The Virginian | Independent Living

300 Twinridge Ln, Richmond, VA, 23235

Reviews of The Virginian | Independent Living

Caring78207150 January 31, 2014

My in-laws are now in The Virginian. We chose this facility because they meet their needs over and beyond. Also the price is great. The facility is clean. My in-laws are doing very well. They have adjusted very well there. Also they moved them in with no extra charge. Their room is gorgeous. There's a cathedral ceiling. It's beautiful. The staff is very nice. They're caring people. They would call their residents by their name. They have lots of activities. They have karaoke. They have aerobics that they do in their chairs. They have different people come like they might be people that service hearing aids and also they have musical groups that come in as well. They have church services for different denominations on different times. They have a little bus that takes them to different places. They even take them to their doctors' appointments. Regarding food, sometimes it is good, but sometimes it is plain. Overall, what I like best about this facility is not being worried about my in-laws and the security of having staff there 24/7.

Carl5 October 29, 2013

Very intimate environment with about 108 units. Friendly and professional staff, the managers are servers at the meals which are served on the 3rd floor of a 4 floor facility. Very veteran friendly, utilities and cable included in this modestly priced facility located adjacent to an assisted living facility making it convenient for a resident whose level of care may change from indepdendent to a higher level requiring assistance.

John66709750 September 26, 2013

She chose Virginian because the facility was something that suites her needs. It provided three meals a day. It's a ground floor living facility and that is good to her because she couldn't get upstairs very easily as mobility is a problem for her. She got a two bedroom apartment although it was a downsize place for her, but still reasonable. It's a really nice place and it got some transportation. It is also close to a rehab facility. I would recommend this facility to others if they were looking for an independent living facility.

mahartley September 19, 2013

I wasn't particularly impressed with The Virginian, although that has a lot to do with my preconceived thoughts about these kind of places. The facilities was good. The setting was nice. The staff was very pleasant. They have basically the activities that I'm interested in, although I wish they have a swimming pool. I had a meal there and it was the most awful meal I ever had in my life. Otherwise the place and the accommodations were fine. The only issue I had with it was when I was dealing with their sales person. There was this sales pitch that made me think that what they really want is for me to be there so they can have some more money. I couldn't get past that feeling. Then the bad food reinforced that idea - they want money but they don't want to feed people edible food! Good food is very important to me, so that's certainly enough to turn me away from a place if I'm going to count on them for my meals.

Terrie 1 September 22, 2012

Nicely appearing facility, well kept. My parents have made friends here because of the scheduled meal time, when everyone goes and eats at the same time. The meals are less than what I would hope for, but my parents are reasonably satisfied. The staff is very friendly. My parents came from anther state, so this kind of setting where meals are a part of the package are worth the additional money because it has created social connections for them.

From The Virginian

The Virginian is located in Richmond, VA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Virginian for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Virginian

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room