Brookdale Redwood City | Independent Living

485 Woodside Road, Redwood City, CA, 94061

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Brookdale Redwood City | Independent Living

Caring90553550 July 31, 2014

Mom is at Woodside Terrace. We chose this facility because it's close to us, to the doctor, it was centrally located in town so my mom could get around easily, and the price is right. The staff are very patient and caring. Her room is very clean and very spacious. They have a swimming pool and exercise room. They also have exercise and Tai-chi classes. They go out to excursions on a daily basis to shopping centers and so forth. It's a very active adult community and I am very happy that mom is in there.

Jim65373450 July 19, 2014

We visited Woodside Terrace, and it was in a very busy area of Woodside Road. It was a big complex and the grounds were nice. The rooms were very nice. The place was well kept and well maintained. The common areas were very nice and well decorated. The dining area had a restaurant style setup, but there was an area with more room, conducive to people in wheelchairs, because they had a huge assisted living population. I haven't tasted the food but it was highly recommended. The staff was good. For people like me who are interested, they kept us on their mailing list and we were invited to things. I've gone there several times for events. I would like my mother to be there because there were World War II vets there, but it was $6,000 a month and we couldn't afford it. I would absolutely recommend them to others.

Caring83652850 April 30, 2014

The grounds were beautiful at Woodside Terrace; however, one thing that I saw could be a problem is the walkways were not an even walking surface in the courtyard area. The people were nice and I like the setting. It was nice. There were trees, and it was in a neighborhood where you could walk to the dry cleaners or to the store. So it's nice.

Caring82831250 April 22, 2014

We were very impressed with everything we saw in Woodside Terrace. The staff treated us very well. The rooms were very nice and spacious. It was great. They had a whole bunch of activities, like tours and religious services.

Martha15 September 11, 2013

Woodside Terrace is very nice, but very expensive. The lady we spoke with was very, very gracious and showed us around and explained everything. She called our friends who had moved there and they came down. The room that she showed me was very, very small.

Caring7276 March 22, 2013

My mother barely stayed 10 days at Woodside Terrace before she passed away. The facility was horrible. I thought it was a nice place for my mother to stay. They put my mother in a dining room, not a real room. I would never recommend this facility to others.

Trevor2 January 28, 2012

After a difficult surgery to repair an aortic aneurism and several weeks recovery in a hospice we moved my grandfather to Woodside Terrace to help make his life a little easier. None of the family was in a position to take my grandfather in at the time, and to be honest I do not think he would have liked to be doted on by the family. I visited the home several times and found it to be very pleasant. They had several living spaces and floor plans available based on the occupant needs, and while he was there my grandfather was moved closer to care as he needed it. The floorplans are comfortable and very similar to apartment living with adequate space and many rooms have a balcony. There are the obvious necessities for the elderly such as modified bathrooms, large doorways and emergency buttons located around the rooms. I dined with him in the common area once or twice and always found the food to be quite good. The communal dinning option was nice for times when my grandfather was looking for social interaction, but there were other ways to eat in private should he desire. From what I could tell the staff were helpful and treated the occupants with respect, and my grandfather rarely complained about the service and certainly had no major complaints. The facility also had several organized events and outings however my grandfather was never one for these types of things and so I cannot comment on them. Overall I would say the family was very pleased with our experience and while placing a family member in an assisted living situation is never easy this facility made it easier.

anonymousinSF June 22, 2011

This facility definitely fills a need and has been a staple in a community that has fewer other options, but does it without much distinction.

There are two towers: one for independent living and the other for assisted living, which can make it very awkward if a resident has to move. But at least in some cases, this may be more jarring to others to those other than the residents, who don't always want to live together when their needs and mental capacities are very different.

The scheduled activities are those usually offered in assisted living facilities, but nothing that sets them apart.

And residents may find they need to do some pushing to get the right level of care, sometimes with the added help of family members and friends. The caregiving and management staff deliver quality care.

The cost at Woodside Terrace is moderate, which again, is part of the reason the facility serves a need in the community.

dbeck03 April 28, 2011

Visited this facility

Woodside Terrace was the last stop on a tour of communities we were considering for Mom and Mom-in-law, and my reaction was decidedly mixed.

The grounds were in good shape and the facilities fine. The apartments are basic but quite livable, if a bit small. One odd thing we noticed -- there's no separation, like a countertop or bar, between the kitchen and the dining area.

We liked that they do wellness checks every morning and are equipped to offer on-site physical therapy, including a year-round pool. Also nice that they have a number of transportation options, including a town car.

I guess my biggest reservation would be regarding the location. The neighborhood felt kind of sketchy and run-down. Don't think I'd feel comfortable with Mom walking unsupervised much beyond the community grounds.

The other factor is even a little harder to pin down, but this seemed the most corporate of the places we checked out, like the marketing staff could just as easily been selling cars or carpeting.

From Brookdale Redwood City

Brookdale Redwood City provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Features of Brookdale Redwood City

• Internet in residents' rooms

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

Location of Brookdale Redwood City