Abbotswood at Stonehenge

7900 Creedmoor Road, Raleigh, NC, 27613

Top Nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Abbotswood at Stonehenge

January 13, 2015

My mom stayed in Abbots. It was half an hour away, and the space was so constrained there. She couldn't go into her kitchen and turn around in her wheel chair to go back. She couldn't even go completely into the bathroom. She could only go halfway into the bathroom, she had to stand up on her wheelchair and try to limp a couple of steps over to the toilet, and we were desperately afraid she was going to fall in that tight space with all those sharp part edges. So, even though she was happy with the people and she was OK with the programs, we just weren't able to sleep at night thinking about her trying to go around that space in and out of her wheel chair. For one thing, her strength was such that she couldn't lock the wheels when she was getting out of it. However, the staff was friendly. It was brightly lit. When you came in, there was a big lounge area with a piano and a fire in the fireplace. It had an open and airy feeling. There were always a lot of people there sitting in that lounge when you came in so you had the sense that you weren't on your own. It had some matured vegetation around it. However, the food was sort of mediocre. The choices were very limited, and the typical portion they would give you was really small. I had eaten there a couple of times, and it was sort of like cafeteria food -- nothing particularly good. The breakfast there was cereal and juice.

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your mother had difficulty getting around her apartment while at Abbotswood. At our community we enlarge doorways and make alterations to apartments to meet the needs of those with assistive devices should our residents not be placed in handicapped accessible apartments.

We appreciate your comments about our Associates and community programs. We work hard to make Abbotswood a warm & friendly environment and are happy to hear that your mom loved this.

We take great pride in offering a wide variety of choices on our daily menus. Residents can choose from multiple entrees, everyday favorites selections as well as our soup and salad bar.

Our breakfast offerings are much more than cereal and juice. We offer a continental breakfast as well as made to order selections such as eggs by style, French toast, biscuits & gravy, pancakes and more.

Should you have the chance to visit Abbotswood again we invite you to stop by and taste these selections for yourself. Our home is always open to you!

Sincerely, Matt Towler, Executive Director, Abbotswood at Stonehenge

January 04, 2015

By famil

A year ago I visited several facilities in the north Raleigh area for a place for my 92 year old mother-in-law, She could no longer live alone in another state. We brought her here to Raleigh to be near us. I visited each facility at least twice. Abbotswood was the only facility that I visited that I walked away each time feeling really good. The lobby was warm and inviting and always full of residents. It was not stuffy as some places and not void of residents as were others. It was the only place where I felt she had a chance at a social life. Abbotswood offers full 1 and 2 bedroom apartments not just glorified hotel rooms. The food is very good as a norm. They offer full assistance packages if needed. Unfortunately however, no nursing home services. The staff is very friendly and have a genuine interest in their residents. They try to get to know them , their habits, their strengths and their needs. Abbotswood offers a variety of activities for all abilities. The staff is good at helping each resident adapt, adjust and find their niche. We have been elated!

November 14, 2014

We have looked at Abbotswood. It was more sterile and dated. It was a lot more expensive too. What I didn't like about this place is that they charge the base rent, but then you have a meal plan (so you can get like the silver, bronze and gold plan) and you have to pay for the meal plan too.

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us. Sterile and dated would not be our choice of words when describing our apartment homes, which have gone through many upgrades in the past few years.

Our apartments feature granite counter tops in both kitchen and bath, alongside an additional granite breakfast nook.

We are the only community in the Raleigh area currently offering the flexibility of Service Plans. Our residents have the freedom and flexibility to decide which plan best fits their lifestyle. As our residents needs change, they are also able to change what services they receive. This ensures that all residents get the full value of their services package.

When you have a chance we would love to have you stop by Abbotswood to meet the staff and learn more about what we have to offer.

Sincerely, Matt Towler, Executive Director, Abbostwood at Stonehenge

June 30, 2014

By Aileen63370450

I have found a place for my mom that seems to be working very well. Abbotswood is wonderful and the food is great. Everything so far has been satisfactory.

April 05, 2014

Abbotswood at Stonehenge is my mother's choice, but she hasn't moved in yet. It seems they have a very active program, and that interests her. She likes the look and feel of it, and also the apartment itself. Her's will have two bedrooms, a living room and a kitchenette. Their activities include bingo, puzzles, card games, trips to a lot of places, movie and a popcorn night. The other thing that was an interest to her is the religious services.

December 31, 2013

By Aileen82131250

November 28, 2012

By dvkb3021

My aunt lived here for almost fifteen years. She started in a assisted-living apartment and enjoyed her independence and freedom to move around and personalize her apartment. She could attend art classes, her own meals, and socialize with other apartment dwellers. After about nine years, and a series of blackouts (quickly tended to by the superb staff), she moved to the nursing home unit. She still had an individual private room, but much more monitored care. This was a superb facility, that allows seniors to adapt into a new environment. My parents and I really struggled with the decision and finding a home for her, but we ultimately decided on Abbottswood, because it was a great combination of retirement and nursing facilities. They have an onsite pharmacy, doctors of all specialities and even buses offsite to Walmart and Rite-Aid. All around, Abbottswood is a great facility that I would definitely recommend!

May 18, 2011

By cjmwb

Friend or relative of resident

My grandparents lived at Abbotswood for several years until my grandfather died. My grandfather had suffered from several strokes and needed substantial care that an assisted living facility could provide. I visited my grandparents numerous times over the course of several years and found the Abbotswood facility clean, nicely designed, and spacious. The staff seems to genuinely care about residents, and we did not experience any ""neglect"" issues. The food at Abbotswood is good (better than most retirement communities), and they offer a variety of healthy food choices. My grandparents seemed happy there. My grandmother made a number of friends during her stay, and it was good for her to be relieved from the overwhelming burden of caring for my grandfather. Abbotswood offers a variety of activities, card games, resident events, and monthly outings. Resident living quarters are well designed and maintained. If a relative needs assisted living, Abbotswood is a good choice, and I definitely recommend them.

Photos of Abbotswood at Stonehenge

Features of Abbotswood at Stonehenge

• Hiking Trails

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pets: All Pets

About Abbotswood at Stonehenge

Conveniently located on 10 acres in thriving North Raleigh, Abbotswood at Stonehenge is surrounded by nature with a rolling lawn in front and walking trails behind. The dedicated team of associates at Abbotswood have been building relationships with residents, families and the local community for over 20 years. Their commitment to service excellence creates the warm and friendly Abbotswood environment that is so well-respected by members of our local neighborhood. Within this family-like setting, you will have the opportunity to create as active or carefree a lifestyle as you choose. At Abbotswood, community and friendship are part of everyday where our residents, their families, and our associates share an engaging balanced lifestyle.

Life at Abbotswood at Stonehenge is comfortable and convenient with all the pleasures of home and none of the responsibilities. Whatever your interests and penchant for activity, you are free to share the company of friends at community social events, participate in educational enrichment programs and fitness classes, or simply enjoy the sunlight and tranquility of our atrium and courtyards. What makes Abbotswood feel so comfortable? It is the supportive team of associates who anticipate and acknowledge your preferences and needs so you can customize an independent lifestyle that's perfect for you.

Map of Abbotswood at Stonehenge