of games and entertainment. You have everything you wanted. It was a lovely place. It was like being on a cruise. It seemed very quite secure. They had someone always at the front, so I felt it was secure.

Grandma5 in Round Rock October 28, 2014

A dear friend has been living at Provident Crossing for a few years and loved it. She has been told she is being evicted because she signed a complaint about the food. She says they are serving low protein food and food not suitable for diabetics. Lots of beans, rice & corn. She is a dear and gentle person and does not deserve this treatment.

Lee19 September 23, 2014

Provident is close to home and it’s a very nice environment. The staff is all friendly and helpful towards the residents. They have a lot of activities for the residents like a fitness room, so they have exercise classes, a movie theater, and they have a bus for the residents where they can take them shopping and day trips to different places. The community has one, two, and three bedroom apartments and they provide new appliances like a refrigerator, a stove, a dishwasher and a microwave.

Alnita August 26, 2014

The apartments at Provident Crossing were bigger than any of the other five places that I went to within Austin and it has full amenities. It doesn't have a pool, but they have three meals a day included in the price. They also have a chef's pantry which is open round the clock for snacks and sandwiches or anything that they want in the middle of the night. It is a newer building -- only three years old -- and the prices were very reasonable. They do offer outings on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; so that is three times a week. They also have a lady that the residents can contract either for the day or for the hour, or for a day trip if they would like at very, very reasonable prices. They were charging like $2.50 to help them get down to dinner or lunch. They all have life alert available to them and it is either on the neck or on the wrist, so that way if they fall in the bathroom they don't have to reach for the phone because they can use the life alert to call them. It seemed like a really nice place so far. My parents haven't moved in yet, but they offered them a three day and two night stay, which they did and they loved it. The food was good and they thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cathy46 May 20, 2014

Mom is in Provident Crossing. This is an independent place, and we like that it is bright. The food looks good and they have access to snacks as well. In their dining hall and interior hallways, there is a big kind of skylight in that area. We like that is more open and it has a light feel to it. The residents seem very friendly. The staff seems very good. However, they are a newer facility, so I think they are understaffed sometimes. So sometimes you have to wait a little bit, but they are always very accommodating. I think they need to improve on their staffing level.

Mom has a one-bedroom apartment. It is a very open living space with a kitchen tucked in the corner. The bedroom is very large, and it has a huge walk-in closet. She has a full clean bed, six foot dresser, and TV stand in her room. The bathroom is a full bathroom with a walk-in shower that has a bench built into it. There is a washer and dryer connection in the bathroom as well. She was able to bring her full size washer and dryer from home. They have a movie theater where they see movies, and I know that she enjoys seeing movies with other people. There are a couple different game ranges that they have set up, and they are involved in playing games with people. They also have a pool table up on the third floor, so she enjoys taking her grandkids up there and playing pool. It has been good.

George38 April 29, 2014

Provident Crossing was a nice place. The dining area was very nice, and the food was good. The buildings were new, multiple stories, about a year and a half old, and very nice. They have spacious grounds. They play music, and they have a happy hour.

Caring72831850 October 25, 2013

We liked Provident Crossings very much. It was a new building and everything was clean. All of the finishes were nice. The lady that we met was very nice, knowledgeable, patient and gave us information. We had lunch with the couple who lived there and they seemed happy. The lunch was good. While, we were eating, a man in a powered chair came and we visited with him. Also, a lady whom we didn't know she lived there but who happened to go to our church and she liked Provident very much. I thought it was nice that people who were strangers came to welcome us. It seemed that people were comfortable and pleased there. We looked at a two-bedroom unit. We liked the fact that there were washer and driers in the bathroom instead of having to go down to a common room for washing and drying clothes. I would definitely recommend it.

GiGi6 August 13, 2013

Beautiful facility. Great location near shopping & soon to be Scott & White clinic. Excellent floor plans, quality finishes & full equipped kitchen. Accessible transportation van. Very nice residents.

Jan11 May 25, 2013

My sister lived at Provident Crossings. The place was well-kept and had very nice amenities. The food was very good. The apartment was cleaned once a week and if she needed anything, it was attended to immediately.

From Provident Crossing

Live like you're on vacation at Provident Crossing in an all-inclusive resort! Provident Crossing is the perfect choice for people with a passion for living who are looking for freedom, comfort, independence, security, convenience, and a friendly community in the place they call home.

Planned with you in mind, our Apartments are pleasant, beautifully designed living spaces with fully-equipped designer kitchens, luxurious baths, and many smart details to complement your busy lifestyle.

The stunning main dining room is the setting for taste-tempting meals prepared each day by our Executive Chef. Plus the best part is its all part of our freedom Dining program that sets us apart from the others.

Gracious common areas are ideal for gathering with friends and neighbors. The Walnut Grove theater provides movies and other varied entertainment. Take care of business at the in-house bank, gift shop and beauty salon, or schedule the driver to take you where you need to go. Plus Concierge and valet parking services are at your service! You can even accommodate visiting friends and family in our guest suite.

Enjoy resort-style living and peace-of-mind with our all-inclusive package:

• Chef-Prepared Meals Daily

• Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Vegetarian

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Pharmacy

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Minimum age: Minimum age: 55+