Friendship Retirement Community

327 Hershberger Road, Nw, Roanoke, VA, 24012

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Friendship Retirement Community

speccy2 December 22, 2012

The facilities, both independent living and assisted living, were kept very clean. The independent living had less staff, but we almost always saw maintenance people keeping walkways clear and emptying trash cans. The assisted living facility was also very clean, but the staff could seem unfriendly sometimes, mostly during the holidays. My aunt rarely had any complaints about either facility, but she did mention that the quality of the food had degraded during her stay. Several of her neighbors had mentioned that the toilets were not of the highest quality, often requiring several flushes to fully remove waste. My aunt did enjoy the activities that the staff facilitated among the residents. She regularly played Scrabble with several of her neighbors, and enjoyed the church services that were held on premises. I also noticed that the facility appeared to be well staffed when we would visit her during the holidays, and my aunt always said that they would have several Christmas parties for residents with games and gift exchanges. Overall, her stay was very positive, and we never noticed anything that would cause us to have concern about this facility.

891skype February 24, 2012

My grandparents live at Friendship Manor and have for a number of years now. They have progressively declined in both physical and mental health and the staff there have been continuously kind and patient. Though my own family struggles to endure the daily challenges of caring for and interacting with two people who only very vaguely resemble the individuals we have known for years, the staff at Friendship Manor continue to care for my grandparents and seek out the best decisions for their care. They have accommodated us in many unique situations and have been patient beyond what I would have expected from such a facility. Though I have not personally had the opportunity to speak with or to thank any staff members at Friendship Manor I am continually thankful that my grandparents are being cared for at such a place. Thank you for providing quality care and facilities for the elderly!

From Friendship Retirement Community

Friendship Retirement Community is a place where enjoying life is the ultimate goal. A campus where a diverse base of residents, professionals, and services are woven together to form a community.

Features of Friendship Retirement Community