Regency Residence

6711 Embassy Blvd, Port Richey, FL, 34668

Reviews of Regency Residence

August 22, 2016

By Claudia843110

Regency Residence was good. There are older people there. Tom is 73, and he didn't think he fit in yet. We checked the pool area. Residents can have pets. It was very nice. It's close to where we live, so that's a good thing. The room size was large, and there was a large area closet if we needed to store things. I thought there was enough room to live comfortably. The whole area was nicely decorated, and it looked like it was a fun place to be. It had everything we'd need if we were to move over there.

February 22, 2016

By Jon11

I visited Regency Residence, which seemed to be clean and well taken care of and didn't have any odors. Everything looked nice and well-kept. The apartments were fine. The staff seemed OK, though we only saw one person.

December 28, 2015

By JulieMom

Regency Residence was a very nice, lovely place. The place was nicely decorated and had beautiful apartments. We looked at their chapel, and my liked that they had bingo and my mom.

December 21, 2015

By Mary117475150

Regency Residence is beautiful, clean, and set up beautifully. The food is excellent. We are extremely happy and couldn’t ask for anything better. The staff is very nice, and the rooms and apartments are beautiful too. My sister-in-law has two-bedroom with a beautiful setup. They have bingo, movies, and a beauty parlor on-site. It’s a very nice place with everything you need.

September 30, 2015

By Joyce113844150

The only one I had visited was Regency, and I really liked that one. I had some friends there, and it was close to everything I know. I had been there for lunch a couple of times. They had a luau, and that was fun. I had a friend who was an entertainer and he was entertaining there every month. I just thought the place was what I would like. The apartment was in a nice size. I just felt comfortable there. All day long you could do something. They had a swimming pool. They played games, and they had entertainment. They had a nice dining room. The food was really good. I was not rushing, but I was hoping at the time that I would want to move, they would have a room for me. I really kind of liked that place. I really kind of liked that place. Everybody I met was nice.

September 17, 2015

By Diane113125950

I visited Regency Residence. It is mostly an independent, but they also do assisted living and a little bit of memory. It is wonderful. It is a very nice place. There were a lot of independent people. I would recommend it. The people were very patient, very loving, very caring. The rooms looked very nice. They were reasonable. They had the one-bedroom. It was nice and small. They had a little kitchen, the bathroom, and a walk-in shower, which I thought was very good. The two-bedroom was about the same. It was the big one, and it was very nice too. The staff was very caring. They really cared about the patients, and they were always explaining to you, and they would come up and talk to you. They made sure that everything was OK. I tried eating there. It was very good food, but they should ask a lot of people like if they had diabetes and make special foods for some of these people who could not eat so much sugar and salt. The food was good. They had decent meals. They had three meals a day. The morning stuff, afternoon, and dinner. I enjoyed the whole place.

September 15, 2015

I went to two places, and Regency Residence was the one I liked better. You get a very nice feeling when you walk in there. It's almost like a resort. The staff was very helpful. We had lunch there, and the food was good. It's a one-bedroom apartment, plenty of room, a walk-in closet, and everything that my mother is going to need. It has a little screened-in lanai, and it would be perfect for her. They had a pool, workout, bingo, cards, etc. The dining area was very nice.

June 30, 2015

By Barb28

The managers change very often at Regency Residence although they have a wonderful activity’s director. The apartments are not big but they have storage. They food is not as good as it used to be, I think it has gone down a little bit, there’s a lot of pork and chicken. Right now the environment is also changing as they are bringing a lot of people with wheelchairs and walkers in their 80s or 90s. It is becoming an older community.

June 20, 2015

By Caring109219850

I like Regency Residence better simply because of how it was laid out, and it had a couple of more amenities. It had a pool -- my grandmother likes to use the pool -- and it had a birds club. I just like the physical layout a little bit better. I was very impressed with them, and it was the one I was hoping I could get her to at least go look at.

May 28, 2015

By Jean107023150

Regency Residence is also a very nice place. The food was good, and they had nice activities. The apartments were great, and the staff was wonderful.

May 24, 2015

We visited Regency Residence, but mom is not ready yet. The woman who showed us around -- the director -- was very informative, we liked the kitchen, the people were involved, and it seemed very nice. The 1-bedrooom room has a better lay out, and it was clean.

May 13, 2015

My visit at Regency Residence Florida is very, very pleasant. I have been there several times. The rooms are spacious. The second time I visited the place, I brought a friend, and he noticed that the carpeting was dirty in the hallways. It is an older place, but it is spacious. Their food is excellent, and they have a nice pool and surroundings. It is in the middle of a busy area, but it is kind of close, and it is very nice. The people are very, very friendly. It felt more homey.

April 20, 2015

By Puffin

My husband and I visited regency residence, we were given an invitation to a Sunday lunch, it was good, we like the 2 bedroom apt as has 2 bathrooms. Thanks to all there.appreciate it so much, the help,etc. I hope we will be able to live there, Jane Dhans Willard too!

