CherryWood Village Retirement Community

1417 SE 107th Avenue, Portland, OR, 97216

Reviews of CherryWood Village Retirement Community

Shelley10 December 10, 2015

CherryWood was very comparable to the other place I visited. Their administration was terrible, though. They didn't have continuity and couldn't even remember that I had set up an appointment. The community was wonderful, but the people running it were horrible.

Your feedback is appreciated and we honor your honesty. This is not a typical experience for CherryWood village so we will make every effort to make improvements to this process.

Guest4 December 10, 2015

I liked the fact that they brought in entertainment at Cherrywood Village. They had two wonderful country-Western singers, a husband and wife in their early 50s, visit, and, in the past, it was people like Johnny Cash, Rita McIntyre, and so forth, singing in the dining area of the assisted living. What was nice about that was everybody was welcome whether you're an independent living person or a guest like me; whoever wanted to go can sit and watch them. I'm part of a theater group here in Queens that entertains older adults. I like doing little comedy skits; we've performed a couple of them and liked seeing the interactions, and I saw that same interaction there with the music. These people were singing songs and the older adults that were watching were into it, and it was wonderful to see that interaction. I thought the attitude of the staff was very nice and very caring, which is very important. For example, the young ladies who were helping to set up the show were very nice. I thought the staff was on par in the dining facility; those who served the people were very nice. So, my experience was very positive. They had a gym and a pool, and I did see some people in the pool. They had a community room where they can hold different activities, a library, beautiful grounds outside for walks, and a bus. it was on a long block but very nice. In the evening, they had a recital of chamber music in the chapel, and it was beautiful. I went to that; it was a lovely experience. The apartments were nice, and the food was average. On the whole, it was good. The food was OK, but I didn't think they had the healthiest of choices. They could have had a little more selection and healthy food options.

Thank you for your recent visit to Cherrywood village and appreciate the information. The staff at CherryWood are very nice and have a positive attitude. It is important to the staff to please our residents. We have a very musical campus and entertainment is a big part of what makes us special. I am please that you found everyone welcoming.

Caring90655850 August 29, 2014

CherryWood is a nice place. They have a beautiful swimming pool and that’s what I would go for. I haven’t eaten there, but I have an idea that it's pretty good and I know their standards are very high because I worked in their sister facility. They are very attentive to safety issues and cleanliness. They are constantly monitoring staff and personnel. They are very attentive to those details. I would trust somebody living there and would recommend the place.

Jim33 September 26, 2013

CherryWood Village is very close to Adventist Medical Center which is a big plus. It is very close to my church also. The wellness center is very good and there is a large pool along with that. The activities there are very good.

R.S August 21, 2013

This community is incredible. There is a real sense of family and caring among the residents and employees, the property is beautiful, the restaurant's food is excellent with a full menu, the coffee shop is great - they actually serve Stump Town coffee! - and the amenities are numerous and outstanding - especially the Wellness Center and it's great crew and the Activity team with their steady stream of excursions, clubs, classes, and events. I was first introduced to CherryWood Village back in 2001 and have been a fan ever since.

From CherryWood Village Retirement Community

From the excitement of city life to the unity of a close-knit community, CherryWood Village offers Retirement Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care options for seniors with the best of both worlds.

This delightful 13 acre campus is nestled in a secure and convenient area near the Adventist Medical Center and the Mall 205 shopping center. Residents are just minutes away from all the activities, adventures and destinations offered by the beautiful Portland area.

The heart of our campus is the Village Square. Here, residents can enjoy delicious meals at the Village Grill, share stories over coffee at the Cherry Delight Café, stay fit with classes and programs at our Wellness Center, and make new friends every day through activities, events, worship services and more.

We are excited to announce the opening of Parkview Memory Care at CherryWood Village. At Parkview, we offer personalized care in a unique home-like setting. Our "memory centers" are specially designed to help engage residents with Alzheimer's and dementia and access their long-term memories. At Parkview, we believe in individualized care for each person's unique needs: body, mind, and soul

We are a family owned and operated business whose success is based on the talent and dedication of our wonderful employees. Each employee - including homecare nurses and social workers - is an experienced professional who is licensed and certified in his or her field. Through everyone's efforts, the company continues to be a leader in the senior housing industry by providing quality, compassionate, resident-centered service.

We are a locally owned family business. CherryWood Village is a beautiful homelike setting nestled under Cherry trees. We believe in enhancing lives and celebrating the excitement of living.

Features of CherryWood Village Retirement Community

• 24 hour nurses: Parkview Memory Care

• Housing extra: Cottages
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Golf
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee

• Minimum age: 55