St. John's Meadows | Independent Living

1 Johnsarbor Dr W, Rochester, NY, 14620

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of St. John's Meadows | Independent Living

Caring93453050 August 30, 2014

The person that showed us around Saint John's Meadows was very well informed. It seemed a compatible place. We didn't see any activities, but they told us about them.

Caring86438350 July 20, 2014

We looked a lot of facilities, and St. John's Meadows looks like the best for my mother. She likes the meals, and that would be the best thing, I think. The staff is OK. They seem to have a lot of activities, a wide array of them. I think the rooms are quite nice and spacious. It also looked clean.

Caring57120350 April 22, 2014

St. John's Meadows is just a short distance from my home. The staff was very nice and very helpful. The fact that they are not a la carte, that is one price, was great because we didn't have to worry that if her condition deteriorated that we would have to pay more. It's a beautiful place. The rooms were very nice. You could get a 1-bedroom. They have a lot of different things. They have lectures and discussions, clubs, arts and crafts, as well as other kinds of recreation. It really felt homey.

Irene12 February 26, 2014

St. John's Meadows is mostly independent. There is the part that's assisted but not much. I have an apartment that is a fairly good size and I cook my own meals. I don't go down for dinner. They have a lot of activities, bridge, euchre, all sorts of things. I have not participated too much because I haven't been here very long. It's a very nice place. The people are friendly here. If you have any questions about anything, they certainly are willing to answer and it's a very nice facility all around.

CJ88SY November 20, 2012

My experiences visiting my grandfather at St. John's Meadows were quite positive. The facility is highly-equipped to assist seniors of all abilities accomplish many goals. Whether the residents wish to quietly rent a small home along the perimeter of the property, or live within the main buildings in the center of the campus, there was something for everyone. Being more active and able than some other residents, my grandfather was able to rent a small two bedroom home in the community.Exploring St. John's Meadows was an interesting adventure, as there were so many different aspects to it that made it wonderful for seniors and their visitors. The staff in the main office was incredibly helpful and welcoming, always willing to tell us where to go for certain activities and events. There was a heated indoor pool in the facility that my grandpa could make sure was open simply by flipping onto an in-house TV channel, which revealed a video feed for the pool house.The only negative issue with the community at St. John's Meadows was the access to the main entrance. It is located on a very busy road in Rochester, and has no traffic light at the entrance's intersection with the road. Turning left out of the community onto this road was nearly impossible, and quite dangerous for even a young and alert adult like myself. I always worried that my grandpa was going to attempt a difficult left turn exiting his community and get into a car accident.

About St. John's Meadows

St. John's Meadows is an independent living community in Rochester, NY designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact St. John's Meadows for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of St. John's Meadows