March 27, 2015

By Jean and Paul

I really like Regency Residence; it is quiet, nice, and offers everything that we need. The staff is very courteous and professional. The food is excellent, and the place is secured. I think it’s a very nice place to live. There are two bedrooms and two bathrooms. They have trips, transportation for doctors’ appointments, shopping, computers, and reading. It is beautiful. It’s close to shopping and markets; everything is available. The area seems really nice, and everything is easily accessible.

February 27, 2015

By oma&opa

Other

We found our sales rep. very friendly and knowledgeable. The dining room however, reminded us of a "mess hall". The food was OK. The two bedroom apt was too small for us.

Hi! I'm Katie - I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for leaving a review- this is interesting insight. We'd particularly like to know why you had a negative impression of our dining service and if you have any suggestions on how we can improve. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-370-8331 to discuss details.

February 24, 2015

By advocating son

My parents are both residents. The only complain that we have to date concerns the meals which in our opinion could be improved on two counts: increased quality of the ingredients use and more attention paid to the "taste" in the preparations. This is a "sore point" Most of the residents who do not wish to raise this common complaint. However, this is the consensus of the residents--just ask them (off the record) and conduct a poll. The meals are just not sufficiently appetizing enough to earn any praise whatsoever.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for writing a sincere review about your parents' experience at Regency Residents. Food is an important part of all of our lives, so we want to make sure your parents are enjoying each and every one of their meals. If you'd like to provide more detail or suggestion, you are welcome to call our Resident Relations department here at Home Office at 1-800-370-8331.

February 10, 2015

By Margaret102212450

Regency was close to me and to my doctor. The food seemed pretty good. I liked the fact that you would have your own little screened-in patio, which was one thing that really appealed to me. However, there was no extra storage. The closet was small, but it was nice. Everything was always clean, it smelled clean, and the grounds were nice.

January 06, 2015

The staff of Regency Residence tried to work with me as best they could, but they had to make the final decisions, so that was difficult for me. Their dining area was one big room, and there were so many people in there. It is not really conducive to my present eating area; there are too many tables.

December 28, 2014

By John100476450

My mom and her husband have friends at Regency; that's why they chose it. It is very nice. They have three meals a day and coffee. They have a swimming pool and workout room. So, for independent that's where they are living. They can go have their meal, and they have a kitchen to cook their own. We have dinner and lunch there. and the food is very good. We talked to the director, and we found out all about the activities. They have activities at the place like bingo and game night. They have bus that will take them shopping and to the mall. They also have activities running weekly at the place. The apartment has a living room, a bedroom, a small kitchen/dining area, a handicap accessible toilet-shower, and the normal things that you will find in an apartment that will be caring for elderly people. They have the push button monitor for emergency. It has a little veranda where you can sit outside.

November 30, 2014

By Cathy98012050

Regency Residence was my favorite. The experience was great, but it was my husband’s fault; he didn’t get the attention he needed because he was all the way up on the third floor, so he was nervous he wouldn’t get any attention being far away. The room was huge and beautiful, clean, with brand new carpet and brand new paint. He had a family room, bedroom, and a bath; everything was perfect but it was him. The food was very good -- it was probably the best there -- and he really enjoys the food.

October 29, 2014

By Randi3

My in-laws moved in Regency Residence on August 25th. I'm very pleased with it. They have a really nice apartment, i.e., screened-in porch. It overlooks a courtyard which we're really, really lucky to get. I think people are friendly. They're welcoming. They help the residents get services. Everything takes time; they're not the friendliest people, but I think overall, they're doing very well, and it was the right decision. It was the best place for them. We chose this community because of the cost, and because my mother-in-law wanted a kitchen. Their apartment was small, but she does have an oven so she can bake and cook. Here, the services are independent, and we can pick and choose what's right for them and who comes in to take care of them. Regarding food, they have enjoyed it. We got to eat there for the first month, and every meal was really good. I was really pleased with the food. The activities, they have actually participated in some -- like they have done musical reviews.

September 30, 2014

Mom has been at the Regency Residence for nine years. Everything is included including to doctor's appointment to social activities. She has a one bedroom apartment with full kitchen. She has a walk-in closet and a regular closet. They have all sorts of scheduled activities. They serve three meals a day. What I like the best is the care that they give to their residents.

August 05, 2014

By Aline1

Regency Residence is close to my family. I visited and the facilities were clean, the people seemed very nice -- that was my main reason -- and the prices were right. So far, I am pleased. There are some things that I am finding a little more difficult because I am lactose intolerant. It is pretty hard for me even with medication and I am finding that when I was home, I could control my diet a lot better. Like when I am home and I make cream soups, I make it with lactate and I am sure they are not doing that here -- I am experiencing a few more problems than I was having before. I am also a diabetic, but there are plenty of foods for those with diabetes. I am finding there is not enough food for people who are lactose intolerant and if I have to say there were any complaints, that would be it. They take you where you want to go; every day there is a bus that goes north and south to grocery shopping, to church, to doctor and dentist appointments -- any appointment that you need. There are plenty of things to do here. We have bridge as well as all kinds of games and parties; if you are bored it is your own problem. The other big reason why I chose this facility is because it is independent living. If I do have a problem, family members can come over and help me with my care so that I don't actually have to hire somebody. The meals are excellent -- three meals a day. The staff is very caring and the place is neat and spacious enough. I have only been here three weeks, but so far I can say that I am pretty comfortable.

