Fleming Point

720 Latta Rd, Rochester, NY, 14612

Reviews of Fleming Point

PattySA February 21, 2016

My Mom has lived at Fleming Point for 8 years now and she loves it! It is a great place and they really keep the residents active. I had to get her an answering machine because she is never home! The 3 meals a day,plus transportation to shopping and doctor appts, etc, is a real plus! Cleaning and linen change once a week is a bonus as well! Recently my mom had a problem with her leg and I was able to hire an aide to get her to meals and activities as well as showering while she was in a wheelchair. What a relief that she was able to stay in her apartment and not interupt her daily routine while she recuperated. The fact that a physical therapist is on-site made all the difference!

In the years my mother has been there we have seen managers come and go and they have mostly all been great. Vickki and Bill, the present managers, are amoung the best ones ever! They go out of their way for all the residents and work so hard! I hope they stay for a long, long time. I have real peace of mind knowing my mom is there and in good hands. It is not only a beautiful building and grounds, but it is truly a home for the residents! If you need a place for your loved ones to stay independent yet have a watchful eye on their care, this place is for you!

Sue112221250 August 27, 2015

My mom is now at Fleming Point, and she loves it. It is like a grand hotel. It is beautiful. They provide the meals, and the meals have been very good. They have activities, and they take residents out on a trip on Mondays. They also take residents out for any doctor's appointments that they may have on Tuesdays.

Marie111107850 August 05, 2015

Fleming Point was a lovely place. I was very impressed with the looks of the place and the amenities that were there for the residents. The staff was very warm and welcoming and seemed to know the residents very well. They greet them by name and that kind of thing. My mother was also very impressed by the place itself, and she was just dumbfounded by how lovely it was, but she doesn't really want to go any place. It was very nice, and they were very accommodating for us. We saw a few different varieties of room -- studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom -- and they were all very nice, well laid out, and seemed to have everything that they would need. They just bring in their own furniture, but as far as kitchen things like a refrigerator and things like that, they had that available for the residents, and they seemed to be quite roomy; that surprised me. The dining room was very nice. We had lunch there, they had a nice variety of food, and what we ordered for lunch was very good. I was impressed that a lot of the waiting staff knew the favorites of so many of the residents, so it was a very positive experience. They seemed to have many different activities -- exercise activities, game activities, Bingo, and other games that they could play as a group. They have arts and crafts things, and they took them out shopping to the grocery store and sometimes to the neighborhood store where they could look for clothing or whatever. They have lots of activities to keep them busy and a variety of things that appeal to different people.

Caring102878250 February 26, 2015

My mother has already been in Fleming Point for a month now. It’s a wonderful facility, and she loves it there. We liked that the managers live on site. She is enjoying all the activities like bingo, and they have entertainment come in. The food is excellent.

Mom has an apartment with 1-bedroom, one living room, and a little kitchenette area that’s got a refrigerator and some cabinets for if she wants to keep snacks.

Sandy49 January 25, 2015

I also visited Fleming Point, and they were excellent. If I didn't pick the one my mother's in, I would have picked Fleming Point. They were very accommodating and very friendly, and they just seemed to have a nice homey feel. The rooms were very good too. The staff that accommodated me during the tour was excellent.

Deborah C.1 September 10, 2014

Flemming Point is fabulous. My mom is very happy there. Actually, it seems like one big family. The staff, the managers, everybody is extremely friendly. They are very attentive to details and very congenial with all the residents. We had looked at other places in the Rochester area, and Flemming Point just really felt more comfortable at first impression. My mom is very pleased with the food and all the selections and variety that are offered. As far as her apartment, she's had a few guests from the family, and it is just very nice. She is 87, and based on her requirements the apartments are set up with all the safety bars in the bathroom, and all the residents wear an alert button around their neck, which is a very good idea, in case they fall or need help with something right away. Even the wall plugs in the room are higher to make them easier for older people to get to. There are a lot of lights, and their placement is very, very oriented towards older people.

They've got so many activities. They play card games and they have different people in the community that come in and either sing or play piano to provide music. Every month they have a different theme, and just recently they had a Hawaiian day and the servers in the dining room wore leis around their necks, while a couple of the other staff had a Hawaiian skirt over their clothes. They had music playing, and their menu had some pineapples; it was just kind of more oriented around a Hawaiian theme, and they do different things like that for the residents. Every resident gets a flyer with large print that lays out all the activities and times by day, and they have an intercom system, which they use to notify the residents that such and such is taking place at whatever time, so they can come to the activity room if they want to participate. They provide transportation a couple of days a week to doctors' appointments. This place is just what my mom and I were looking for.

Caring89558150 July 25, 2014

We went to Fleming Point. I like the location of it. We didn't like it because it was too big. Some of the things were located on the second floor that we would have to attend to. I think it would just be too overwhelming for my father. It was very open; it was very nice; it was clean. The people that were there were very nice. We saw them playing a baseball game with bean bags.

Maggie1441 December 14, 2012

If your looking for a warm, caring homey place to live then Fleming Point is that place. The staff and residents are welcoming and friendly. There are daily activities, a great library, Saturday movies with popcorn. Weekly entertainment gets feet tapping and hands clapping. Local school children visit and dance studios perform to the delight of all.
The parent company gives perks too... you can stay at any of there facilities for free!

maggie144 July 08, 2012

My mom has lived at Fleming Point for about 4 years now and it is amazing how he health and emotional well being has improved since she moved there. It has a very warm family atmosphere with an activities calendar full of anything anyone would want. Music, cards, painting, bingo, exercise classes and trips to local restaurants weekly. The staff and residents are a friendly and caring and go the extra mile for each and every person living there. Pets are allowed, a great plus. At first I was concerned there wasn't a full kitchen in the apartments but now realize it is better that way.. because they provide 3 meals and there is always fresh fruit, snakes, coffee, tea hot chocolate available. Plus it is safer not to have stoves/ovens in the rooms. Holidays are celebrated with gusto and family members are encouraged to join in the festivities. Mom love living there "such a pretty place" "looks like a hotel". She has done one stroke painting,drawn pictures which she has given to her grandsons as gifts.. who knew! I love Fleming Point because my mom does and I know she is happy and safe..

From Fleming Point

Fleming Point is located in Rochester, NY, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Fleming Point for a visit...and stay!

Features of Fleming Point

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room