Abbotswood at Stonehenge

Overview of Ratings

4.0

June 30, 2014

By Aileen63370450

I have found a place for my mom that seems to be working very well. Abbotswood is wonderful and the food is great. Everything so far has been satisfactory.

April 05, 2014

Abbotswood at Stonehenge is my mother's choice, but she hasn't moved in yet. It seems they have a very active program, and that interests her. She likes the look and feel of it, and also the apartment itself. Her's will have two bedrooms, a living room and a kitchenette. Their activities include bingo, puzzles, card games, trips to a lot of places, movie and a popcorn night. The other thing that was an interest to her is the religious services.

December 31, 2013

By Aileen82131250

November 28, 2012

By dvkb3021

My aunt lived here for almost fifteen years. She started in a assisted-living apartment and enjoyed her independence and freedom to move around and personalize her apartment. She could attend art classes, her own meals, and socialize with other apartment dwellers. After about nine years, and a series of blackouts (quickly tended to by the superb staff), she moved to the nursing home unit. She still had an individual private room, but much more monitored care. This was a superb facility, that allows seniors to adapt into a new environment. My parents and I really struggled with the decision and finding a home for her, but we ultimately decided on Abbottswood, because it was a great combination of retirement and nursing facilities. They have an onsite pharmacy, doctors of all specialities and even buses offsite to Walmart and Rite-Aid. All around, Abbottswood is a great facility that I would definitely recommend!

May 18, 2011

By cjmwb

Friend or relative of resident

My grandparents lived at Abbotswood for several years until my grandfather died. My grandfather had suffered from several strokes and needed substantial care that an assisted living facility could provide. I visited my grandparents numerous times over the course of several years and found the Abbotswood facility clean, nicely designed, and spacious. The staff seems to genuinely care about residents, and we did not experience any ""neglect"" issues. The food at Abbotswood is good (better than most retirement communities), and they offer a variety of healthy food choices. My grandparents seemed happy there. My grandmother made a number of friends during her stay, and it was good for her to be relieved from the overwhelming burden of caring for my grandfather. Abbotswood offers a variety of activities, card games, resident events, and monthly outings. Resident living quarters are well designed and maintained. If a relative needs assisted living, Abbotswood is a good choice, and I definitely recommend them.

Let Us Search For You

• Hiking Trails

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pets: All Pets

About Abbotswood at Stonehenge

Conveniently located on 10 acres in thriving North Raleigh, Abbotswood at Stonehenge is surrounded by nature with a rolling lawn in front and walking trails behind. The dedicated team of associates at Abbotswood have been building relationships with residents, families and the local community for over 20 years. Their commitment to service excellence creates the warm and friendly Abbotswood environment that is so well-respected by members of our local neighborhood. Within this family-like setting, you will have the opportunity to create as active or carefree a lifestyle as you choose. At Abbotswood, community and friendship are part of everyday where our residents, their families, and our associates share an engaging balanced lifestyle.

Life at Abbotswood at Stonehenge is comfortable and convenient with all the pleasures of home and none of the responsibilities. Whatever your interests and penchant for activity, you are free to share the company of friends at community social events, participate in educational enrichment programs and fitness classes, or simply enjoy the sunlight and tranquility of our atrium and courtyards. What makes Abbotswood feel so comfortable? It is the supportive team of associates who anticipate and acknowledge your preferences and needs so you can customize an independent lifestyle that's perfect for you.

Map of Abbotswood at Stonehenge