July 31, 2014

By William45

I am here now at Regency Residence. I like the food because it is good. We have three meals a day, breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have a one-bedroom unit. The place is clean. Everybody is friendly and the staff is very good. They have lots of activities, but I have not participate in any of them because I just move in here three weeks ago and there's a lot to do. All around, it is just a nice place.

June 26, 2014

By Carla11

I liked Regency Residence. The food was good, and the people were nice. It was just really pleasant. Everything was good. The only thing that was a little disappointing is it's so close to my sister-in-law's church, and I would love if it was assisted living as well, but it's not.

May 21, 2014

By Fran12

Mom is at Regency Residence. It's an independent living facility, but they have some case managers that are on-calls. They provide three meals a day, and they have a physical therapist there. They have a gym, a pool, and they have lots of activities. The apartments themselves are very nice, and they are very bright. Everyone has a screened patio, so they still enjoy their garden, and they can sit outside and have a fresh cup of coffee in the morning. The housekeeping staff are absolutely friendly, nice, and helpful. The maintenance staff are just awesome. They come as late as 10 at night if you need something, and they are also very personable. The food is delicious. Mom is enjoying the place a lot.

May 13, 2014

By Caring82021650

I was able to visit Regency Residence. Everything about the facility is fine, and everybody seemed be happy. I have been invited there for lunch, and the food is very good, and they have things going on there every day for everybody, and that is where I'd like to go. The room that I saw has one bedroom, and all the furniture that I have in my apartment would fit in that bedroom. They have a little kitchen there. They have a screened-in porch and a nice swimming pool. They even have a little dining room off the big one.

February 28, 2014

They were having fair at the time that I went to Regency Residence. It was very nice. It was bright and cheery. They brought me in, they showed me around, and I had lunch there. I told them upfront I just wanted to find out about them. Then I was on my own to talk to the different residents. They had a band playing. The rooms are beautiful. The dining area was very cheery. Everybody seemed happy. The staff could have been better. They really put themselves out and introduce me to the manager of the place. It was nice. I had a good feeling about it.

December 31, 2013

We were very impressed with the Regency Residence because it was very clean and very modern. The people all seemed healthy and happy. The girl that took us around was very nice. We had lunch there and the food was good. We saw two-bedroom, two-baths and it was in good size and nice. But you bring your own furniture. They also offered social activities.

November 26, 2013

By Connie29

I really like Regency Residence. They are owned by Holiday. I like this one and another facility the best. First of all, they said I could bring along my Golden Retriever. It was a nice place. I'm pleased with it. The food was wonderful. They did have a pool, a gym and they even do classes for their residents. However, the place I was looking at, which was on the first floor, had been rented. Also their two-bedroom unit wasn't big enough for me. In terms of what they can improve on, for Regency, I think they need to invest on some reading equipment. There is something for the computer that provides a more visible screen. There is also some software out there that will enlarge a book if you want to read it. That would be my suggestion.

September 26, 2013

By Leaf6

Regency Residence was very nice. The people were very friendly but the residents were older than I am. The food was wonderful. The waiters were very accommodating. The dining room was pleasant. They had a good travel club. They had water aerobics and stuff that I'd be interested in.

July 12, 2013

By Kim22

Everything about Regency Residence is wonderful. The facility is beautiful. It is a good choice for a family. It's in not a cookie-cutter format and for someone who is still very healthy and doesn't need actual assisted living, it's just a beautiful location. Everything about it is just so nice.

June 25, 2013

By caring4584

My visit at the Regency Inn was really good and people there were very nice. The building, the apartments, and everything looked good and well-maintained. They have one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. The staff was very polite and courteous. They showed us around and they even served lunch. They have a lot of activities, a lot of stuff to do like trips, and all kinds of games like Bingo; they have a good calendar.

November 09, 2012

By Molly13

The facility was clean, and the staff was friendly. Each patient got their own room and personal care from the staff on a regular basis. My only complaint is that, considering what is provided, the facility seems rather over-priced. It is a couple of thousand dollars per month to stay there. But, considering the full-time staff (including registered nurses), it doesn't seem that unreasonable to know for sure that my grandfather is both well taken care of, and safer than he would be at home with us. He had seriously low blood pressure that made him dizzy all the time, but the staff were really good about giving him his medicines, and his small apartment was even equipped with metal bars for him to stabilize himself with. Also, concerning the cuisine, there was quite a degree of variety that was also conscious of the senior's dietary needs. He never complained about the kinds of food/amount of food he received, and made quite a few friends in the dining hall. Overall a high-quality facility, but very much on the upper end of expense.

Photos of Regency Residence

Features of Regency Residence

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Regency Residence

Regency Residence is located in Port Richey, FL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Regency Residence for a visit...and stay!

Map of Regency Residence