Mistywood

Reviews of Mistywood

Overview of Ratings

4.6

June 26, 2015

I went to Mistywood. The staff was just very nice. I'm sure that the people that live there enjoy it. In fact, one of my friends from church is living there, and she enjoys it. I had lunch there, and it was good. We had a private room, but it was very small and very depressing. I think they had all kinds of activities if you're at the right age, but I'm not just there yet, and it was depressing to me.

May 29, 2015

I've been living in Mistywood for three months now, and it is a wonderful place. The food is wonderful; it is too good that I've gained 12 pounds. The managers are absolutely wonderful, and they are there 24 hours a day. They've got big studios, one bedrooms, and two bedrooms, which are beautiful. With dining, it's four to a table. It's got a beautiful atrium where people meet, and they have entertainment there sometimes. They do have some chair exercises and speakers, and a happy hour every Friday where they serve wine. The staff is wonderful. They have young people that serve the food in courses. They ought to have more mind stimulating things.

May 18, 2015

By Linda107128350

Everybody is very friendly, and the place is very clean. Mom really liked the room she got, and she brought in her cats. She gets three meals a day. It is very safe and secure, and it is close to where I live. Mistywoods has all what we needed, the staff is very good, and there is always somebody on the premises. They are accommodating and helpful.

March 27, 2015

The place itself was beautiful. It was bright and cheerful, and there was always something going on. The one thing I really liked more about Mistywood was the layout of it. You walk in, there was the dining room, there was everything going on, so everything was just really cool, and I really liked that. Of course, the rooms themselves were spread out, but the community rooms were all within the front of the building so I really liked that because, in a way, it feels that you don't really have to go over that far if you want to find out what was going on. The staff was nice. They also served three meals a day. They did arrange for me to have lunch, and the food was good. They did have probably more variety, but that was not that big of a deal, and they do serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They have movie nights, little parties, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, on-site Bible studies, and different games and things that they play. It was so nice and it might be something you can afford. It was very well-kept and pretty.

October 11, 2014

By LovelyLady20

I like the friendliness at Misty Wood. It’s very pleasant. I like the idea of having a bedroom, a living room, bathroom, and a kitchenette. I was looking for a place that had bible stud,y and this one does. The staff is wonderful. They’ve been able to answer all of my questions. I meet staff members in the hallways or in the dining room, and they’re very cordial. I like the way they serve the food. They would go in to have a meal. They ask if you’d like to have another person come sit with you.

September 30, 2014

By Dave23

I saw a more active group at Mistywood. I went there because a lot of people at the other facility that I used were familiar with this facility. It’s kind of a good location because it’s not that far from the other facility that we visit for medical services, so I thought it would be smart to give it a go. It was a very nice facility and it is a relatively new facility, so it’s very warm and inviting. The place is extremely clean, the staff was very nice, and I felt that the people there were more into pressuring people to make a quick decision, and that is something that you really need to think about quite a bit before you make your final move because those were more prominent moves. I didn’t see any vehicles for transporting people, but they do exercises, they play bingo, cards, and they had a library. Excellent accommodation.

March 31, 2014

The only other care facility experience I have was with my grandmother, who was in Mistywood. She was actually in the independent all the way up until the end. I liked everything about the facility. The managers were great. Everybody who was there was great, very compassionate, very supportive. They were very accommodating to people who had different diets, but the food was always really good when we ate there. At the last month of her life, we ate there a lot, so it was nice, and while she was going through hospice, they were more than willing to bring meals up to us or let us come down. I can't complain at all about how she was treated while she was there. They had a lot of stuff. There was something going all the time. Every night, they had an activity where they could go downstairs and there would be something like a card game, and then throughout the day, they would have like a Wii bowling tournament here or a bridge tournament there, and they would take them on field trips to various places. Not only did they bus them to church if they wanted to go to church, but on Sundays they had a rotating minister who would come. It was a fantastic place for her. She lived there for nine years. Since it opened, she'd been there. I know that there are still several people who my mom kept in contact with. They still live there, and they have lived there since it opened.

December 17, 2013

My mom has just moved in at Mistywood this October, and currently, she is pretty well adjusted there. We chose this facility because they have a lot more going for it. The building isn't horrible, old or dilapidated and their rooms aren't rundown too, but the people there are nice. The management and their working staff have been very nice as well. Regarding activities, they have a ton of stuff there to do. They do bridge, Wii games, and all kinds of card games. The whole family had a chance to eat there and the food was very good. It was real food and it wasn't shipped in like in the old place that my mother lived in.

July 26, 2013

By sandie2

MISTYWOOD IS AN UPBEAT AND GREAT GROUPE OF RESIDENTS AND STAFF. EVERYTHING WAS CLEAN AND INVITING. FOOD WAS EXCELLENT AND NOT TOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE MEAL. THEY EVEN PROVIDE FOR A HALF PORTION WHICH IS GREAT.AS WELL AS HAVE OTHER CHOICES YOU COULD HAVE IN PLACE OF THE REGULAR MEAL. OVERALL I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE WHOLE APARTMENTS AND FACILITY.

Photos of Mistywood

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Mistywood

Mistywood is located in Roseville, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Mistywood for a visit...and stay!

Map of Mistywood