The Wellington at Arapaho Independent Living

600 W. Arapaho Rd, Richardson, TX, 75080

Reviews of The Wellington at Arapaho | Independent Living

May 11, 2016

By LolaJYWNS

I toured the independent living of The Wellington at Arapaho. It was nice and quiet. The food was good, and you could get half servings. They were completely renovating it. The staff was very nice.

November 30, 2015

By Cindy T.

We toured The Wellington. They were well staffed. We saw a couple of residents, but we did not talk to anybody. The rooms were clean and nice. The neighborhood seemed nice, and we live a mile away, which was why we liked it.

November 08, 2015

By JM5

I pick The Wellington for my mother because they have larger rooms. It has rooms that actually have a bedroom and a living room with a kitchenette. They have more activities throughout the day, like they have exercise every morning from 10:00 to 11:00, Mondays to Fridays. They have activities in the afternoon. I like that they are all in one floor. They serve a large quantity of food. I do not know how it tastes, but it looks OK. They have an alternative menu that she can order from, if she does not like what they are serving that day. For the most part, I think the staff is fairly good. They come, wake her up in the morning, and tell her to get ready for breakfast. If she does not come for breakfast, they will come and get her. They come and get her when it is time for exercise and other activities. Most of them are quite nice.

November 05, 2015

By Marsha29

I went to visit The Wellington at Arapaho, and I saw that they didn’t have a full kitchen. What they had is an apartment-size refrigerator and a cabinet, and that's it. Their apartments were tiny, and that would not fit my husband's needs.

August 10, 2015

We visited The Wellington at Arapaho for my mother. It felt much more confined, and the concept was not as open as the other facility. It looked clean, but the building itself was very dark on the inside. It was adequate, but they just didn't offer the variety of things that the other facility offer. The staff was friendly though.

July 21, 2015

The thing that I liked The Wellington at Arapaho was that they had an apartment, and then they also had meals also for their residents. They also had the assisted living attached to it. The only thing I didn’t like about that one was it was an older facility, and it had some funny smells in it, but other than that, it was a little bit too far away from me.

December 26, 2014

By Jo Ann6

The Wellington at Arapaho is expensive. I looked at the rooms that were available. They change the carpet every time they change residents and paint the walls. After the interview, an older lady -- who I believe was the manager -- came in, I told her that I had several other places to look at and that I would get back with her if I decided on it, and she said, "Why'd you be back?" It was very condescending. It just wasn't as good an atmosphere, and it didn't seem that they were as interested in the residents as they should be. They weren't personable.

November 16, 2012

By MaryG1

The Wellington at Arapaho is just amazing. You would never know it's a 10-year old facility because it looks brand new. My mom is not staying there yet and we just moved furniture yesterday. But based on what we've seen, it's all positive. The residents seem so happy. It's nice, clean and neat. The grounds and everything else are pristine. We also like the friendliness of the people and what they offer for the menus. It's just fantastic. They are wonderful.

Photos of The Wellington at Arapaho

Features of The Wellington at Arapaho

About The Wellington at Arapaho

Enjoy the quiet, muted tones of solitude in your own spacious apartment, knowing friends and an attentive staff are close by. When you're ready, join in on the exciting, vibrant tones of the camaraderie of your community. You'll always have a wealth of things to do at your fingertips keeping you as active as you want to be.

Our community provides you with areas to get away from it all (maybe with a bestseller from our library along with areas to enjoy the company of others. Connect to the Internet on a computer, join friends in the billiards room, relax in our television theater lounge, or step onto our community bus to explore the surrounding areas without the worries of driving.

Say hello to a relaxed lifestyle at The Wellington, where you can paint your retirement any way you please. We invite you to come for a visit. Explore your retirement options, the Wellington way.

Map of The Wellington at Arapaho