Elliott Place Retirement

9540 E 75th Street, Raytown, MO, 64133

Reviews of Elliott Place Retirement

Donald087783 November 05, 2016

Elliot Place was nice, but it was quite a small place to live. The rooms were in pretty good shape. I don’t know about the buttons that they got all over the place. They said that they had a button at the kitchen and the bathroom in case you got into trouble. Somewhere else, they were up high on the walls, and I was just wondering if somebody fell to the floor, they couldn’t reach those buttons. I went to one area where the older people were, and it seemed OK. The staff people were good. They need to improve their security buttons. They were up on the wall, and if somebody fell, they couldn’t reach them.

Rhonda035822 October 27, 2016

Elliot Place is a totally different feel. It was a small community, which was nice. The apartments were beautiful and a very nice size. What I didn’t like -- also because it is independent living -- and I need something with a little more care than that. I need something in-between and there really wasn’t something like that, at least not in there. The layout was nice. Inside was some kind of gaming room area, a very nice sun porch area, and then there was the dining area. It was not like big game things, and I would not see structured things being set up all the time. Because it is independent living, it is not whatever they want to do, but there were things available. I would have picked this one first if it had three meals a day. It only had one meal, but they said that they were making it available so that it would have another meal. It was going to be that they would take it to each person’s room because each person is different as far as when they want to eat and when they would go to bed, and so I liked that. The other reason was that they didn’t have somebody on-site available. If you were to pull an emergency cord, they didn’t have somebody to come and assess what was going on. It just immediately calls the fire department. The fire department would come out, and that happened three times within a month. You would have to do something else and it would be about $500 a shot every time they came out. But they did say that they were hiring a company like a care company of some sort to be on-staff to assist in that. So instead of the fire department being called, it would call somebody to come in and at least assess the situation and see if further help needs to be done. They really needed that but I don’t know if it is in place yet. I actually loved the apartments, but for assisted living, it was even more than what my uncle would need. Like the kitchen, he wouldn’t need that at all. It had a very nice kitchen. It was a very nice one-bedroom apartment.
We thank the writer for such a positive review of our community but want to clearup some mis-information. We do have an emergency button in every bathroom and bedroom which goes directly to fire department and Raytown EMS. In the history of our campus (since 1998) no resident has ever been charged for a "false" or accidental call. Raytown Fire and EMS are great to work with and understand that in working with seniors sometimes accidental calls happen. Additionally, a member of our staff also responds when there is an alarm pushed. We are there to verify if the call is a true emergency or accidental, to provide assistance with information to Raytown Fire/EMS and to provide comfort to our residents. In addition we are currently partnering with Royal Comfort Services - which provides assistance with medication monitoring, bathing, etc. They too can provide assistance when the emergency button is pushed. We are a retirement community and our goal is to provide as many available services as we can to allow our residents to age in place.

Juanita633173 June 23, 2016

My visit with Elliot Place was very pleasant. The lady was very knowledgeable and able to answer all of my questions. It was a very nice facility. The staff member that I talked to was very courteous and knowledgeable. I did not have any problems. The apartments were nice, homey, and clean. The facility location was ideal. The grounds were clean and well maintained. For what they offered, the price was very fair. However, it was more than what I wanted to pay.

DianaIHPPP May 11, 2016

Elliott Place was very nice; however, I just can't financially do it right now. The director was very nice. We looked through a couple of places and saw some of the people who lived there and talked with them for a while, and it was a very good experience. It's primarily a living facility and had an open eating area if you wanted to stay there and have meals. The places are more like a home with a living room, a kitchen, a bedroom, a bathroom, so it's like moving into a one-bedroom apartment. They have planned activities for people to get together depending on what they were interested in. It was very nice to be able to walk around and get outside on a small patio, where you have the ability to do some gardening. They have quite a large area they're planning to build on, so they're planning to expand. I would highly recommend it. The Elliott Place is approximately $1,300 a month. Everybody is on one level, and they had their own space.

Rosemary30 March 09, 2016

I liked Elliot Place. They had a walking trail and people that came in to do exercises on different days, or you could go to the fitness center downtown. They had a garden for anyone who wanted to work in a garden and different activities outside that the bus would take them to. It was nice. I liked that it was quiet. The staff was very nice. The dining area was fabulous.

From Elliott Place Retirement

Welcome to Elliott Place, a senior community for people age 55 years and older that are looking for maintenance free, home-like living with the added benefits of meals, housekeeping, laundry, activities, transportation and more.

With lush grounds, abundant wildlife and walking trails, its apartments offer active seniors the best of both worlds - a peaceful country setting, centrally located to Greater Kansas City amenities and attractions.

Our one and two bedroom apartments are full-sized with large kitchens, accessible oak cabinetry, walk in closets, patios and an emergency medical alarm system.

Features of Elliott Place Retirement