Independence Village of Olde Raleigh

3113 Charles B. Root Wynd, Raleigh, NC, 27612

Reviews of Independence Village of Olde Raleigh

Caring Daughter119653950 February 29, 2016

Independence Village of Olde Raleigh is where mom is at. What impressed me were the apartment size and the cost, nice exterior, and the diversity there. Home health care is on site; people seemed nice. The staff is OK.

She’s in a 1-bedroom. The bedroom is a good size; maybe a little bit under 500 sq ft. The bathroom is decent, a little small kitchenette, sitting area. Most things were clean.

My mom doesn’t like the food, so they could have a more diverse menu: more leafy green vegetable, more vegetarian-type meal. She’s doesn’t need a lot of meat and everything is meat-based.

Jennie5 February 10, 2016

The staff at Independence Village of Olde Raleigh were very lovely. They were really nice, they served me lunch, gave me a good tour, and spent a lot of time explaining things. It was a very good visit. The apartments were very nice; not overly fancy, but very comfortable, and well-maintained. The dining area was beautiful. What impressed me most was the atmosphere of the staff interacting with the residents. It’s a happy place. I did not see a bunch of old people sitting around looking bored. They have a lot going on. They have a piano player while I was there. I would highly recommend them.

Caring113682750 September 30, 2015

I liked the gentleman who showed me around Independence Village. He knew the people as we went through the community, they spoke to me, and I stopped and talked to several of them. I liked the proximity of the place. The layout was a negative because a lot of the rooms were away from the dining room and the entrance. I was impressed with the place.

Linda111053750 September 08, 2015

The people that we met at Independence Village were very friendly and accommodating. The inside of the place is very bright and colorful. It’s just a comfortable place and very nice. The dining room is very open with lots of lights in there; it’s just a really marvelous place. I wouldn’t mind living there myself. They have an activity director, TV rooms, puzzle rooms, and places where you can sit around. They have all kinds of different recreation or movies all months long.

Caring108550350 June 18, 2015

There's a lot of interaction among staff and residents. There were activities going on the whole time I was there, and there was singing in one of the rooms. They had nice-sized apartments. The dining room seemed very nice, and everybody was eating together. They take them to the store, they have bingo, and they have a choir that they can sing with. Independence Village of Olde Raleigh is a pretty joyous place. It's a hybrid of independent and assisted living.

Caring102062050 November 22, 2014

My sister-in-law moved at Independence Village of Old Raleigh last September. When you walk in the residents seemed to be more engaged in things rather than just in wheelchairs. You see residents that are sitting in comfortable couches, and they are engaged with each other. It's more like a comfy community. The grounds were excellent. They are older, but they are very well cared for. Even their dining facility is more interactive. As far as marketing goes, they did their marketing very well, but they really weren't trying to push anything, and the price was outstanding.

Caring87586650 September 30, 2014

We have a place already. Independence Village has the usual bingo and activities. They have shopping sprees and general stuff that people have all the time. They provide 3 meals. The food wasn’t very palatable, but it’s better now.

June1730 September 14, 2013

Independence Village of Olde Raleigh was very nice although I only met one staff person who gave me the tour. The rooms were spacious enough and it had a homey feeling. I did not see any activities during my visit.

Susan63419950 June 29, 2013

My friend just moved in to Independence Village and so far so good. She has an efficiency apartment and they have their meals downstairs. The place is pretty, clean, and nice and the staff seems very good. The food seems okay.

From Independence Village of Olde Raleigh

Stand tall at Independence Village of Olde Raleigh, where the natural beauty of our community’s surroundings blends perfectly with the modern-day amenities offered in our updated studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment homes. Wall-to-wall carpet and mini-blinds on all windows provide the comforts of home that complement our fresh kitchenettes and spacious bathrooms with walk-in showers. Our beautifully manicured grounds and landscaped courtyard offer a great outdoor escape when the weather is nice. Our community offers privacy and the freedom to live the way residents choose in comfortable surroundings. At the same time, it offers companionship. Say goodbye to the worries of living alone with 24-hour caring and professional staff available in case of an emergency. Say goodbye to home maintenance and housework with our housekeeping services. Say hello to a relaxed lifestyle with recreation and entertainment programming and scheduled social events. Our convenient location offers great access to shopping, dining and entertainment in the City of Oaks with scheduled courtesy transportation available.

Convenient location! We are less than a minute walking distance to a shopping center with most needs and only five minutes from Rex Hospital

Features of Independence Village of Olde Raleigh

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Minimum age: 65

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Independence Village of Olde Raleigh