Fairwinds - Rio Rancho | Independent Living

920 Riverview DR SE, Rio Rancho, NM, 87124

Reviews of Fairwinds - Rio Rancho | Independent Living

RH136278 September 30, 2016

Our tour at Fairwinds went really well, and we were impressed with the facility. The rooms were nice-shaped and were nice space-wise. The space was used very well and wasn't dead space. We were impressed with the room and the staff, and it seemed to be very busy like everybody was doing something, going here and there, so it seemed very well. I feel that the package they give was very informative, they answered any questions we needed to know, and pretty much everything is a really good facility as far as the care for elderly, their doctors, the care-giving, and the stages. I was very impressed.

Debbie614043 September 02, 2016

Fairwinds - Rio Rancho is excellent, and my dad is there. The facility is very manicured, well-kept, modernized, and remodeled. It is very easy to get around and maneuver through. It's a nice facility. There is a ton of activities on the calendar. The food is great. They offered us several free meals when we came to visit. I would highly recommend it.

TKMiles March 05, 2016

Ditto on all the other reviews, however, the monthly rental rates are not as prohibitive as others in the ABQ area. I visited many facilities in the area for my Mom, and I fell in love with Fairwinds because of the positive happy energy I felt the moment I walked into the front doors. All the residents seemed very happy and well taken care of. The food was great and the apartments were sunny, clean, modern and inviting, I was impressed with the amenities, including the transportation, and the management staff were very personable. I also like the fact that it feels very safe. The property is very well taken care of. I would love to see my Mom as a resident at Fairwinds, as she lives in Rio Rancho and would not have to transition out of her community, and I think she would be happy here.

Maxinne February 29, 2016

I was very impressed with Fairwinds. The only reason that I didn't choose it is that their community is a little more active than my mother, and so there weren't quite as many things for her to do.

Vickie14 February 29, 2016

The friendliness of the staff at Fairwinds impressed me the most. They offered many activities, like exercise classes. There was a bistro off the lobby, and the food was excellent. Residents and staff stopped and talked to us. The staff and residents were extremely happy and interactive with each other.

caringfamilymember1 January 26, 2016

We chose Fairwinds - Rio Rancho because it's pet friendly, and it seems to serve all of my wife's needs. They have a restaurant inside, and a bus service that will take them anywhere. They have outings everyday if you want to go to a casino, grocery store or doctor's appointments. The food is good if you go there once, but then it gets routine. They have a daily special, and then everything else is the same everyday. They provide two meals per day, lunch, and dinner; which are part of the rent. You can also buy breakfast if you want or you can just have oatmeal or a bowl of cereal. She has a refrigerator, and a microwave in her room. They can improve on responding to requests. There are a couple of things that I questioned. The remote of the TV didn't work; I requested for her to get a new one. It's been two weeks, and she still doesn't have a new one. I've contacted the general manager a couple of times for this kind of stuff, and it gets handled right away. She has been there for two months now.

EE December 28, 2015

Fairwinds - Rio Rancho was very nice. They are in an area that has less traffic and a lighter population. I felt much more comfortable in this facility than other places I visited. It is pretty good but very expensive. The staff was just as nice as could be and very accommodating. The residents seemed happy to be living in this facility.

Caring107266450 March 08, 2015

Fairwinds was excellent, beautiful, and very nice. It offered everything my mother needed like transportation services, and their transportation policy kind of throws on it. My mother wanted to drive. She goes to her activities, and there is an extra fee for that but that’s fine. Fairwinds offers that, and the other facilities did not.

Marion19 December 18, 2014

I just looked online and found Fairwinds - Rio Rancho and thought it might be in my price range. The staff were very nice. The rooms were very clean. The dining room was very pleasant. They had movies, Bingo, a lot of different groups that did things, and exercise. The facility seemed to be pleasant and comfortable. I was really impressed.

Caring96025450 November 14, 2014

I thought the staff at Fairwinds - Rio Rancho was very informative, they answered all our questions, and they seemed really pleasant. The rooms were of good size, nice, and very clean. The menu looked very enticing, and the dining room looked very elegant and clean. They have a lot of activities, they take trips, they were having a playroom, they have a good walking track around the building, and they do have a nice outdoor patio to sit down. They have a board where they list the activities for the week, and they do have transportation to various types of activities. They do have service to doctors' offices and shopping. I was very impressed with it.

Clarence6 August 13, 2014

Fairwinds is very nice, but it is expensive and it doesn't have continuing care. The staff was very nice. I looked at the menu and it was outstanding. The rooms were very nice.

Martha13 August 10, 2013

We had mom at Fairwinds. The rooms and the people were very nice, but the other service staff seems to have no direction.

From Fairwinds - Rio Rancho

Fairwinds - Rio Rancho, located in a quiet residential area of Rio Ranch, offers luxurious apartment homes in a fun and active retirement community. We are very proud to be managed by Leisure Care, who, for over 30 years, has led the industry in the development and management of elegant retirement communities that are all about Five-Star Fun. At Fairwinds - Rio Rancho we have set colossal standards for quality and choice in guest services, amenities, resort-style living, and in all things "fun."

Live at Fairwinds - Rio Rancho and enjoy your own private apartment home, and fill it with your own treasured belongings. Meet new friends and entertain family in the beautifully appointed dining room. We offer true restaurant dining, and all meals are prepared for you by our very own chef. Then there's the programs! Sign up for an art class. Start a new fitness program. Or book that travel excursion you've always wanted to. You will be amazed by how many fun social and recreational activities there are just waiting for you. Whether you want to spend an afternoon in the library with a good book, take a stroll in the beautifully landscaped courtyards, enjoy a night on the town with your sweetie, or want to socialize with friends, Fairwinds - Rio Rancho has it all. Do what you want, whenever you want to.

Imagine the peace of mind knowing that our highly-trained staff is available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have and that every apartment is equipped with an emergency communication system. And if you need some assistance, whether a little or a lot, our Assisted Living services are available and can be started at any time.

Quite simply, at Fairwinds - Rio Rancho, it's your life, on your terms. We help make it all possible. Come join us for Five-Star Fun.

Features of Fairwinds - Rio Rancho

• Minimum Rate $2000/month
  • Fee Structure Extra We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites We Offer Companion Suites

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Features Extra Movie Theater, Pool Table, Happy Hour Along With Other Daily Activities, W/D In Residence

• Technology Extra Emergency Call System

• Activities Extra Computer Class, Weekly Happy Hours, Tea Parties, Dances, Karaoke

• Staff Patient Ratio 1 To 15