Heritage Oaks | Independent Living

1100 German School Rd, Richmond, VA, 23225

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Heritage Oaks | Independent Living

Bill705815 June 10, 2016

I had found Heritage Oaks for my mother but she passed away two weeks ago. They were very friendly and caring there, and she seemed to enjoy the food very much. She was wheelchair bound, so there was only so much that she could do, but she did do a bit. The rooms were very clean and, considering that she had a studio, it was fine because it was all she needed. The atmosphere was great.

Frank514376 June 10, 2016

Heritage Oaks was good. The staff was very friendly and very competent, and I didn't have any problems at all. They had a library, and we were impressed with the dining area. The apartments were OK. They had the usual bingo games and activities like that.

SabrenaUUVCY May 11, 2016

I think Heritage Oaks is good for people older than I am as most of the residents were older. The staff was so friendly, and the residents seemed happy. The dining area was clean and nice. The neighborhood seemed friendly and was close to a hospital. They had an exercise room and a recreation room.

Patricia123965250 April 25, 2016

What I liked best at Heritage Oaks was the size of their apartments and that the studio was very nice and reasonably priced. The residents were visible in the lounging area and other areas. The one thing I didn’t like about it was that they only had one manager. Everything was clean and seemed well maintained. The recreational activities were kind of boring because it was sort of the same stuff every day, and it wasn’t a lot of variety.

James120328150 February 22, 2016

Bob of Heritage Oaks was great. He was very cordial and informative. The facility was clean and the residents appeared to be well taken care of. The room was nice, attractive, sunny, and bright. For its cost, it seemed very reasonable. The whole place was nice. There was a cosmetology area where both men and women could get their hair done.

Anonymous Reviewer12 February 16, 2016

We chose Heritage Oaks Retirement because of its price which is under $2,000. They were very helpful to mom. They have three meals a day. Mom can also have her dog there. It is a good place.

Caring108627350 July 13, 2015

My father is at Heritage Oaks. We chose it because it is the right amount of therapist and the right amount of cost. His room is private. It looks like a nice, average nursing home. The staff is great so far. For what they charge, I think it is appropriate.

Caring104960550 May 13, 2015

My mother-in-law is in Heritage Oaks, and that’s what we liked. The care is very good, and the staff is very nice. It’s a very clean and caring place. They have lots for their residents to do, and I just think that for the money, it’s a very good place. Even other places that were more expensive were not as nice.

lts1lyfe2live September 29, 2014

This place is very calm and peaceful. Residents seem very content. I saw the new enrichment coordinator interact with residents and she's a beautiful young lady, dressed very nicely and chit chatting with residents. I am greeted with smiles and a warm welcome. The rooms are beautiful and spacey.

Caring6783 September 17, 2014

The lady at Heritage Oaks Retirement Village who talked with me was very, very nice. I did not care as much for this facility. They were planning to remodel the dining room. It was very large, and even now, it is nice. The lady who showed me around was very nice, and they have a lot of activities there.

MissHim2010 July 29, 2012

When I went to go visit this facility I would go visit my grandfather. First me and my family would have to go to the front desk to sign in. We had been there so many times that the assistants knew our names and when they saw us they always greeted us with a smile. They would let us know how he was doing as well. We would usually go and eat dinner with my grandfather as well and the dining room had a special area that we could all sit at and we would share a meal together. The decor was what I would expect to be in an older persons home and it was a little dingy looking but everyone was helpful.

About Heritage Oaks

Heritage Oaks is an independent living community in Richmond, VA designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Heritage Oaks for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Heritage Oaks